The State of Early Access - Update #01

small village of logging and mining :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

we need drag and drop tool when plant the trees.

it’s too hard…one of each

1 Like

Loving all the incoming fixes and additions, and the dev/community interaction
What I would also like to see is -

an addition to the Manage Walls Button, which is “prioritise” as when you really need to get those walls up quick, you have to prioritise each block…

CTRL + Number for camera locations to more easily zoom around the map.

A “Next Building” button for each building type. Click on a work camp, manage your work circle then click the “Next Building” button to zoom to your next work camp and so on. Works also for compost buildings, mines (to easier check amount left to mine and workers), guard towers and barracks…

Sure there are other things, ill probably think of them when I boot the game up in 5…4…3…2…1…

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

See the section in the opening post re forestry.

I love it all, this is the way you support the players <3

About religion, I don’t know if the game is trying to be historically correct or with a little more of fantasy, but to me I would love to be able to choose between religions, or maybe to have more than one active religion because you have some villagers from out there? The religions “fights” have been always a thing

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

High hopes for fixes and additions

Also embalmer to bury people no religion needed just a building to house them and do a quick goodbye before they are put in the graveyard or mausoleum

Anyway keep up the good work devs&community managers :wink:

Please no to any kind of current religion if you have to implement it, they are all a cancer on the planet. Base them off of gods from Grim Dawn would be my solution.
I wouldn’t want a separate spiritual mechanic we’d have to fulfil though, maybe have it contribute to entertainment. Or just nothing at all and have it as a neutral decoration so people have a free choice if they want them, not a requirement.

1 Like

Can’t believe this’s a 0.0.1 update! So many fixes and new features!

Well, as Zantai said not all of this will be in v0.7.5. Some yes, but most will be happening further along in the early access process.

Hahaha, my fault. That’s fine. Work hard guys. :grin:

I personally like the no church’s and other building like this. If you do have to It would be nice to make it the gamer’s choice.

Oh they do, believe me. We sort of joke about them being “lazy devs” because we know that the opposite’s the truth. They put in a lot of extra hours, not because they have to, but because they want to.

3 Likes

How many people are involved in the actual development, can you announce the number of developers?

6 was said on a dev stream a little while ago, but Crate being a small company they tend to move people around as needed so I’d guess it was mainly those 6, but others might also have contributed in some way from time to time as needed.

About sustainable forestry. Maybe, it can be done just like in Banished. To have 2 guys, for example, go around the designated area and plant new trees, and two guys chop them down. So there would be no need to relocate the working camp

1 Like

I hope some optimization on travel time for workers and better transfer system

4 Likes

Excellent list of improvements, really excited for an Early Access journey for the first time in a long time. Keep up the great work!

you could … the compost yard :slight_smile:

Six guys only?? Ok, let us pay for that first update, to give them the boost :smiley: