The MISSING builds compendium

Oh, wow. I missed the mutator entirely. I looked at the callidor’s tempest skill, and thought the base damage was just way too low, and I didn’t even see the mutator.

I looked at items for it, and Mythical Soulblade adds 22% weapon damage as a 1H weapon and Scion of the Screaming Veil adds 35% and +4 to the skill. Kyzogg’s Skull adds 50% crit damage. Two Soulblades + mutator gives (40+30+44)*2.7 = 307% weapon damage, without any +skills.

It sounds like it would work.

I think you missed the part about using Bleeding weapons :slight_smile:
Do you think you can get enough flat Bleeding elsewhere so that weapon damage mods are worth it?
Probably not because you also lose %Bleeding.

I did a bunch of math just now with the flat bleed damage numbers, and it’s slightly in favor of dual Soulblades over Gutripper, so taking %bleed into account I’d guess it’s approximately a wash, with soulblades doing better while Mogdrogen’s Howl is active, and gutripper doing slightly better otherwise.

But then I had an idea when I was messing around with grimtools for the numbers. I looked up Mythical Korvaak’s Brand, and found it had 15% weapon damage to Fire Strike. So I looked up other things with weapon damage to Fire Strike. Kilrian’s Skullbreaker has 18%.

Korvaak’s Brand procs 20% of the time with 120% weapon damage, and Seal of the Void procs 16% of the time with 140% weapon damage. Fire Strike starts with 122%.

So if we had dual Bloodborers we’d get 137% on normal hits and 164% or 191% on procs, and with dual Skullbreakers, we’d get 173% on normal hits and 208% or 242% on procs.

Probably it would be best for these two setups to have Bloody Whetstone on one weapon and Seal of the Void on the other.

And these aren’t on cooldown, while callidor’s tempest is.

2 Likes

I’m missing tri-elemental builds. Painful omission from this list. I’m having a lot of fun with my tri-elemental melee DW sorc with full wps firestrike.
No idea how it’ll do once its lvl94+ so but so far (lvl74) it’s fun. This is my theorised endpoint. Goal was to get a full wps build from items alone with tri-elements: Sorcerer, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
Surely there are more tri-elemental builds?

Did you take into account added flat bleed from augments (Ateph’s command and Sandclaw Fang), components and other gear ?
Because any additional flat bleed would push Soulblade over gutripper even more. :slight_smile:

The problem with that is it’s a big investment in points for non-stacking damage: Any bleed coming from weapon damage (so, Callidor’s tempest) would not stack but only take the highest value. So in this case, if you hit something with CT, any subsequent fire strike hit would do nothing since the bleed from CT is bigger. It would be useful for leeching between CT hits and to clean mobs, but ultimately it’s probably not worth it IMO.

A better investment would be in multiple different attacks that have flat bleed damage of their own, maybe coupled with decent weapon damage, even if it’s on cooldown. Glyph of the ravenous wendigo, Lacerator girdle and Seal of blades are good example. Also, any attack that hits often or a lot of targets and is a good devotion procc’er is potentially useful for “on attack” procs, like falcon swoop, living shadows and Azrakaa’s epoch. My first thought would be BWC, which can stack on itself and also provide flat -RR and DR.

Another option in that same vein would be the Blood knight set. Even if we’re not benefiting from the soldier and Necro bonuses, the 4 pseudo-pets all deal (stacking) bleeding damage and the big one has a bleed damage and bleed -RR aura. (that also stacks with his attack)

1 Like

I did take into account gear and augments.

The total for gear (rings, amulet, shoulders, gloves, medal, belt, relic, chest, and hat) was 424 for all low rolls and 638 for high rolls. Gutripper was 408 to 612. Devotions was 201, not counting the axe devotion (60) or the Mogdrogen proc (174).

I had a separate category for augments (42 * 3 for amulets and rings, 1 * 66 for 2H, 2 * 30 for 1H), components (30 per weapon), and 60 for the axe devotion, if present (which it isn’t for either Gutripper or Soulblades).

All of these numbers are base bleed damage over 3 seconds.

I was trying to take into account absolutely everything I could, but only from a base flat damage perspective, and only for %weapon damage for Callidor’s Tempest, ignoring things like increased bleed duration, %bleed damage, procs, minions, crit damage, and other such things that would matter to a real build.

It would not be a massive investment to take Fire Strike. Normally Fire Strike involves Explosive Strike, Brimstone, and maybe Static Strike, which is a lot of points. But those give you very little for a pure bleed build. With Seal of the Void, you get a much stronger AOE than Explosive Strike gives you. So you’re looking at Fire Strike, the base skill only, plus 3 points in modifiers if you’re using a 2H or melee 1H weapons.

With a Sorceress build, getting Callidor’s Tempest is 17 points, and Fire Strike is 12 without the mutator and 15 with.

If you want something else to clean up smaller monsters that’s as spammable an attack, you’re looking at giving up a relic slot for Troll’s Rage, and I think that’s going to be worse on basically every level.

With Fire Strike and Seal of the Void, you also get 2 attacks to proc things with, and you’ll want at least 4 of the devotion procs. I don’t think 12-15 skill points is too much for what that does.

The primary cost of the Fire Strike idea isn’t skill points or the medal slot, it’s the component slot. I don’t think you can justify giving up the possibility of a decapitate from a Bloody Whetstone. Two would be better, even for single target, because it’s more chances to crit, but you don’t need two, so I think the second weapon slot could go to Seal of Blades or Seal of the Void.

1 Like

there are always movement runes with up to 400% weapon damage, which can be used to apply high weapon bleed damage - e.g. Stormtitan’s Charge here (Sorcerer, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator) should provide 50k - 80k bleed damage per second (Fire Strike is there only for the sustain - only sketched a bit, so nothing serious finished)

And using the Blood Knight set for a bleed Warlock (Warlock, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator), also around 80k bleed damage per second could be possible if all procs and skills are used against one enemy

1 Like

Contributing another missing build: Lightning Fire Strike Defiler, using the Barrelsmith’s Destroyers set and Lightning Bone Harvest Conduit. Chains of Brandis belt and Conduit provide 76% vit to lightning conversion, and 100% fire to lightning is achievable with well rolled Barrelsmith’s (I was only able to get 98% with what i had :confused:) - they also give flat RR to Canister Bomb, which is taken as a one-pointer.

Visited Morgoneth with his beastly Lightning Resistance - fight was much easier than anticipated!

SR65-66, deathless.

3 Likes

Saw the post on my phone, but totally forgot to go back and add it to the OP

Well done!

Lightning Defiler: :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Thanks! The build totally exceeded my expectations and is actually fun to play - even in SR which I don’t enjoy at all :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I would guess, Pierce Templar can be considered as done: Templar, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator (similar builds should work for all pierce builds with arcanist mastery)

This time also tested/played in game, Korvaak was rather easy

Shattered Realm 65/65 possible (without death - only one close call, but out of time - avoiding to be nulled by Grava costed the seconds to finish in time)

Disclaimer: build is gdstashed, however, each piece of gear was only created once - and this one was used. Sole exception is the belt, here it was best of two.

2 Likes

Contributing Aether Sigils+Doombolt Witchblade, using the Aether SoC Conduit and Clairvoyant set. Codex of Lies and Clairvoyant set give a total 28% Aether RR to CoF. Build is durable though damage is on the low side.
Korvaak was easy, played recklessly and didn’t kite:

Ran SR65-66 twice, build is slow and got the Aether resistant mutator both times! Ran the timer out first run due to Arcane, Elite Mobs and Healer packs. Killed Kaisanx2, Grava, Aleksander, no probs:

2 Likes

Pierce Templar: :white_check_mark:
Aether Witchblade: :white_check_mark:

Templar is now complete!
And Witchblade is only one build away from completion

Pierce is hard, man :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Minimum effort to get another class finished, only killed Korvaak. First tried this build as classless character, but the third phase of Korvaak was impossible. So made it a Conjurer - Conjurer, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.6) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator - then the third phase was a non issue. (did not tried SR 50 with the build, the classless version was also too weak)

Disclaimer: gdstashed - and as a classless build was the first idea, this time, the best gear out of 15/20 was used

4 Likes

Not at all what I expected :slight_smile:

I thought for sure Pierce conjurer would be done using Rancor, Inaskor’s head or the bloody pox conduit.

Well done!

Pierce Conjurer: :white_check_mark:

Conjurer is now complete!

2 Likes

I am only sad that my classless idea of the build was a bit too weak for the third phase - one build to rule all classes

1 Like

I haven’t contributed in a long time. My turn:

Physical Elementalist: :white_check_mark:

20220903205857_1
20220903205903_1
(Stats are with savagery stacks, but no proc active)

Kinda weird that this one was not done, as both classes support this damage type (No RR though…)

Focused on Health regen for sustain. Ended up with about 4k health regen/second, not counting when gian’s blood or tree of life are active.
At first I thought I wouldn’t have enough AOE, but Ulzuin’s wrath and Feral hunger do a fine job of clearing mobs.
The build is completely cruise-control: You have literally 2 active skills: Savagery and the movement rune. Run up to stuff, facetank until dead.

Ran SR 65 for a test run, facetanked Fabius, Iron Maiden and a few more, health never dipped below 2/3rd (which makes me reconsider the points I spent in blast shield and my prismatic diamond…)
It’s a bit slow, but unkillable. I’m sure it could go much further down in SR if I managed to increase OA a bit to proc assassin’s mark more reliably.

With that done, we only need a physical Saboteur to check Physical off the board completely. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks tanky. I have an Aether Elementalist sketched in GT, I’ll try and get it done when I have time. Meanwhile, perhaps Blademaster as a class can be declared complete? I present a Ranged Vitality Cadence Blademaster, using the Armour of Eternal Night set and dual Morguul’s Mortality handguns. Vitality RR comes from Signet of the Fallen, weapon procs and Morgo set modifier to Night’s Chill. Korvaak was easy as:

I haven’t tried SR, AOE is noticeably lacking and I know it’s going to feel grindy :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Blademaster: :white_check_mark:

It seems I do not have to test this theory-crafted Vitality Blademaster :laughing:

Or do I? :thinking:

3 Likes