[The Crucible] Perceived shift in difficulty - especially Crowd Control against players

Nothing, you can only reduce the amount of time you are frozen.

1 Like

Defensive Ability. :smirk:

1 Like

Yeah lol I guess if you dont get hit by the freeze that’s the best way… speaking of not getting hit, are Moos’s Crystal’s considered AoE?

The projectile burst can be ‘dodged’ with DA or ‘deflected’ with Projectile Avoidance. They have an aura that is counted as an AoE.

1 Like

Is the aura constant, or does is pulse at intervals? I seem to recall it not being constant, but rather pulsing at intervals … maybe I’m confusing that with the projectile burst though?

Well everyone at the forum’s building section have made hundreds of builds that simply won’t work properly. I have made so many builds looking good on paper, polishing every piece of stat and characters crumble against end game content like Crucible or SR. Yes there are some ground rules and numbers of making a build, I tried to cover some of them in my guide:

Also knowing the mechanics. But how build is performing have nothing to do with numbers. It’s based on experiments and experience. Sometimes items/devotions that looks bad on paper turn out to be way better than seemingly the logical choice. So the feedback threads are based on players experience and what they have discovered, sometimes is right, sometimes is wrong, but I don’t like the general sarcasm towards feeback threads, they are meant to improve the game details for all players!

5 Likes

I think you’re confusing the two. Auras ‘tick’ once per second but they also linger for a second to cover the gap. In english, that means if you don’t have the aura debuff/damage when you enter at an off-time, you won’t get afflicted by it until a second passes in the game clock. But once you do have the aura debuff and have been hit by the damage, it will last for a second until the next tick of the aura.

(this is how all radial auras work, to my knowledge)

1 Like

And at 100% freeze res, which won’t prevent freeze, how much would that generally shorten freeze duration by?

Also, can freeze res be overcapped?

Like all resists, CC resists cap at 80%. So 100% res with this cap enabled is functionally the same as 80% res, which reduces the duration of any incoming freezes by…80%.

Off the top of my head you cannot raise the cap of most CC res’s, but I don’t want to say that it absolutely can’t be done. It’s not a very common thing, though. You can overcap it, sure, in case some enemy were to reduce your freeze res (which I also don’t believe is a thing).

2 Likes

Got it, I asked those questions in reverse. So yeah, if you’re fighting Moosi and the Crystal’s accumulate no matter what your freeze res is, you’re going to get halted while in range unless you can get those Crystal’s destroyed.

I’m new so I apologize for the noobie boobie questions, but what does skill disruption protection or whatever affect? Like if you’re in the middle of a mobility skill and you have max skill disrupt protection, if you get frozen or trapped, it’ll still disrupt the skill right?

Skill disruption is its own debuff. When you’re afflicted by it, all of your skills “go on cooldown” for the duration of the debuff. Resistance reduces that duration.

Because it’s impossible to get 100% Disruption Resistance (or, rather, impossible to raise the cap to that level), Skill Disruption Resistance is regarded as useless because it will always affect you to some measure, so it’s not worth going out of your way to accumulate said-resistance.

1 Like

Occultist exclusive skill gives 100% skill disruption protection though.

But basically it’s just like freeze res. Cant prevent freeze, cant prevent disruption?

my AAR builds say hi

Yes and it’s been complained about since time immemorial…or…since Possession was reworked into what it is now, anyways.

Sure, but Freeze/Stun/etc. are arguably a little more dangerous, being as they restrict movement. Trap does too but you can still attack.

If nothing else, always remember that for some reason, you can use Health Pots while CC’d!

@Knife Skill Disruption Resistance is VERY useful when capped. Grava charge or disrupt pool can literally end you because abilities like Ghoul and Prismatic Rage don’t work during disruption either. Grava charge which disrupts skills for 2 secs is one of the most dangerous things in Crucible.

If you have 0% disrupt res and find yourself in a disrupt pool - you won’t be able to use any of your skills until you leave the pool because the pool usually has 1 sec effect and refreshes it instantly. With 30% res you will be able to use movement ability or, say, Mirror after during the 0.3 sec window.

3 Likes

This is absolutely not true, skill disruption resistance is a commodity that is just very hard to come by. I always try to fit arcane harmony pants in if I can.

2 Likes

why would he believe your impression, he knows whether it changed or not, so there is no need to believe anything, esp not something that contradicts the facts

Sounds more like it is time for you to believe Zantai, even if that means your impression was wrong…

Damn man even the devotion abilities and procs? What about circuit breakers, they’ll at least work right?

It only effects activated abilities to my knowledge. Devotions etc will still work

Well thank god for that!

Still that’s seriously threatening for all your skills to suddenly go on cooldown especially if you’re also battling 2 or more big bosses or nemesis who can freeze/trap like moosi and Ben’jar. Trapped and in a disruption pool lol.