The greatest Trolling builds

I mean, 2x spammable AoE debuffs (3x if you count bloody pox). Heals/buffs were lower than DPS on the priority list, so I dunno how focused on that we should be. Also the build I linked took hourglass. Also usually these take touch of Purity, which provides another heal/buff.

Maybe the magnitude of the heal doesn’t matter. Maybe you could just take like 1 point in WoR :stuck_out_tongue:

Wouldn’t the secondary nodes count as a lasting buff? Might be a double whammy for aggro generation (in kind of a ‘skill within a skill’ way).

1 Like

Good morning ladies and gents!

As it happens, I have a Support Deceiver!

@PlagueMirth, @Knife

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNn6eWbN

Ok. So I got to cracking, and that’s what I came up with. I picked as many “generate additional threat” procs with “on-block triggers”

I took transmuted blade arc, capped movement speed, tried my best to stack on CC-res while trying not to forgo armor.

I also did a cunning dump to get enough OA to hit things fairly consistently to ensure you can actually “threaten” them

Last but not least, I went with markovian’s set so you can reset your mobility skills as often as possible

What do you think?

If this doesn’t do it, I think we can call the witchblade a bust.

BTW, I also went nuts on pierce res overcaps so stonethreader’s proc will remain up for as long as possible.

1 Like

I got corrected on the missing thing. Apparently debuffs (like fevered rage) and damage ticks are separate entities (first I heard of it. See comment above) So cunning dump may not be necessary as theoretically it should work even if the damage misses. Might be worth testing OA anyway though.

OA is for on-block procs. No point triggering them if they miss :rofl:

Fair enough.

Witchblade in the link tho? Sentinel would be my next choice for 2x movement, debuff + healz tho.

I dunno what you’re talking about :stuck_out_tongue:

Sneaky sneaky

Yeah my original build ran blade arc with transmuter as its primary attack and it worked great, so I agree. After all, maxing out the generate threat effects was the main purpose of this build, and its original concept (posted at the beginning) was really really good at pulling aggro. So I will have to revisit it, but I am very pleased with the tanky improvements… Ill need to spend some time playtesting to find the perfect medium.

it will also take some time for me to level up to be able to test this out. I’m also lacking like 90% of that gear. I don’t use GD stash and I don’t want to be a buzz kill but… I’m extremely hesitant to use it. For the main reason that playing this game right now, not having a lot of the hard to get end game/high tier items, is like playing a collectible card game and building my card collection. Each loot chest is like opening a pack of cards, and I don’t know what I’m going to get! I don’t want to lose that.

I think what we have going is a great goal to strive towards. I am going to keep scouring games and capturing video, and I will post whatever I get here as the character develops further.

I’d also like to invite anyone who has ideas of their own to do the same in this thread, as that was its original intention- Not just to work on my own take on trolling, but also to explore other peoples ideas and experiences doing this! I am dying to see what everyone else can come up with, and (hopefully) videos others are able to produce showcasing their own results!

For now I will keep carrying the torch, and if anyone would like to assist me in leveling up / acquiring these gear pieces, I wont turn that down- I just don’t want to give myself the power of GD stash, I know I wont be able to hold back with it. My steam name is Knife Christ, and the character is Balrog (Though I’d love to change his name to Ballrocks lol… Is there a way this can be done?). If you see me in a crucible match, give me a shout!

Was also thinking of utilizing War’s Rebuke eventually, but if that totally normal shield is a better option thats easy enough to get.

Hey man. Play the game however you want! :slight_smile:

@Knife Yep. I can relate to the reluctance. I’m still a bit of a diehard legit farmer (I love the grind, I really do), and use GDstash to test stuff on my GoG copy. We’ll get off our lazy asses and contribute to the experiment log too.

@sir_spanksalot looks like we gotta do some GDS testing legwork ourselves with this threat stuff.

Edit: I updated my Support Deceiver concept that I’ve been sitting on for a while, and shamelessly plagarized some neato gimmicks (DEE + Ulo, Sacred Texts of Menhir) from the8anarchist’s build. The only thing mine really brings to the table over that one is dropping ultimate rank seals everywhere on a short cooldown + damage reduction on bloody pox/fevered rage.

Now, I’m sure your’re thinking “PlagueMirth, we want to TROLL them, not HELP them with reduced damage debuffs!” Well, this is true. However, when using this character you get the added bonus of yelling “ALRIGHT. GLOVES ARE OFF BITCH” in the chat when you take off your Dark One’s gloves to terrorize some poor freeloading troll.

1 Like

Man I LOVE that guy for coming up with that build. Opened so many doors for my own experiences in this game!

@the8anarchist, your legend lives on!

Yep. Unfortunately, it kinda caught a nerf when Pestilence of Dreeg lost that ridiculous RR skill. I do hope Mr. Anarchist does an update, especially since I managed to make a devotion setup with every type of RR :wink:

Anyhow, @Knife, how do you feel about using a pre-made character save for scientific purposes? I’ll PM you the save file for Dr Deception if you want it.

Plague of Shattered Souls still very much exists as shown in this screenshot on 1.1.4, and is still very much the best ammy you could roll for support deceiver

2 Likes

Whoa, it’s still there? Guess I gotta swap my ammy and move the bird summon to the other skillbar.

Edit: I’m positive I looked at this in GT and the skill wasn’t there

Edit2: I’m blind. It’s an affix. Lmao

got dayum I need that thing