The Fluffy Squishy - Pet Conjurer - SR 170 version :3

How does a boss take you 80 minutes to kill? You’re playing a full beast callers hotm conjurer no? Find that kind of hard to believe.

which one is objectively better? familliar or briarthorn

This is how I feel:

Familiars for crucible.

Brairthorns for everything else.

Now that 2x familiar requires a full set I wouldn’t go for it over 2x briarthorns.

edit: let it be known I wasn’t a fan of familiars before it was switched to a full set anyway.

Hm… So take points from the Hellhound and invest in Emberclaws? Will have to test it out and see.

Also, Briars are tanks while it seems the Hounds are built to explode :p. So a comparison is not exactly fair.

And never knew if the pets had monster types like “eldritch”, “beast” etc. If they do, then that is an interesting info.

Oh, and personally I feel like it could use more dmg scaling to the base skill rather than health. It still has more than Chillmane and Og’napesh. Plus in my build, I kind of went for about 280% pet health, so…

And damn, the Scion of Sands is on a whole other lvl than Moggy/Ravager eh?

I haven’t got the chance to even play the expansion yet. I am currently overseas, working on a project and won’t be back for a few days :cry:

But here, the only thing I am worried about is whether it makes up for the points taken from Familiar or not. If it does, then mission success. If it doesn’t, then mission failure.

If anyone wants to be my guinea pig, it will be much appreciated :stuck_out_tongue:

Objectively? That would depend on what you are after. But subjectively, I would go for Briarthorns any day.

If we are talking about the budget builds however, the familiar version might have bit of an edge.

Btw, for Callagarda, Scion of the Sands, get as much as pierce and bleed resists as you can for pets. Mythical Shadowfiend’s Cord just became BiS I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

(Pet Physical resistance and Pet Armor should also help, but those are harder to come by)

Im fairly new (only on Elite before FG hit) and was uisng the Rainbow Pet Conjurer - The Flying Dodo build… This seems fun so for FG im rolling this pet build, but I have no clue what the difference between the diffrent “fluffies” are :o

Yeah, this is kind of like an updated version of The Flying Dodo, for FG :smiley:

Now, for the differences in Fluffies:

Fluffy Maiden and Veil Fluffy use Ishtak + Tree of Life and has Primal Spirit pet.

Sand Fluffy
and Veil Fluffy II use Mogdrogen the Wolf and don’t have Primal Spirit due to mana concerns. (You can still use it if you don’t mind using mana potions every now and then)

Veil Fluffy
and Veil Fluffy II use Og’Napesh for extra pet + Mythical Veilpiercer for extra Resistance Reduction.

Budget Fluffy
is a budget/beginner build that doesn’t use any set items and is relatively easy to gear up for.

Fluffy Hound
is a modified Veil Fluffy that gives more focus to Hellhound at the cost of taking points from Familiar and is an experimental build of sorts.

Budget fluffy it is then :smiley: Thank you!

I mean, considering with 59 phys res, 19% absorb, ishtak, 80 pierce res, 1.9k armour with 84% absorb, 2850 DA she still hit me for 7k multiple times…

I don’t know if pets can facetank her in the end, unfortunately no laziness allowed here it seems… I did see some items (one being a faction amulet) that give a lot of pet phys res though. But even with 50 i can’t see them surviving easy.

I have a video of the fight, but again, hour and 20 minutes. I could try to find it again maybe to try it with my new setup? If I can? I don’t even know if I can do the fight again, but my setup right now seems infinitely more efficient than it did at the time considering I actually have devotion levels and I think azraaka is amazing.

As for the hounds, it’s weird. They generate so much threat so easily, which I guess is why they can’t be more tanky otherwise they’d be insanely OP as tanks. But even then I’d kinda like to see them just have… better scaling I guess would help? I dunno…

I’d test dummy if I had the time and the ugdenblooms to make the components, but I’m restarting with nothing in HC right now trying out a budget build focused on primal spirit :stuck_out_tongue:

Also I’m told that the new secret quest is on an even crazier level than callagadra. Haven’t found the pieces of the puzzle to do it yet, but I’m scared.

I dunno if she’s changed since I fought her, but it “only” took me ~25 minutes to kill her with an elemental pet build. I also found Azraaka to be pretty underwhelming (although it might just be that I was underwhelmed by physical/pierce in general for pets).

I will echo that the pets die pretty much instantly, so defensive devotions don’t do you a lot of good.

Did your pets have 80+? what about their phys

Well considering we aren’t exactly tailoring the build specifically for just one boss, it is fine. Besides, considering how easily we swat Moggy and Ravager, it is also nice to have a challenge. Superbosses for the most part are bragging rights content anyway.

If facetanking it is completely out of the question even if you go full def mode for pets, then I can see the Familiars ending up doing much better.

I’m rocking the Budget floofer atm (level 31) with a briarthorn but im really struggling where to invest the points… Went full out shaman up to primal bond and pet but feels like im doing something wrong since I die way to easy :stuck_out_tongue: Do have any plan do a path on the budget floofer for new players? :open_mouth: Read the “A Small Budget/Beginner Guide” but didn’t give me enough info :smiley:

Upload your current build to GrimTools and post the link here. I will be able to offer better assistance then :slight_smile:

I might do a more detailed guide some time in the future, but atm I don’t have the time to playtest a character from level 1 :frowning:

I made a compromise instead. Respecced to sigatrev’s beginner guide and when im higher level i’ll switch to one of the floofers :slight_smile: Which of em is “the easiest” to play later on? :slight_smile:

Well, Sig has yet to update his build for FG and if you are comparing it to all the fluffies, then the fluffies win simply by being a more endgame build. If you are comparing it to my budget builds, I have no idea which will be easier since Will of Bysmiel has been nerfed.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant that i’m only using it while leveling and will switch over to one of the fluffies when im closer to 100.

The question about which of the floofers was easiest to play was only because I’m kinda new and can’t really see the difference between them :rolleyes: I assume that Ishtak refernces to the celestical devo and I know that Og’Napesh is a set tho :undecided:

I assume that the playstyle and such varies between them?

(I will not do FG before I’m over 94 atleast)

Ishtak, the spring maiden is a celestial devotion on the upper right corner.

Grimoire of Og’Napesh is the off-hand book.

There is no real difference in playstyle between the fluffies. But there would be difference in performance.

The Fluffy Maiden, Veil Fluffy, or Fluffy Hound would probably be the easiest to play. Of them which is better/easiest? You will have to wait until I actually get to test them out. As I said in an earlier post, I am currently out of the country on a business trip :slight_smile:

Also bonus trivia, if you are following Sig’s build for leveling, that is one way to level my Budget Dodo build :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for bearing with the newbie questions :smiley:

Always glad to be of any help :smiley:

Btw, just so that I don’t leave anyone completely in the dark with no idea what to do, the skill path below might work for the Budget Fluffy. I say might, because it remains untested.

Note: You will still need an active skill early on to bind Shepherd’s Call to.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2ddqB92

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNnjR8AN

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7q605N

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RVvOoYvZ

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAlOa42

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/vNQrvMR2

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWYJeJN