The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

UPDATE for 1.1.7.0 -

Nothing, absolutely not a single thing :stuck_out_tongue:
We only got buffs and no major changes that warranty any changes, so everything remains the same :blush:

Zaria the Carver has a new MI amulet that gives +1 to Shaman skills and Total Damaged Modifier to Summon Briarthorn & Hellhound by 30%. Combine that with Beastcallerā€™s set and Bloodsworn Codex and you have a huge ton of extra damage.

P.S. Lightning pets with Spark of Ultos, Bloodsworn Codex + Zariaā€™s Amulet + 2 Glyph rings are going to be absolutely busted, lol.

:open_mouth:

Link it pl0x

What I wouldnā€™t do for my favorite bird.

BEHOLD! The power of GDStash!

Thereā€™s a few buffs to previous MIā€™s and thereā€™s a medal that gives 25% Attack Speed for Hellhound (for those who want to use Lost Souls for double Hellhound, that is), but otherwise all glory is to this MI. And to think that out of all the new MIā€™s, I happen to come across it playing Crucible with a few builds.

1 Like

Wait +1 Max. Level?

Havenā€™t seen that before. Is it the same as +1 or do we get to have 27/16 Briarthorn and Hound now? :stuck_out_tongue:

And yeah, that things looks OP.

No, +1 Max level is GDStashā€™s way of saying that thereā€™s a skill modifier applied to those skills. It does not affect how many points you can get in them.

1 Like

Damn, was a bit excited there for a moment :yum:

I am getting a 403 error when I try to download the guide from the link provided, is there another site I can download from?

Use a VPN (Opera browser as an inbuilt one)

Yup looks to be a UK thing, swapped my VPN to the US and had no problems.

Tyvm for the help and the guide!

2 Likes

Np and glad to hear that. Also welcome to the forums :blush:

1 Like

I know people were asking whether a Lost Souls Skelemancer would end up being viable? Unfortunately, there are not a lot of pet items that could be used without the build being rendered obsolete by either the Witching Hour Chaos build or Guardian of Deathā€™s Gate Vitality pets. Since patch 1.1.7.0 makes MIā€™s a bit easier, Iā€™m going to be more liberal in my green use so I can point out where the non-green items fall short.

This is the build Iā€™m going to test. Iā€™m not particularly good at Celestial battles, but Iā€™m going to try CR 100-170 and SR 65-75 to see if it can pass those tests. If those tests donā€™t prove the build ā€œviable,ā€ it can at least help illuminate where things fall short.

Skeletons can easily pass those regardless of the build unless you go full meme. That has never been the problem with them or with Lost Souls. It is just that they fall short when compared with other pet builds. Like for eg; Lost Souls will show much less performance everywhere compared to Gholā€™s while the likes of Divinerā€™s or Beastcallerā€™s have no problem matching Gholā€™s interms of power.

Agree on all counts that Lost Souls is not a particularly well-designed set compared to the other pet sets. However, as I am a Moon Moon and lack your legendary bird powers, completing CR 150-170 at all is considered a big achievement to me, much less any of the accomplishments you have done over the years. :hatched_chick: Hopefully, my build threads with the much less impressive accomplishments do not give pet builds a bad name.

P.S. Iā€™ve tried Chaos Reap Spirit again with all the buffs that the patch gave it. I was able to beat CR 100-150, but it doesnā€™t have the damage to beat CR 150-170. Considering youā€™ve gotten that far with Battlemage pets and so many other meme concepts, I have brought shame to this concept. Still, the buffs are really nice, and Black Scourge weapon really shines considering how much youā€™re killing with the Reap Spirit spell itself.

EDIT: Iā€™ve tried SR65-66 to see if the concept would work better there. Good news - it was easier than I thought, and performed much better than other concepts Iā€™ve tried in the past. Unfortunately, the DPS is rather low, so monsters like Kubacabra and Kaisan are a massive pain to get past, but being able to beat SR65-66 with a hybrid pet build is great. It was obvious that hybrid pet builds arenā€™t going to accomplish things like beat Crucible 170 (honestly, I doubt Dashivā€™s Pyromancer concept would reach that far considering how much has changed since his build came out), but SR65-66 gives you quite a good amount of loot, so I rate this build as :v:.

1 Like

Crucible actually had always been a bit tough for non standard pet builds, so it is perfectly understandable :blush:

Aye, SR is much easier in general for pet builds as you can take things at your own pace instead of getting swarmed from the get-go. Hence why even my meme builds boast SR+ :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, definitely a good achievement if the build can pass 65+. So congratulations :+1:

Soā€¦ as you may or may nor know, I recently made a tl:dr or mini version of my guide for Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Grimdawn/comments/gwaz12/tldr_version_of_my_carnival_pet_guide_reddit/

That got me to thinkingā€¦ why not do the same here as I have already done most of the work. So, let me present to you: The Mini Carnival!!!

Okā€¦ it is just the ā€œMini-Guideā€ in the OP for those who donā€™t want to bother with the full one for whatever reason. You can access it by clicking on this thingy: image on the OP.

Also added the 2 new MIs to the MI list :stuck_out_tongue:

Whatā€™s your take on ā€œpulsing shardā€ as you level up? it has +50% crit dmg and +2 to reap spirit

The bonus to Crit dmg only applies to the Spell part of the skill. The Pets do not get it. So if you want the +2 to the skill, go for it. But otherwise, not a good choice.

2 Likes

Hey Maya,

Iā€™m not sure if youā€™ve already been brewing a Fire pet (Briarthorn + Hellhound) Conjurer this patch, but I think a lot of the [1.1.7.0] changes are a huge buff to this archetype:

• a single Korvaakā€™s Burning Blade now gives 100% phys to fire, giving briarthorns and hellhounds 100% fire dmg on their basic attacks (ignoring bleed from Briarthorn) - so we dont need Khonsarā€™s proc or to dual wield burning blades to get 100% conversion
  • Zariaā€™s Pendant + buff to Bloodsworn Codex makes Beastcallerā€™s 2x Briarthorns even better
  • Primal Instinctā€™s Swarmling got buffed (and they also benefit from Korvaakā€™s Burning Blade conversions)

e.g. an example build could look like: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2B0ldrZ

2 Likes

I am not exactly a fan of Primal Instinct and donā€™t think the buffs are going to change that :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the rest, personally if I am going full Beastcaller, I want Primal Spirit. And if I am going for Primal Spirit, I want the Bysmiel amulet to reduce its MP cost to 0.

So it is pretty much Korvaakā€™s BB + Codex. Still workable, but I havenā€™t really touched GD in like 2 weeks. Been busy with other stuff. Might make a version for Fire, Lightning & Cold Beastcallers soonTM :yum:

1 Like