The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

Try using a VPN. The host might be blocked in your region.

1 Like

Thanks that was indeed the problem

1 Like

So Fluffy Squishy was updated to use Gate to Many Worlds Off-hand, but the GT link given in the pdf guide will still be using Mythical Blood Orb.

If you are wondering why, it is because I had to GDStash for like half an hour for Top Rolls on resistances on items, especially Aether & Chaos to even Cap them and still they are sitting at 0% overcap ingame.

As the guide is supposed to help new players first and foremost, I donā€™t feel comfortable in giving you such a build to work with. So if Resistances on your items are lacking, use the Blood Orb for better defense. But if you can cover all your Resistances to atleast the 80% cap, then go for Gate to Many Worlds.

And if any of you are wondering, why Gate to Many Worlds then, the answer is simple; 9 min Callagadra kill. The fastest for a pet build :yum:

1 Like

Soā€¦ guess who is back in the Top 5 :yum:

1 Like

Random new Pet Concept with Mythical Silverbolt Weapon: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZoB86zV

You can blame @Crittrain for the birth of the above link image

And if you donā€™t mind farming Kaisan, then: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2J9Gp8N

It shall be greatness

1 Like

LoL, thatā€™s really fun concept!

Silverbolt gives tons of skill points to always hungry for skill points pets :yum:

1 Like

On that note, for those sad about loss of Catā€™s Eye on Birbs: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOBPPeZ

It seems I will have to release a new line of Pet builds, all with M.Silverbolt :zantai:

2 Likes

R.I.P. Silverbolt

Is a fire/chaos Hellhound focused build viable in 1.6.0? I feel like Hellhound summon limit increase needs to be somewhere else apart from the Lost Souls set.

1 Like

Correct, Lost Souls simply blocks too many slots and 2 Doggos arenā€™t enough to carry a build on their own. It feels like a slight nudge in the right direction and they will be there, but not quite at that point for now.

Maximum Hellhound - 26/22/22/22 Hellhound

This was the best way I could fully grab every overcap with Summon Hellhound - I had to pair it with something so I chose Shaman so I could get full Fire Hellhound + Full Lightning Primal Spirit. Seems like something that could be usable, though likely lacks the pet resistances to do anything spectacular. I just wanted to get something on paper to see how much fully maxed Hellhound can do by itself + Primal Spirit.

1 Like

does ā€œscales with player bonusā€ pet benefit from flat dmg? such as
servant of Empyrion or blade spirit get flat dmg bonus from flame touched or iskandraā€™s EE?
and here my theory craft buid: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GOOb62
is it viable late game?

Curious to see how it performs if you are willing to test it :nerd_face:

Nope :frowning:

You need Will of Bysmiel > Manipulation + Hellhound to tank.

Inner focus, Arcane will, Nullification & Solaelā€™s witchfire are waste of skill points on a Pet build.

Also, Seal of Blades component wonā€™t do much good.

And the Mirari series are official: Mirari - SilverCore Pets

Conjurer, Cabalist & Ritualist done :sunglasses:

1 Like

My old Conjurer wasnā€™t doing anything, so I respecced it to this build. Good news is: Hellhound surprised me with its damage. I assume it was his Ember Claw - I was seeing Crits for around 100K, which I definitely wasnā€™t expecting from the dog.

Bad news: bad energy regeneration, the equipment that gives points to Hellhound give little skillpoints everywhere else, little resists for the pets, and Iā€™m too glassy to take Nemesis hits. Then again, Iā€™m bad at the whole ā€œdonā€™t get yourself killedā€ part of the game, but after Retaliation pets were no more, I have yet to find a pet Conjurer that was tanky enough to take hits for my liking. I donā€™t like the constantly moving and fearing the next hit would be my last.

Iā€™ll try some other theorycrafting with the Lost Souls set and see if I canā€™t do anything thatā€™s worth trying out.

1 Like

Maximum Hellhound, v.2

This should cover my Energy issues & pet Resists. I donā€™t think I can improve on the Devotion set-up, so I ditched the 2-Hander so I can get 2 Seals of Might and having the Dracarris weapon at least covers me for more Vitality Resistance and Physical Resistance. The only way I can get pet Vitality resistance close to 80% is by changing the suffix of the shoulders and replacing the components to cover my resistances, but I have enough pet Speed to offset losing the 16% by forgoing 2 Eldritch Mirrors.

Iā€™m liking this set-up a lot better. Iā€™ll report the results once I can stash together the pieces.

EDIT:

I got up to Crucible 168 without the pets having any of the tribute buffs (the pets all died at Wave 160 :sad:) Not bad for a Conjurer with no pet sets. Iā€™m going to make this its own build post, because itā€™s really good.

1 Like

Sorry for spamming this thread, but I want to see how well this addition to the Silverbolt series goes:

Silverbolt series - pet Deceiver

Iā€™ll give it a dry run once I can respec my old pet Deceiver, and then give it a second go when the next hotfix actually gives the Primal Instinct buff we were promised in 1.1.6.0. If the Primal critters are good enough to provide non-negligible damage, it may be similar to the Maximum Hellhound build above.

EDIT: Sadly, without having a lot of Physical Resist or Armor, Iā€™m too much at the mercy of bar Mutators so that even 26/16 Raven and 26/16 Hellhound canā€™t save it. Hellhound still does great damage, but itā€™s nowhere near as defensive as the Conjurer above, so I canā€™t take advantage of the buffed Hellhound + 22/12 Spirit and 100% Lightning to Fire conversion. Sad.

1 Like

Yeah, looking towards Primal Instinct buffs as well. Meanwhile I was actually thinking of updating my Scheherazade Pet Deceiver with Silverbolt :laughing:

Vitality Ritualist that may or may not work: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2E304mZ

1 Like

And the Vitality Pet Ritualist becomes a proper build: Ishtar - Pet Ritualist

2 Likes