The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

I also had a similar idea and theorycrafted a Conjurer. I’d say give it a go - I’m tired of duplicating Beastcaller’s Conjurers, so I came up with this idea: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZyg7jK2

I would recommend my devotion set-up, as Beastcaller’s gives you more than enough survivability, and I think it’s unfair to have the Hellhound there without giving it a nice devotion proc. Hellhound with 100% Fire Meteors is bound to be juicy, and if you’re using Primal Instinct critters, you need all the pet Speed you can get.

@Maya: Have you ever tested 26/16 Raven with the Bysmiel amulet for free Primal Spirit? I have a peculiar Conjurer I’d like to test, and I want to know how well a 6-projectile Raven with loaded DoTs will fare, as getting to 26/16 means you’re sacrificing getting the other pets to max overcap, though Gate to Many Worlds + Primal Instinct will help my particular idea as well.

1 Like

Good call on the damage oriented devotions - other than trying to push high SR/having a slightly better go at certain Celestials, I don’t think my choice of stacking for pet resistance devotions to be that useful!

Also great call on the maximizing pet speed w/ Swarmlings!

I wouldn’t say that I tested it, but messed around with the idea a bit. In the end however, didn’t really like investing in Familiar without having a second birb :frowning:

Couldn’t really make one to my satisfaction…

How has everyone managed to handle pet builds since the new v1.1.7.1 patch fixed all the spawn issues in Crucible? I admit, I liked it the old way much better because you were able to start a Boss / Nemesis wave at a far corner and have a few seconds to burst one of them down before the other ones rushed you. Now everyone’s at your face immediately and you have little recourse other than face-tank everything and hope your pets are strong enough to take them down.

My Conjurers have not had too bad of a time with the new Crucible since they’re naturally tanky, but any pet build that isn’t a Conjurer is having a much harder time than before. Skeleton builds in particular are going to have a very hard time since they’re not equipped to take 3/4 Nemeses simultaneously, and you have no time to burst anything now since the spawn issues were fixed.

1 Like

Nothing has changed for me because of this :3

I think I get it now. Combine Bysmiel’s Domination, Behemoth, and Tree of Life and end up getting over 2,700 Health Regen while also having 80% Physical Resistance when Frenzied Devotion is active. I tried that over other relic + devotion combinations and my performance became super solid in almost half the time. Thanks, Maya!

Please don’t nerf this combination.

1 Like

Hello Maya,
I’m very appreciated to your guides and builds.
Its very detailed and helping me a lot :slight_smile:
I’m quite new to the game and own the Base Game only.
I’m using this Base Game build of you and i’m very very enjoy that https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2MrnXbV
I reached the Ultimate with this build and completed the game. Very appreciated!!!
May i ask you if you could update this build to the final end game gears?
Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

First of all, welcome to the forums and the community and glad to hear that I was able to help :blush:

Now, as for the final build, try to get these items and you should be good to go:
https://www.grimtools.com/db/itemsets/44
https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/1509

2 Likes

So… we all know Fluffy Squishy. But what if you hate Birbs?

Then this would happenmenacing
But still… what if you wanted to play with Briarbutts? (even at the threat of being shot or stabbed or pecked to death by an angry mob of birbs…)

Well… fear not for the Shrubbery Version of Fluffy Squishy is here: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2j5yerN

Do note, the build has not been tested & I would still politely recommend the original Fluffy Squishy instead image

Thanks Maya for answered mine :).
I’m sorry for not reply to say thank to you as soon as possible.
I bought AoM and FG, really enjoy it :slight_smile:
Now i’m follow your fluffy squishy guide and looking for a place to farm. Could you give me an advice for farming: Crucible vs SR 65-66 or 75-76, which one is more effective? (drop rate and time)
Thank you Maya

1 Like

Playing Cabalist, no birds around, problem solved… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

My builds are tuned for SR more than Crucible, so I suggest SR :slight_smile:

Cabalist is Occultist + Necro :sweat:

2 Likes

Oops, I meant Ritualist. Some :bird: must’ve pecked my brain. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Loving my pet build. I took your feedback about not going down the bleeding pets build and focusing more on pets in general for conjurer and it’s going really well. One question I had was on Og’Napesh, if I compare that to something like +2 briar, +35% modified damage for briar and +2 hounds which would be better? I like having the extra pet and I think he’s cool but if it’s much worse I don’t want to gimp myself.

1 Like

Og’napesh unfortunately is not exactly that good. It is fine if you don’t have anything else, but I’d rather go for the green offhand with bonus to Briar & Hellhound.

Do note however that if you are taking about leveling, then having an extra pet might be more beneficial, atleast in normal/veteran.

That’s what I thought but fortunately I am leveling and still in Normal so I’ll use it for now. Thanks!

1 Like

is there a min/ max pet DA/ OA/ speeds/ life/ critical damage value list you could give us? would be very helpful.

There is no such thing. You get as much as you can :stuck_out_tongue:

As a general rule of thumb, I would strive for - at a minimum - at least 100% pet Health, 50% pet OA, 100% pet Crit, and 100% pet Total Speed, and absolutely max your pet resistances. Obviously how you reach this differs with each build, as pet builds with Primal Bond + Mogdrogen’s can easily get all of the above, but if you’re using Cabalist, your equipment and devotion routes will have to be changed a bit.

Need some advice on Ishtar build and what content it can do. High sr? Crucible?