The MISSING builds compendium

Wait to see what changes Zantai makes in v1.2. :smile:

From the FF dev stream the other day:

“I didn’t say no Grim Dawn 2, I just said no Grim Dawn 2 right now. However, if you’re here from our Grim Dawn community in the future later this year I’m going to have some wonderful goodies for you to explore. So stay tuned, we’ll probably do a live stream for Grim Dawn in a few weeks or months where I’m going to talk a little bit about what’s coming up. And I promise you, you guys will love it.”

5 Likes

Glad to be able to participate in making this thread complete, can see various efforts from players making weird and smart build that turns out can work out of the game :tada:

P.s. thread will never finish if we include all pet damage type :eyes:

3 Likes

How about all retal damage types? :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Pierce Pet Build Fwuff Scorv

3 Likes

I don’t know!

I thought about “builds for each skill as main skill” but that would be either over really quickly… or impossible to do, depending on how you put the parameters. (I’ve never really seen a build using Inquisitor seal as the main attack, for example)

Also thought about “A pet build for every class”… but I’m sure @Maya and @Skelemental have already done that between them.

“AA for every damage type” is also probably already done.

“Single mastery builds” have been done as well…

One facet of this game that hasn’t been explored that much (Perhaps because it’s underwhelming) that I like is DoT damage, and how to build around it and optimize it fully. But there isn’t enough material there for a collaborative thread like this one, I’m afraid.

“Faction gear only build for every class” sounds like a nice challenge too, but would also be over very quickly. (Though that might be the best one of the lot so far)

“Use every set not for it’s main damage type or class” (Like Bleed Korba, or my Blood Knight Dervish)

I’m stumped. I wish I had an idea for one such cool group project, but right now I got nothing.

4 Likes

I made an aether / pierce pet attempt (two of the worst pet damage types) a while ago. Of all the toons created in Grim Dawn, this is one of them. :slight_smile: With a better offhand, it might not be too bad. /shrug

2 Likes

Obsolete full theorycraft experience attempt. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I so badly wish Silverbolt had pierce damage on the Aura part image

imagine if it was like dis -

4 Likes

Suggestion: Every dual class combo with DW ranged AND 2H ranged.

Tried to make some builds of those on my own and the results were not that good. It is fair to say I play this game approx 2,5 years.

3 Likes

I dunno if it’s done already, however, an idea came to my mind - complete every conduit type… vit grenado, fire ABB, chaos shadow strike…

Some of them are already done for sure but I doubt all of them, so could be interesting. :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

It would be sorta short, but it’s a very good idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

I went through this thread, and noted the builds done here using conduits.

soldier - aether cadence
soldier - bleed war cry
arcanist - slow aether ray
arcanist - vit panetti
shaman - pierce swarm
shaman - chaos savagery
shaman - aether totems
occultist - pierce pox
occultist - aether sigils
necro - lightning BH
demo - acid fire strike
demo - acid canister bomb
nightblade - fire/chaos/aether veil
nightblade - lightning blade burst
oathkeeper - aether/chaos guardian

There were at least 2 where the conduit apparently didn’t play a major damage role, so if there were rules about that, the list might need to be double-checked. I didn’t count theory-crafts. I also didn’t count the vit fire strike character of mine where I completed it, then afterwards remembered that I had a conduit for that. I also didn’t check to see if any of the conduits had been totally rearranged into something else entirely, as sometimes happens.

Complete on the list: 2 each for soldier, arcanist, occultist, demo, nightblade; 3 for shaman; 1 each for necro and oathkeeper. Total complete: 15. Total conduits: 9*11 = 99.

That just takes into account which ones were completed in this thread, but it looks like there’s plenty of room for more builds.

2 Likes

Just a thought since some people only have the base game. Maybe go through the old base game compendium and update the builds there for base game now. Would need you to disable the expansions of course, but might be something to consider doing.

1 Like

Carnival’s Basegame Budget Pet Conjurer was updated to 1.1.9.8 - Conjurer, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

I will edit this post later with an endgame version as well. Would need someone else to test it though.

Edit - Conjurer, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator Endgame setup for Basegame only.

(If I added an item/devotion etc not available in basegame by accident, please let me know and I will fix it)

I also have no idea how many attribute points there are in base game, but I assume I got the skill points correctly atleast.

Also, is dis all the devotions in the base game -

Got it from wiki, but not sure if it is correct.

1 Like

Reload the op! 45 is the magic number

2 Likes

When inevitably the new thread is set up post 10th mastery (!), please can we not count Elemental is ticking all three element boxes. It would be nice to see builds for each element, as they certainly don’t use the same gear as Elemental builds and can have entirely different skill use and constraints.

2 Likes

Post what now ?
Did I miss something ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Grimdawn/comments/15z413t/its_simple_math/

It’s still an assumption, but hopefully we’ll get some solid news from the devstream on the 29th.

Though I am very sad that the livestream is at 3am my time :frowning:

It will be put on Crate’s youtube channel after the broadcast so you can view it there to your heart’s content.

1 Like

Imagine not waking up in the middle of the night for this. While you sleep I may be already doing some initial theorycrafting :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes