The greatest Trolling builds

Seems weird though. You’d need to find that perfect balance point between aggro, and actually letting the player die

I dunno if anyone has a strong enough mastery of aggro mechanics to do that since nobody bothers with it in a single player game aside from pet builds.

On that note, if some immortal healer had enough of my shit and ran after me with a triggered Mad Queen aura, redditers would post screenshots of my pants every week.

I was going to ask what’s so special about your pants, but I refrained for reasons.

Oh, but its sure to alarm your enemies. :wink:

1 Like

So, Support Deceiver test?

Might need an update (1.0.6.1). Pretty sure I have a budget version using shroud of illusion as well (or we could just make one).

I have no idea how reliable it would be given the long CD on heals. I’m trying to think of things which generate threat

I mean, 2x spammable AoE debuffs (3x if you count bloody pox). Heals/buffs were lower than DPS on the priority list, so I dunno how focused on that we should be. Also the build I linked took hourglass. Also usually these take touch of Purity, which provides another heal/buff.

Maybe the magnitude of the heal doesn’t matter. Maybe you could just take like 1 point in WoR :stuck_out_tongue:

Wouldn’t the secondary nodes count as a lasting buff? Might be a double whammy for aggro generation (in kind of a ‘skill within a skill’ way).

1 Like

Good morning ladies and gents!

As it happens, I have a Support Deceiver!

@PlagueMirth, @Knife

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNn6eWbN

Ok. So I got to cracking, and that’s what I came up with. I picked as many “generate additional threat” procs with “on-block triggers”

I took transmuted blade arc, capped movement speed, tried my best to stack on CC-res while trying not to forgo armor.

I also did a cunning dump to get enough OA to hit things fairly consistently to ensure you can actually “threaten” them

Last but not least, I went with markovian’s set so you can reset your mobility skills as often as possible

What do you think?

If this doesn’t do it, I think we can call the witchblade a bust.

BTW, I also went nuts on pierce res overcaps so stonethreader’s proc will remain up for as long as possible.

1 Like

I got corrected on the missing thing. Apparently debuffs (like fevered rage) and damage ticks are separate entities (first I heard of it. See comment above) So cunning dump may not be necessary as theoretically it should work even if the damage misses. Might be worth testing OA anyway though.

OA is for on-block procs. No point triggering them if they miss :rofl:

Fair enough.

Witchblade in the link tho? Sentinel would be my next choice for 2x movement, debuff + healz tho.

I dunno what you’re talking about :stuck_out_tongue:

Sneaky sneaky

Yeah my original build ran blade arc with transmuter as its primary attack and it worked great, so I agree. After all, maxing out the generate threat effects was the main purpose of this build, and its original concept (posted at the beginning) was really really good at pulling aggro. So I will have to revisit it, but I am very pleased with the tanky improvements… Ill need to spend some time playtesting to find the perfect medium.

it will also take some time for me to level up to be able to test this out. I’m also lacking like 90% of that gear. I don’t use GD stash and I don’t want to be a buzz kill but… I’m extremely hesitant to use it. For the main reason that playing this game right now, not having a lot of the hard to get end game/high tier items, is like playing a collectible card game and building my card collection. Each loot chest is like opening a pack of cards, and I don’t know what I’m going to get! I don’t want to lose that.

I think what we have going is a great goal to strive towards. I am going to keep scouring games and capturing video, and I will post whatever I get here as the character develops further.

I’d also like to invite anyone who has ideas of their own to do the same in this thread, as that was its original intention- Not just to work on my own take on trolling, but also to explore other peoples ideas and experiences doing this! I am dying to see what everyone else can come up with, and (hopefully) videos others are able to produce showcasing their own results!

For now I will keep carrying the torch, and if anyone would like to assist me in leveling up / acquiring these gear pieces, I wont turn that down- I just don’t want to give myself the power of GD stash, I know I wont be able to hold back with it. My steam name is Knife Christ, and the character is Balrog (Though I’d love to change his name to Ballrocks lol… Is there a way this can be done?). If you see me in a crucible match, give me a shout!

Was also thinking of utilizing War’s Rebuke eventually, but if that totally normal shield is a better option thats easy enough to get.