The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

Everything is part of Maya’s evil plan in taking over the world with birbs and dogs

2 Likes

1 Like

Sargent Eagle ready at your command! Or is this covert black op?

1 Like

I never think of that :0

1 Like

Right now, I have about 20 Grimarillion builds I need to update to FG, so it might be a while before I test what I think is a meme concept. Mods are love. Mods are life.

1 Like

Dark One Pet Conjurer made and link added to the OP :yum:

So… anyone want a potentially <6 min Cruci clearing Pet Cabalist that deviates so far from my usual stuff that I have no idea what madness prompted me to create this…

2 Likes

I want where where? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZoBjqEV

(Used 2 fully leveled Stormcaller Beacons + the defensive Blessings in my run)

1 Like

Random Abomination devo based Ghol Blightfiend Cabalist: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZD90AaN
No idea how it will be in practice though…

I am thinking about a blight fiend focused build, can you list pro’s and con’s of Cabalist vs Ritualist?

Also - how do you keep the aggro off yourself? Using Curse seems to immediatelly pull enemies on myself, even if i let my minions engage them first. Whichever enemy is not directly attacked will turn on my main character. Blight Fiends seem to have huge AOE so they should keep agro better. right?

Lastly what do you recommend for leveling with Necromancer - skeletons or blight fiend?

Cabalist is Easier than Ritualist and a bit stronger imo.

Never had a problem with aggro. So not sure on that.

Either, upto you. Personally, I don’t like Skeletons due to their frailty.

One more question - which build variant would you recommend for someone without any gear in his stash? I have some random stuff from before (maybe 2 pieces of the beastcaller set?), but i just bought the expansion and barely played Ashes of Malmouth.

It seems to me that all pet skills were nerfed (or rather the game became more difficult) and Forgotten Gods added mandatory sets to make pets viable.

+1 familiar was on a single amulet before, now you need a full expansion-exlusive set to get it. Reap spirit seems completely reliant on the Diviner set, Skeletons on that other set whose name i forgot, etc

1 Like

Maya has beginner / budget friendly builds here The Carnival - A Guide to Pets that can do basic farming :slight_smile:

1 Like

Like Malawiglenn said, look in that post or in the builds section of the online/downloadable guide for budget setups.

You absolutely don’t need full sets and can even work with faction items to complete the entire story on all 3 difficulties + farm Monster Totems on Ultimate or Shattered Realms 75-76 on Normal, to farm the legendaries and stuff.

Also, definitely recommend A Pet Conjurer as I personally find it the most versatile and in worst case scenario, you can spec it as a Dark One Conjurer instead if you get no luck with Pet Items.

It seems to me that the game changed greatly from when i last played, especially pet wise… either that or we didn’t have enough info back in the day.

Flat damage stacking seems to add very little to pets now that their basic attacks don’t actually have a %wpn damage component. Which actually requires serious rethinking of build paradigm.

They still do %wpn dmg on every one of their attacks though. Flat dmg stacking still is important. It is just not as prioritized as before as the base pet stats are more important.

Damn, @Plasmodermic got 5mins with a Pet Ritualist…

That was a really good run :heart_eyes:

#NerfPlasmodermic #BuffPets2020

4 Likes

I’ll probably be posting that build in the next couple of days. Still need to test a greenless version of it.

2 Likes

Your Rit is just full of damage and AoE, damn this thing is insane! Request list, fantasy green build with Witching Hour :heart_eyes:

1 Like