The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

You guys ruin my dream :smiley: to realize this chaos build. Joke ofc i should try to mix max it as mush as i can.In other hand if i leave chaos convertion and change Voidwisper rings with Spiritbinder gluph and offhand with mythical Reaper of the Accursed and with it definitely will fix my elemental resistance on my pets.Now main source of dmg should be vitality and i can RR with CoF.

http://prntscr.com/us4qif SR 70 is real without any pots and deaths

My browser must have malfunctioned. It works fine now.

1 Like

I have a question about your evaluation of Crab Spirit (Hysteria relic) vs. Storm Hound (Savage relic). I was fortunate enough to find the blueprint for Savage earlier than I got Homestead up to Respected, so I had a lot of time with it before gaining access to the Crab. (I’m a newbie who’s only been playing GD for a few days)

And I gotta say, while I’ll take your word for it that the Crab is about the same power as the Hound, despite the much weaker attack, I do think the stats on the relics themselves are perhaps even more relevant because the difference between the pets is supposedly a wash. And with that in mind, Savage seems to absolutely trounce Hysteria.

GrimTools shows this as Savage’s stats:

+46/+70 Offensive Ability
Bonus to All Pets:
  10/14 Elemental Damage
  +28/+42% to All Damage
  +8/+12% Health
  20/30% Elemental Resistance

While Hysteria offers:

+80/+120 Health
+16/+24 Defensive Ability
Bonus to All Pets
  +6/+10% Health
  +6/+10% Attack Speed

That certainly seems like a significantly weaker offensive and defensive statline for your pets than Savage offers. But maybe that’s just my noobishness shining through?

Savage is supposed to be better than Hysteria.

The debate is whether it is worth going for since the Crab Pet brings more AoE and utility in the form of Freezing enemies. And in practice ends up being more useful, atleast in my runs. Also, in general Hysteria is easier to get access to.

But if you are looking at the stats on the Relic and have all the materials needed, on hand, then there is no reason not to go for Savage.

1 Like

So… I heard you guys like Ghol Ritualist Builds and Resistance Reduction +OA/DA Shreds.

Is dat true? :3

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2G05xLV

Who needs off-hands when you can go with Shields instead Thunking

The Witch Doctor - Pet Ritualist updated to 1.1.8.0 with a variation of the above build.

It feels soo gud :3

My birbs are now properly jealous at Ghol and the sheer amount of RR it can get…

Now, something unrelated to the above 2 posts that I wanted to talk about…

Crucible is becoming more and more “not worth it” for my pet builds. The Clear times are increasing and it is harder to keep your pets alive in some of the builds (they lose blessings upon death which further increases clear times).

Meanwhile, Ultimate SR 75-76 is a joke atm and can be cleared with your eyes closed even without any camera/aggro tricks.

But, if you must choose Crucible for some reason, stick with the good old Crucible of the Dead. The new Crucible maps aren’t good for pet builds, or atleast for my pet builds.

Also, I won’t be testing any of my new builds or updates of my builds on Cruci from now on due to the above reason.

I will end up making like 100 new posts at this rate, so going to simply edit this one for this…

So, my Top 5 gets gutted into top 3…

New changes to RR had made dealing with a lot of stuff take much longer, or atleast it feels that way, especially when going up against Healers in Crucible/SR.

Guide will be updated soonTM, but this is how my main builds fare atm:

• Will-O-Wisp somehow withstood the test of time and is working the same as before (RR from only 1 mastery is probably the reason. So there would have been no nerfs here).

• Fluffy Squishy feels like it lost a good deal of its power even though it should be only -5% RR.

• Ishtar is kind of in a weird spot atm. Vitality is one of those damage types that needs all the RR it can get. And when you are relying only on Reap Spirits to get the job done, you need things to die fast due to lacking pets to tank for you and lacking AoE to clear groups of enemies efficiently.
    That causes problems in Deeper SR and such. But build is pretty tanky and so, it should wither the storm just fine.

O

Weeping Queen (offensive version of Fluffy) & Sanguine Lupus (Bleed, Briar/P.Spirit Conjurer) don’t feel “safe” to use anymore and hence were removed from the top 5.

Ghol builds got buffed for some insane reason… but they still struggle against Crate. So those will never see top anything in my list.

I refuse to acknowledge Skeletons at this point and will simply pretend they don’t exist.

1 Like

The PDF links have been updated.

