The MISSING builds compendium

In this meme corner, all meme builds are welcome.

Even “duplicate” :slight_smile:

Especially since it’s so different from @DaveArmada’s

2 Likes

Yours looks heaps better, my attempt is super-wonky. I’ve never made a Blademaster, or Cadence build before :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Untested Theorycraft to complete physical

Could also be done with Beronath reforged and just straight Firestrike + WPS

1 Like

my untested Phys Sabo - Saboteur, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator (used gear for elemental to phys and the weapons with % damage to Fire Strike)

and for two other last require to finish a class theorycrafts:
Pierce Witchblade - Witchblade, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
Chaos Trickster - Trickster, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

and as no longer needed:
Phys Elementalist - Elementalist, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator and
Vitality Blademaster - Blademaster, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

4 Likes

Nice!

That Chaos Trickster looks particularly promising :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pierce/Bleed Witchblade

This was a hybrid of a bloody pox caster and a cadence gunslinger. Cadence did good single target damage, and bloody pox handled the AOE.

I previously had a different devotion map, but switched it up when sustain started to be a problem. Wendigo procs from bloody pox make for good sustain. Wendigo/Scales of Ulcama/Kilrian’s Shattered Soul have procs that deal vitality damage, which is partially converted to pierce by the conduit and the shoulders.

Based on the performance of this build, I strongly suspect that a Pierce/Bleed build is doable with any Soldier using Cadence; or any Occultist using Bloody Pox with the pierce conduit, either as a hybrid with something else for single target or as a pure Bloody Pox build. Also, Occultist can do bleed builds without needing the conduit.

Warlock, Cabalist, and Pyromancer would be completed with a Pierce/Bleed build. Pyromancer only needs Bleed, so doesn’t need the conduit.

In the early stages of leveling, I used a pair of Sluggers, and they worked well. You could plague a guy and then shoot him to knock him back and infect others.

3 Likes

Contributing a Chaos Elementalist - Started with the Chaos Savagery Conduit and Obsidian Juggernaut - I couldn’t get AS high enough for Savagery, so just went for Obsidian Tremor spam. GT: Chaos Obsidian Elementalist

Recklessly facetanked Korvaak, he procced all circuit breakers in the scary final phase, though the fight was over super-quick.

SR65-66 was fine, encountered Grava, Fabius, Iron Maiden - build is not super tanky so there were a few hairy moments, but we got through ok without dying.

3 Likes

So - if you accept the build, bleeding is done. Craftable gear are double rare, MI are single rare - all gdstashed and best of 15/20 used, but classless bleeding kill of Korvaak was possible (only needed around 40 minutes - 3 deaths - interestingly, non in the last phase - either I started to know the character, or it is a bit easier).

First tried it with a more damage orientated version, but the last phase was - Korvaak looks at you and you are death, the new successful build went the health regen route - bleeding looked promising as you can kite while waiting for the next strike to do.

build: Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator (first non successful version: Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator)

3 Likes

2 build at once to complete Purifier. Want to hear a joke? Fire Strike, Acid Fire Strike:

It’s very hard to find items that support acid for either Demo or Inquis. At first, I’m using Radaggan, but the conversion is split to vitality too, which further reduces the damage, and using that set + acid conduit defeats the purpose of using Radaggan set on this build as we need the AoC mods.

So I drop the whole Radaggan thing and pick other items, it turns out Daega set gives much that the builds lack from fire conversion, damage, and physical resistance. I choose Alek pants for more skill points, while the guns are the best of the only two options for acid AA Inquisitor, both are GD stashed without shame because green damage requires green affix.

In the end, the build lacks single target damage and is on the squishy side. The highest SR tried (with death) is 75 against Reaper, Fabius, Valdaran, and Big Benn. Previous attempt facing Kaisan and Grava results in the game crashing.

The second build is Bleed Fire Strike:

With a small change from my old Tactician, with Goredrinker + Bloodborer + Oathbearer it’s pretty straightforward to make a bleed build. The build is more reasonable to make since it uses no green.

