The Fluffy Squishy - Pet Conjurer - SR 170 version :3

Can’t wait to see how the new patch changes the build. Hopefully only upgrades and no downgrades :smiley:

Can tell you it didn’t do badly in testing. Been making a couple of new Conjurers for the rogue testing following this and managed to clear it on Elite once and Normal once. Second time on Elite I died. Builds not optimised gear-wise at all, just grabbed some green stuff out of GDStash to use.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNnb9XGN

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV774LvV

1 Like

I did not notice any nerfs, but certainly possible that I missed them. If anyone catches anything, let me know and I can make changes as needed :yum:

While leveling/gearing, do I want to be on the lookout for Elemental Conversion items for pets? I found one that does 35% but I also have another item option for the same slot that adds ~40% to all damage for pets. Is one going to be better than the other generally?

You generally want to streamline your dmg into 1 type (incase of pets, for the RR). So Conversion > dmg.

Offtopic: I swear there aren’t enough shrines in normal! (maybe fissure/whirlpool/mogdrogen just cost too much)

In a5 right now just got there and my only devotions with procs are crook + elemental storm + giants blood. I want more!

On topic: why dirge over mogdrogen ardor? Slow undead dude any good? Also that God shield you posted but never put in a gt link in first post. Where can one farm that and pray to get some decent double rare lol. That shield is nuts.

Also if I’m not doing crucible and sr then sigatrevs devo path is better right? More damage more aoe should finish roguelikes and nemesis faster.

You need more than one difficulty to unlock all 55 points - or farm Crucible a lot to buy devotion points with tributes (IMHO very inefficient). Play Elite and later on Ultimate. When I level a new toon, I usually do Elite up to the beginning of Malmouth (to unlock all factions except FG ones), then Elite till Loghorrean, then Ultimate. I usually got full devotion points shortly before Homestead in Ultimate.

Well, he can help in stationary fights (e.g. boss fights). Besides that, Dirge gives you nice resist overcaps on elemental and vitality res. TBH, I’ve been playing with Mogdrogen’s Ardor for some time now and I like it better… Use what you prefer.

Don’t know Sigatrev’s devotion map exactly, but yes: You can go for a more offensive setup, if you play mainly easier content. The harder it gets (high SR, Celestials), the more important are defense and healing - for you as well as for your pets. In let’s say SR 80 IMHO you need Tree of Life and Istahk - or maybe Dryad, if you prefer that.

1 Like

Extra tank with huge single target dmg. But Mog’s Ardor or Bysmiel’s Domination can be used instead if you prefer.

I would say, if you are doing crucible, his devo is better. It will fare worse against superbosses.

Nah was just talking about skeleton dungeons and general bosses nothing celestial tier.

For those anything and everything works just as well since endgame builds should melt through them :yum:

So build has been updated. It no longer uses Dirge Pet, but now has a 23/16 Hellhound.

Callagadra killed in about 11 mins :open_mouth:, which is the fastest I have seen with a Pet build in the current patch. Another gud news is that it is once again green free :yum:

Is Hellhound better than Primal Spirit? Obviously it is since you use it like that, still it is kind of uncomprehensible for me :slight_smile:

Not better, no. But since it is permanent, doesn’t have a high mana cost and deals dmg on death like Blightfiend, it works out rather decently in the end, especially against Cally where pets die left and right.

SR 90 done: https://i.imgur.com/Ve4yGtB.jpg
No potions/consumables/shrines used except Tonic of Mending. Deaths were unavoidable, so not HC friendly.

I still refuse to use the camera trick and so trying to lure them 1 by one doesn’t really work that well on the Conclave map :frowning:

Build can and should be able to push deeper (hopefully). So, will see how deep we can go image

SR 93 done, even finished SR 90 within time limit :smirk:

Shattered Realms, 90-93: https://i.imgur.com/sjcCG5A.jpg
No Potions/Consumables/Shrines used except for Tonic of Mending.

Build should be able to push to 95 with good boss combinations, but don’t have the patience to try.

On SR 94, SR version of Sentinel alone was enough to 1-shot me and I had to give up. Had the small map and Grava, Reaper, Zantarin as the other 3 bosses, so there also wasn’t any room to kite :frowning:

Also speaking of the small map, you might need to use the camera trick where you turn the camera 180 degrees, so that the North is facing downwards. It helps with pulling bosses 1 by 1 on the Small map. On the Lava one it is not needed.

1 Like

current fluffy + that OP AF shield. How unkillable how god like

edit: why hellhound? hes bad :frowning:

TBH, that’s what I thought, too. Is the damage really worth it? Why not invest more in Mend Flesh, especially for higher shards? We got two birbs and AFAIK their healing stacks. That’s quite a lot of sustain.

Anyway, I’ll test and see how it goes… :wink:

Shield won’t work since I need the %CDR. Also the Stun & Chaos res.

Why Hellhound is a good question. The answer is that 11 min Callagadra kill. The doggo helped out there. I tried 16/16 Mend flesh and putting the points to cap Mog’s Pact instead. Neither seemed to provide enough to offset the loss of Dirge Pet.

So the choice was either Hellhound or Primal Spirit. I don’t like the mana cost and CD on PS, so picking Hound was the only choice. Tbh, I am kind of surprised that I went that route too. But I am not one to argue with results.

Speaking of which, I assume that the Doggo dealing dmg on death + Cally vaporizing pets every few seconds has something to do with it. Also, the bonuses to Doggo from the weapon should help.

On the topic of SR, I would instead recommend Wendigo Totem over investing more in Mend Flesh. Reason is that it is an AoE heal and also more reliable than Mend Flesh’s heal. You do not get to kite much in higher shards so the stationary nature of Totem should not be a problem.
If you are wondering why I didn’t invest in it, extra button to push…

Btw, give this a try: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrJ5DjZ
Should work better for SR atleast :yum:

Do you have a timer with ps instead of hound?

You’re basing this all on callagadra which yes kills your pets which yes may give you better speed but wouldnt primal spirit be so much better when facing any of the other celestials? I swear dog isnt good!

Primal Spirit still costs mana and has a CD. So I don’t really use it if I can avoid it. That means it is a nope on the timer with PS :stuck_out_tongue:

Crate kill is still at 1 mins give or take a few seconds depending upon mutators, crits and how well you micro pets as to hit Crate instead of waste time on his boxes.

Ravager and Mogdrogen fights are irrelevant to the point that they might just as well be Nemesis boss fights.

So even if PS kill them faster, not worth the hassle imo. You are better off with putting those points in Totem so that pets die less which will make life easier all around.