Only change is the removal of Weeping Queen and Sanguine Lupus from the Guide + replacing old GT links for Fluffy Squishy & Ishtar with the new ones :slight_smile:

(I did think about adding another page or 2 to the guide, but decided against it because I was too lazy to type it all out)

Did you update the Download Link? The Zippyshare page says it was last updated in August, but maybe it’s just wrong?

Or maybe you could make it so the Issuu version is Downloadable? (The Download link says “the publisher chose not to allow downloads”). That site’s widget makes it impossible for me to read the PDF, because it’s just too small. Being able to download it and put it on my second monitor is the only way to make it legible.

Zippyshare one is the updated link. Easy way to tell it is to look at the download number next to it in the forum :stuck_out_tongue:
(It resets if you change the link)

I can just keep on updating the Online one at the website without the link getting changed and hence why it shows like 23.4k clicks atm. As for making it downloadable, that requires the publisher to buy a premium service from their website :frowning:

So…

Guide further updated (both online and downloadable versions) and now is 110 pages long :3

3 Likes

We need nerdy bird with glasses :bird: :nerd_face:

Also the symbolism, the biggest animals are 110 ft, they literally can’t grow bigger than that, just like the guide :smile:

Wiki: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal

1 Like

The guide can Fwuff%20Scorv

1 Like

New patch (hotfix) dropped: Grim Dawn Version 1.1.8.1 Hotfix 1

My Blightfiend Bomb builds got nerfed.

Hellhounds… the numbers need to be seen, will wait for GT to update.

I will let you guys test if this makes Crucible worth it for pets or if the change while making this better, still isn’t enough.

UPDATE COMING THROUGH ON STUFF: CHOO~ CHOO~~~~

Fwuffy repeatedly slams its head against the wall in a Ice cream fueled drunken dizziness, trying to make sense of all the stuff that stopped making sense anymore

It doesn’t work and Fwuffy just ends up falling down face first onto the floor

Ok… so, first things first, I haven’t updated to 1.1.8.1 yet since I wanted to play around with Ghol a bit more…

But that aside, a general outline of how things stand atm:

• I never was a fan of non transmuted Ghol. So future for Bomb fiends look grim. Can’t use them with Birbs anymore like I once did, going for Elemental Blightfiends. Probably going to be focusing on Vitality I suppose. Something like: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNY1JRgN

• Will O Wisp - Pet Cabalist is now competing with Fluffy Squishy for the title of my strongest pet build… Yes, the same Will-O-Wisp that I once pronounced dead… It is also currently my only build that manages to get <7min Cruci clears (4+1 b).

• The Fluffy Squishy - Pet Conjurer Good old Fluffy keeps going somehow. Then again, pet conjurers were always sturdy and with plenty of ways to build them. So in the end, shouldn’t be a surprise. Still holding on to the title of my strongest pet build (for now), but is much weaker than Wisp in Crucible.

• Ishtar - Pet Ritualist was supposed to be as strong or even stronger than Fluffy Squishy. Instead, it now dies in Cruci 164 if you are not careful… But given that it is still the strongest Ritualist that I have atm…

1 Like

Random Lightning/Fire Lost Souls build that may or may not work: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqxRn4V

That looks like around 8 minutes(?) and that’s with me running it, so someone with more experience in Crucible can probably push this time in the 6-7 minute range. I definitely feel the Crucible buffs, it was very kind of Zantai to bestow these buffs to us.

1 Like

That is good news. How much is the time difference from previously?

It used to be well over 10 minutes, and even worse depending on whether the Skeletons would survive the onslaught or not. The changes to Skeletons, the Crucible buffs, the flat damage bonuses, everything turned out better. The high priority targets I couldn’t kill fast enough before are now a lot more comfortable to face.

I suspect the future of Ghol’s Ritualist will be permanent Blight Fiends with the assistance of Primal Spirit and Vitality to Acid converted Reap Spirit. Here’s a Grimtools I’m going to test with it - Primal Spirit + Reap Spirit should be more than enough to help out single target problems, while Blight Fiends do what they do best.

Unless you have really high CDR, such as a CDR weapon + Beastcaller’s + Sovereign or Oppressor pets, taking the transmuter is not going to be worth it, as without the CDR, you average 2 Blight Fiends in the 12 second life-span, which you can do easily enough with permanent Ghol.

1 Like

Good, good. Nice to see the boner gang back in action :yum:

For my part, I have decided to take a break from Ghol for now. Will be trying to see what to do with non Ghol Blightfiends instead.

Shame though that unless you go for generic items or another pet set, you still end up with Ghol set pieces in the build, except for the medal ofcourse :frowning:

1 Like