The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

I might just be able to throw it on this build with Necrolord helmet. Who knows

2 Likes

Man, barely any Wendigo Totem, no Bysmiel’s Iris, and no outside source of healing, and you beat 150-170 in 5 minutes. That’s what I call ultra-hardcore. Amazing job, Plasmodermic!

I had tried my own hand at a Poison / Bleed pet build using Skeletons, but it was Cabalist instead of Ritualist. Even with the Heart of the Sand King providing the %chance of 1,000% Bleeding damage, using the Bleeding Medal was still obsolete compared to Ghol’s Medal.

Moral of the story: Ghol’s Set is too good. :stuck_out_tongue:

Two things that stood out at me:

1. It says something about Crucible when the Stormcaller Banners are still best even though you have 10 Skeletons providing flat RR on their own. I hope Zantai’s aggro fix can help other banners being Crucible viable.

2. It says something about the Lost Souls set when Skeletons do a better job using Ghol’s Set than the Lost Souls set that’s specifically designed to boost Skeletons. I’ve already used Hellhound to good effect without needing a set, so Lost Souls is just terrible all around.

1 Like

Witching Hour is dead because:

1. Chaos is worst damage type
  2. 0RR support from pet masteries
  3. Only Hellhound has innate chaos dmg

It was viable when all skills pets had %wpn dmg on all basic attacks.

Where are you hearing these things? Both statements are false as WH is still very much alive and Pets still have %wpn dmg on their attacks.

did I just read “dedbilds”?

1 Like

Ok, so we are going to be updating all my builds that use Hound devotion with Lizard instead, including Fluffy Squishy.

You can blame @Crittrain for putting the idea in my mind.

1 Like

:lizard: You gave me the pet bug :frowning:

1 Like

3 Likes

Hound Debvotion should be mandatory for any build with Hellhound :rofl:

2 Likes

No not another bullshit theme argument! xD

1 Like

OK but Lizard is devotion with animal theme but doesn’t any give pet bonuses, Hound gives little bit of a health increase. I know health regen can benefit pet masters, since you can’t life steal but pet stats>player stats. Here’s the answer from gameplay and not thematic perspective, is it better?

1 Like

Hound’s Pet bonus is only 12% HP increase though :frowning:
Which in the grand scheme of things, doesn’t really add much since when you take into account the base +%HP from leveling the Pet and add like +200% on top of it from pet stats.

Now, not saying that what you get from Lizard does much either. But the passive regen + healing increase can at the very least help with DoT or if you have an health drain skill/proc like Dying God.

Also note that you do lose about 20 DA and a bit of Armor by swapping Hound for Lizard. But Pets don’t really use armor much due to massive physical res & the DA loss isn’t much.

1 Like

maya I only like purple builds, if I use your previous build is it still valid?
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2G7eM52

It has since been updated. Head to my Will O Wisp thread (you can find it in the List), for the current version.

So how well does that build hold up against Celestials and how much do your Skeletons contribute?

I don’t know, I haven’t played it outside of crucible. I’ll test it in SR before I post the build but I never bother with celestials. The skeletons are powerful in crucible, but that’s an ideal situation for them.

I don’t think anyone’s posted acid Conjurer and there’s good reason… Ritualist and even Cabalist looks better. But decent build, I will probably not posted, so will just link here the GT if anyone’s interested.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2mrnX0V

1 Like

That looks good nery, You mean to tell me you aint tried it?

1 Like

No no I tried it but Plasmo version of Ritualist is similar but better, so will just not post it in separate thread. I tried in Crucible and was 7 minutes and slightly above build, tanky, which is normal for Conjurer. I think it could do also 75, although for realms I will suggest map with Ishtak and not Moggy.

1 Like

It is still nice to have options :stuck_out_tongue:
And people might look for Acid Conjurers. I would suggest making a thread to it so that at the very least, it doesn’t get buried here eventually.

And it should be able to farm 75-76 too. Build looks pretty good even if Ritualist/Cabalist is better for Ghol.

1 Like