The State of Early Access - Update #01

Thank y’all for creating such an amazing game and continuing your effort! These development changes are going to be great! I look forward to the resource production limits!!!

@SigepMan And? Not every game like this needs religious BS. The game is fine without it.
Just because its medieval setting doesn’t mean it has to have religious undertones and system in it. There are thousands of games with it in there. Not every game needs the junk. And no I won’t find another game because I love medieval genre minus the religious bs forced down throats

2 Likes

And we definitely need an expedition team to bring our goods to other villages to trade, by wagon or by sailboat.

1 Like

Fair - you could simply just not build those lines of production, buildings, etc. I, for example, play on the most simplest settings without enemies – I am just not in to that aspect (yet). So I don’t build armories and ramparts and towers, and gates, etc. Seems you could do the same, but others could leverage that aspect at their choice. Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean others won’t, so kindly don’t marginalize others’ comments because your don’t agree. I was merely pointing out the historical narratives for consideration. You do you! All the same, enjoy your play and have fun!

2 Likes

*BOATS!!! Harbors, AI trade with other towns! Oh, the possibilities!!!

Don’t forget bridges and the ability to flatten land at a waters’ edge!

(@Zantai ?)

2 Likes
1 Like

Haven’t played yet this weekend! Came back to the forum to find this post and pick up where i left my save. I’m very excited for all upcoming updates! The ideas and feedback forum has alot of good stuff in it and so does this post. Is anyone gleaning the fruit?

Great thread, love peoples response to have levels of realism. Having these options available should not take anything away from the game as long as they are options. Always more options!

+1 for new game option checkbox, deep mines!
+1 for having additional options through tiered game mechanics to extend harvesting processes and workflows through game mechanics.
+1 for response to feedback

I do plan to buy every DLC title and I do hope this is an early one!

1 Like

It is recommended to increase, and the influence area of the building’s yearning degree is displayed (for example: the treatment house can be seen, but can not be seen after upgrading the hospital?

is there a way to have multiple games at the same time? if not, it would be a great idea to put it in the actual game so, when you feel you did something wrong and want to start again, or when you want to test different things you dont have to lose all progress by rewriting games hehe

I’m sorry? Have you maybe missed the manual save function? So long as the different saves have unique names you can have as many as you like?

1 Like

^This.

And honestly, I disable autosave and simply manually save from time to time. I name my saves like this: TownName_001 …and base the number on whatever year the current save is in and delete older saves as I go if I feel I no longer need it.

Question as I didn’t see it mentioned in the post/comments, are the bugfixes applied going to be backwards compatible with a 0.7.4 save? Really wanna get that 2000 villager goal of mine but without barns working properly it’s not gonna happen.

They will always note if any changes will break existing saves in the patchnotes. Considering that they have significant changes still to make I would warn you to be prepared for the possibilty during early access.

1 Like

Crate is amazing. I first discovered them with GRIM DAWN. Bought every expansion and even the support the devs pack or whatever it was.

One thing is for certain with this game (which I am about to buy and have not yet tested) They WILL pour their heart and soul into it and CONSTANTLY bring updates that are free, or VERY VERY VERY affordable.

We all want Grim dawn 2, and we arent even sure we will ever get it, but in the meantime, I am going to give this a try because of the devs!

This company is what blizzard was, and got away from.

4 Likes

didnt know haha, thanks

One suggestion, would you consider adding a mini-map? The large size map is really LARGE so it costs some time to move around in the late game. We also need a whole view of the map to defend efficiently. Adding the different types of views to the mini-map for a sketch, like fertility and mine, would also be very helpful.

2 Likes

Survival game and unlimited resources is bad combo.
Kill the longplay fun.

You need to think well every move for avoid wasting stone or wood.

This is beautiful game, but you dont need to make everyting easy to be enjoyable,

6 Likes

Thank you Crate! The suggestions shows you are listening to the players which is excellent. The only bad thing about this game is that you have stopped me playing Grim Dawn as this game is so much fun!