The Fluffy Squishy - Pet Conjurer - SR 170 version :3

TBH, that’s what I thought, too. Is the damage really worth it? Why not invest more in Mend Flesh, especially for higher shards? We got two birbs and AFAIK their healing stacks. That’s quite a lot of sustain.

Anyway, I’ll test and see how it goes… :wink:

Shield won’t work since I need the %CDR. Also the Stun & Chaos res.

Why Hellhound is a good question. The answer is that 11 min Callagadra kill. The doggo helped out there. I tried 16/16 Mend flesh and putting the points to cap Mog’s Pact instead. Neither seemed to provide enough to offset the loss of Dirge Pet.

So the choice was either Hellhound or Primal Spirit. I don’t like the mana cost and CD on PS, so picking Hound was the only choice. Tbh, I am kind of surprised that I went that route too. But I am not one to argue with results.

Speaking of which, I assume that the Doggo dealing dmg on death + Cally vaporizing pets every few seconds has something to do with it. Also, the bonuses to Doggo from the weapon should help.

On the topic of SR, I would instead recommend Wendigo Totem over investing more in Mend Flesh. Reason is that it is an AoE heal and also more reliable than Mend Flesh’s heal. You do not get to kite much in higher shards so the stationary nature of Totem should not be a problem.
If you are wondering why I didn’t invest in it, extra button to push…

Btw, give this a try: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrJ5DjZ
Should work better for SR atleast :yum:

Do you have a timer with ps instead of hound?

You’re basing this all on callagadra which yes kills your pets which yes may give you better speed but wouldnt primal spirit be so much better when facing any of the other celestials? I swear dog isnt good!

Primal Spirit still costs mana and has a CD. So I don’t really use it if I can avoid it. That means it is a nope on the timer with PS :stuck_out_tongue:

Crate kill is still at 1 mins give or take a few seconds depending upon mutators, crits and how well you micro pets as to hit Crate instead of waste time on his boxes.

Ravager and Mogdrogen fights are irrelevant to the point that they might just as well be Nemesis boss fights.

So even if PS kill them faster, not worth the hassle imo. You are better off with putting those points in Totem so that pets die less which will make life easier all around.

All throughout leveling and farming for the best gear (like you just got to ultimate and were farming Conley/hive/sot maybe) primal spirit is the clutch for destroying bosses and hero mobs as fast as possible.

I dont do or plan to do crucible or sr as I thoroughly enjoy killing campaign bosses and farming routes. (Like diablo 2 magic finding) so at what point can you say ps isnt worth using because if I wasnt using him now things would be a lot slower. I feel like until you actually have all these items in the gt link ps and beastcallers is the way to go instead because he IS so powerful and you can transmute that set but not bysmiel.

Just my thoughts. Though guides generally don’t contain temporary skill plans and item alternatives for people who are starting new/fresh.

I’m not trying to argue or anything just adding to the discussion.

Look at the second post in the thread to see how I level Conjurers :stuck_out_tongue:

No Primal Spirit from start to end. And it is more than powerful enough to farm SR 75-76 on normal for items.

Also, for a build with Primal spirit & Bysmiel’s Trinkets, try this one [1.1.4.2] Pet Conjurer - Birbs and Kitty, ez 96SR/Celestials/75-76 farmer

Don’t tell the CPPA (Cairn Pet Protection Association) about that strategy… :sunglasses: But I see why you chose the Doggo.

Did some comparison runs (SR 80-85) yesterday. Your build vs. maxed out Mend Flesh. For general use in SR, the damage bonus from the maxed out hound seems rather small, whereas the healing of maxed out Mend Flesh ist clearly noticeable. So that will be my choice for SR. Cally is probably a different story…

I agree with you, that Wendigo totem’s healing is better overall. But I’m too lazy for that extra button, too… :grinning:

Anyway - thanks for the constant updates of your builds!

1 Like

:yum:

Yeah, Totem aside, Mend Flesh would work better than a maxed Doggo for SR. But going 90+ on this was purely an accident rather than planned :stuck_out_tongue:.

I had originally set out to reduce Cally times since my Bleed Conjurer does it in 12 mins but is kind of harder to play. So I wanted to bring Fluffy Squishy to a similar kill speed. Couldn’t do it with Mend Flesh since its healing on Pets wasn’t enough to keep them alive.

:heart:

I love the changes to this build. It just hits my target preference. I like Mog’s ardor for the relic and even though primal spirit is a great skill I don’t ever use it because it’s another button. You create these builds and they fit my play style perfectly. I wiped all my characters with 1.1.5.0 to start a fresh conjurer so I could knock out the celestial achievements following your build and you’ve improved it further! Really great stuff :+1::smiley:

1 Like

I don’t know if anyone has asked this yet or if you have already answered it. But Order of Death’s Vigil or Kymon’s Chosen or It doesn’t matter?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

Doesn’t matter. For roleplay reasons I went with Death’s Vigil - but personal preference… You want to stay friendly with Barrowholm for the weapon augment. Other than that - choose what you like.

2 Likes

Hello all,

I found that you can get at least +50% damage if you play this track in the background for this build:

Be careful as you might grow an accidental beard as well…

P.S. - dress your char like in the video and enjoy bird and wolf sounds (for your raven’s and hound ^_^)

1 Like

Can confirm :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I was using the old build and upgrading to the new one yet despite triple checking, it appears I am 1 skill point short and can’t find where the extra point is missing. I stripped my guy of all his gear and still, I am one short.

Are you sure you don’t have a 27/16 Familiar with all the gear on? It won’t show up ingame, but will when you upload your char to Grimtools Calc.

Turns out I should have quadruple checked, found the missing point. Thanks!

1 Like

Ultimate SR 75-76, the highest that you can “farm”.

Thanks very much!

1 Like

Is 15/16 familiar correct for original point allocation?

No, you want to max it first while leveling. Then when you get all the necessary items, you remove points as needed to get it to 26/16