The Fall of Valbury and Patch V1.0.0.7 are Now Live!

Please stop making new content that kills all my HC chars. I’m running out of HC chars.

Glad you found “it” :stuck_out_tongue:

Damn! I didn’t last 2 1/2 minutes in the new dungeon. Flesh hulks one shot me before I can react. Geeez

I am in late Ultimate with my Arcanist. He is 100% Spirit, fucking GLAS CANNON and the equip is really not bad. I started out as 100% Panetti’s + Trojan’s Sky Shards, but in Ultimate and late Elite -though I maxed both skills and all mods- these skills were just not enough to kill stuff reasonably. I could’nt even kill the Sentinel in late elite with it. So what I did was respeccing into Devastation and pawn the shit out of him. I saw literally no other way of killing this guy, even though I overcapped Trojans and Panetti’s, have about 1000-1200% + elemental dmg AND the 700%+magical dmg from my high spirit, and my offensive ability is also ok (about 95% chance to hit for bosses). And now, I’m stripped this last hope of ever finishing Ultimate with my char. For fuck’s sake. Better go play Witchblade and forget about my favorite class Arcanist. Arcanist noob trap :’((

Up until now nobody really complained about having to put all points in physique and maxing resists at the expense of DPS.
Since few days, and the release of 1.0.0.7, I see more and more complaints on these aspects, in different threads.

Non min-max melee characters are screwed that’s why you’re seeing more. Especially if you like 2H. Want to play non-warder? With current OA you are toast. Fire melee? 2H Druid? Off brand hybrid classes can no longer hang in melee despite there being incredible gear designed to create exactly that playstyle.

I’m not worried a fix is clearly in the works, and none of these character types were EASY in 1.0.0.6 so I assume we’ll see a rollback. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it!

Dear developers, did you try to reach the dungeon gates on ultimate difficulty? Do you know, how much time it takes to do it? If I decide to play fair and not to run through the mobs and not to die 10+ times, I reach the dungeon entrance in 1-1,5 hours. And at this point I’m tired and don’t have enough concentration to start this dungeon, that can definetely be beaten by me in 2 hours or so.

I’m sorry, but that large map with the only one way through before the player can enter the dungeon itself is a very stupid decision. Personally, I won’t go there anymore until the entrance is available to reach in a shorter time. Steps of Torment and Bastion of Chaos are good examples of what I mean.

Hard roguelikes are good, but not when they last 3+ hours.

This I agree it would be in keeping to have a teleport capability AFTER you have killed the Dungeon Gate Guard, so you do run through the fields once then can redo the dungeon as many times as you like as long as you have a key.

You’re complaining that they put too much free content in the update?

No, he is complaining that it is difficult to reach.

There has been a lot of debates of some dungeons too far away from portals. A part of the community is happy like this, a part no.

The dev are happy like this, so do not expect a portal close to the dungeon.
Thankfully it is not mandatory (unless you require one of the new monster infrequent).

I hope they will not add a mandatory rogue-like dungeon like the labyrinth in POE. This made me quit POE.

It takes nowhere near an hour to reach the gates to the dungeon on ultimate. At worst it might take you 10-15 minutes if you have no idea where you are going. You are grossly overestimating the size of the outskirts.

Ok got it, didn’t know that Crate are happy like this. Thanks for this information.

P.S. Have they made a mandatory one in PoE? Thank god i’ve left it much earlier. :smiley:

I doubt they will ever make rouge dungeons mandatory. They are supposed to be content for those people who just want to farm items outside of the story.

Also, it takes me around 5 minutes to reach the entrance of Port Valbury. Probably more depending on those random rocks that obstruct paths (farming Nemeses made me hate these things). Unless you are really squishy and dying all the time on your way there, then i don’t see how you take an hour to get there.

that is not how the other two roguelike dungeons work either. You enter once and when you die, you cannot enter again in the same session.

I agree that path to it could use a shortcut, seems longer than to the other two