Single target damage is really bad, and campaign Korvaak DPS is low. I haven’t tried SR 70 yet with this character, and due to the bad single target damage, I don’t want to go straight to SR 80 using death waystone, so SR 66 is the highest shard tried.

AoE damage spread is huge with those jaxxon and storm spread, and the build can complete SR 65-66 deathless and within the timer, no nemesis (including Reaper, Kaisan, and Fabius) or bosses encountered so far is a problem, but it hasn’t yet met IM, Kuba, and Zantarin, so it’s pretty good SR farming build. Build is almost feels like it have permanent Ghoul proc.

*no screenshot at the SR boss room, so enjoy the loot room

5 Likes

I would say your bleed Purifier looks rather nice (and is a much more sensible build than my classless guy) - how do you think the added bleed DoT compares to a more pure pierce orientated build?

1 Like

For a pierce oriented I would swap the mastery to Tactician and probably would prefer dual Oathbearer or Silverbolt or even Eye and try maxing all cadence line with Gutworm medal like this Tactician or go straight using Valdun set. It will have a higher single damage in return for the benefit of fire and forget from DW Storm Spread and Jaxxon ring.

1 Like

I mean… I can’t really NOT accept it, but at the same time it kinda defeats the purpose of this thread.

The object is to see the best (damage type (class) people can pull off.

I think that classless build is darn impressive, but I don’t want to shortcut this collection of meme builds by checking every leftover bleed build combo because of it, and robbing ourselves the pleasure of thinking up goofy builds.

A different thread for classless damage type builds would be VERY interesting though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Acid Purifier: :white_check_mark:
Bleed Purifier: :white_check_mark:

Purifier is complete! :star:

Another completed Inquisitor class

Only Mage Hunter and Tactician left and we’ll have our first completed Mastery!

1 Like

So acid/fire hybrid would be acid fire fire strike ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, in fact normal fire strike shall be known as Fire Fire Strike :thinking:

2 Likes

I think you missed a couple of builds in the flurry of posts. I posted a pierce/bleed witchblade (bleed is already checked off), and someone else posted a chaos elementalist.

BTW, the elementalist class is getting pretty close to complete, especially considering it was in last place with 4 damage types not that long ago.

1 Like

True, thanks for the heads up.

Pierce Witchblade: :white_check_mark:
Chaos Elementalist: :white_check_mark:

Witchblade is now complete!

And played the Chaos Trickster (minor change to the theorycraft above - used a Voidspire / Fang of Ch’ton combo instead of two Fangs). - Trickster, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator - Build utilizes the rather strong resist reduction via Conduit and Ember’s Calling, and the auto attacked from the Shaman mastery. Has interestingly rather high OA / DA for a chaos dual wield build - would likely also allow using Stormcaller’s Pact (crit damage, more stun resists - which would open up gear slots for the augments) instead of Primal Bond (which I used it here fore the damage absorption)

Korvaak was rather easy (and quick)

Shattered Realm 65/66 is possible playing rather aggressively (within timer - while having a death in SR65), likely even a bit more is possible, but some heavy hitters already take ~50% of the health with one hit from the character

5 Likes

Chaos Trickster: :white_check_mark:

Trickster is complete!

1 Like

And tested the Physical Saboteur - was honeslty weaker (more squishy) than expected. The idea behind the build was to use Kilrian’s Skullbreaker for the damage bonus, and Blackwater Cocktail as poor mens War Cry - Nightblade is there for the DW WPS and the cunning bonus.

The damage itself is not bad (170k sheet damage), the armor and physical resistance are above average, however, some resistance are only barely overcapped.

Korvaak was rather easy

However, SR 65/66 performance is underwhelming. Made two 65/66 runs - in both cases, finishing was not the issue - but not dying at least once and finishing within time was not possible. A third rund was stopped after the boss room of 65 after dying to Grava (my fault, too aggressive, but well) - likely a deathless run with a more careful approach and a bit mutator and enemy luck is possible, but not guaranteed with the build

1 Like