The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

The answer is, yes :blush:

2 Likes

Random Pet Cabalist build using Mythical Dreeg set : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2Jpqg7Z

EDIT: Just changed some augments and components around for better Resist overcap.

1 Like

Is there only the one actual pet from Devotions?

Correct.

How is the pet from bysmiels devo anywayÂż

What does dreeg set bring to the table for pets? Or even non-pets in this case? I’m actually curious, as I only see 50% conversion on Reap Spirit cast and some +occult skills (and no birds for Maya??).

Edit: Oh…maybe it’s the eyes for more pets. But won’t the eyes just focus more aggro to you?

I’m guessing it is to eventually try most every set on pets? Dedication.

Maya, thanks for the guide and builds.

I was trying physical/pierce Conjurer with Mythical Grimoire of Og’Napesh + Mythical Heart of the Mountain, went for Azraaka + Ishtak + Tree of Life. Could not handle Ravager, though SR 65-76, Lokarr, Bourbon, all Nemesis and Dungeons are ok, could not kill Crate as well.

Respecced into bleeding builds - seems it’s very natural way to go because of bleed damage to pets (Primal Bond, Mogdrogen the Wolf, Huntress, Thalon, Beastcaller Talisman).

MAnaged to kill Ravager after about 25 minutes of heavy kiting without pharma and no healing devotions, spec https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV1E0vnV i just use Cataclysm Eye, Mythical Shadowfiend Cord.

Should have probably used Primal Instinct instead of Mogdrogen’s Ardor, but well, it is done.

So far i feel rather glassy and it’s very unusual.

I don’t have a single item from Bysmiel Trinkets though i am 100% sure double birds’ is the very best setup to go.

There is also sigatrev’s elemental pets setup with Ulzuin Torch + Mog the Wolf + Leviathan, though i don’t have the items for it, maybe it’s still better than bleeding setup from above.

Will probably level the devotions now to reach Falcon Swoop, Mog the Wolf, Huntress and Oleron to max level in order to properly evaluate the performance.

Next are Callagadra and Crate.

regarding Sanguine Lupus: is it worth dropping Assassin’s Blade + 1 point in Wolverine and get Typhos, Jailor of Souls instead? Our damage is bleed in any case. What do you all think?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZe63vEN like this.

Good enough if you need an extra Pet for whatever reason. But for applying RR, it is subpar imo. But that is only against multiple targets. Against single targets like boss fights, it does pretty good.

It was born out of a random discord Conversation and more of a joke. But I do intend to use any and all non pet sets I can, on Pets :stuck_out_tongue:

Aye, phys/pierce is like the unwanted child of pet builds atm :frowning:

The reason why bleed builds feel glassy is because no Ishtak or Tree. Also lower run speed…

Yes, you can go Typhos with it instead. When I made Lupus, Typhos had less pet stats and Oleron gave flat phys RR. So I went for Ass blade to get even more RR.

I now have a few different devo setups for it in mind, but have been too lazy to test them. My problem is the same as yours; build feels glassy. And now that Will o Wisp & Fluffy Squishy are both showing similar Cally kill times, I am lest without much motivation to further test Lupus.

Also on the topic of P.instict vs Ardor, I have tested that and the Swarmlings still die too fast for my liking due to too much AoE in Crucible/SR. Ardor showed better results.

And on Sig’s Ele pet setup, you can use its devo with double birb Trinkets too :yum:

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays, everyone.

And may the new year bring us all good fortunes.

3 Likes

Happy holidays!

May every desire you have become reality! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

And to you as well!

Disclaimer: No birbs will be eaten in the Martius Household.

1 Like

PDF Guide will be updated soon-ish.

• Budget builds got changed. Ritualist & Cabalist gets 3 reap spirits now. Conjurer more in line with Fluffy Squishy interms of Skill & Devo. You can find GT links in the second post of the thread for now.

• Need to test out endgame builds a bit more to see if anything needs updating.

• The Skeleton Cabalist will be removed from the guide since Skeletons suck atm compared to everything else.

Killed ravager and dropped Assassin’s blade for Typhos.
SR 75 is done
Callagadra - dropped her to 50% hp and then she killed me, pets are evaporated very quickly no matter resists, so is the player. Since i don’t have another Celestial essence to try, perhaps this will remain unconquered unfortunately.
Crate - dropped him to 50% hp and died. Is it worth not to bind devotions (Falcon Swoop, Rend, Oleron rage) to pets and try to kill him without this?
Have no clue how to deal with above superbosses, to be honest.

On Cally the trick is to let your pets hit once or twice, then run far enough so that your pets teleport to you and then attack again. That gives time for your bleed DoTs to tick and pets stay alive longer.

For Crate, without devo procs you will do less dmg = more Crates spawn anyways = back to square 1.
Instead just do what I did in the handy Screenshot in the OP. If you can’t get the timing right to get past the Crates, use Aether Clusters. Other than that, just kite them and don’t get hit by his Meteor Shower.

Btw see if this helps: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RVvxMpvN

Took out Falcon Swoop. Pets also gain 4% AdctH.

My problem is health regeneration on Callagadra, if i run long enough, the damage done is regenerated and it all starts over.

On Crate i simply cannot do anything even with updated setup, bad piloting, obviously.
Thanks for your assistsance, perhaps those two will remain unconquered, which is a pity.

You don’t run that long :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw, trying out an updated version of Lupus with max Hellhound (yes, Doggo). Will let you know how it goes.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2j3E6jV Maya, did you try something similar? The idea is to make Briarthorns do Cold damage + take the relevant devotions (Amatok + Leviathan + Mogdrogen). What do you think?
1 point is missing to get 4th orb for Raven but it seems Mythical Voidmancer Cord will be worse than +1 to Occultist.

Better to do it as Elemental or Lightning instead as Chillmane, PS & Hound will still do Physical dmg that won’t get converted and go to waste. Sigatrev’s [1.1.2.5] Elemental Beastcaller's Conjurer for example would fare much better.

Right, if only Bysmiel Grasp could convert all physical damage to cold for pets, guess it’s pointless to ask for this change as it’s not going to happen.