The State of Early Access - Update #01

Again though, how is that different to selling pottery to Atka on T2, buying her heavy tools and then selling her more pottery? Or selling Anders candles and buying out all his cows to then sell more candles? You can easily get 10k on T2 so why is it surprising to get it on T3? I’m not trying to be a dick, I’m just confused.

The one buying the gold ore has a large wallet, the biggest difference is that pottery and candles are final products (they even spoil in some weird way,) while gold ore is a raw material that doesn’t spoil. With one person you can supply it. (With candles it’s also possible, but you’re population want them and more people are needed, this also counts for pottery.) Another issue is that the raw materials needed for those final products are also needed elsewhere. And in the hard mode their is no clay available on the map. Gold ore can only being made in gold coins, so it doesn’t endanger any major production chain and put yourself in a shortage.

I know it sounds confusing, but their is a major difference in profit by selling gold ore or with final products.

Just thank you for your work.
I can’t wait !

yeah I can see that being a problem but they could end up saying only a maximum of 2 mines within a certain area, that would stop you from just spamming them and kinda makes sense coz you wouldn’t have 20 mines back then in the same place it would just be to dangerous.

1 Like

Indeed we will see what they do with the update, I hope their will be some new decorations.

Loving it so far. Appx 50 hours in and seem to have reached the limit of what’s available.
I like that some major issues are going to be addressed with this update and that gaps (i.e.bridges and transportation boats) will be filled later with DLCs.

Meeting spiritual needs of pioneers is an important aspect IMHO - it can serve to bolster/moderate mood, beautify the city, and provide lifeline services for the sick and needy.

Very much looking forward to trader notifications. That’s been a huge time suck!

I’ve personally been experiencing issues with pop-up screens, for instance the Trade Post always pops up off-screen and must be moved, but when I try to move the window it usually breaks the operation and the window will close.

The following is a quick list that I’ve been putting together; not really going to edit it to reflect what’s already being addressed, because it shows the team is already on the right path!

NEEDS: mini map/ map screen to see lay of land at a glance, stone quarries, replanting of trees, more housing options (density), more frequent traders and/or trader class to send them out, ability to trade cows at the TP so that the only herd thinning option isn’t to slaughter, dedicated processors for butchered cattle (can’t only be smokehouse, right?), more livestock species, varied entertainment buildings, employment should be tied to wage earnings for stratified economy and to pressure player to continue to build jobs rather than horde laborers, bridges and passenger boats.

You are doing it wrong. Look at your production and set ratio appropriately. Usually a ratio of 5:1 meat:fish works well.

Their is no meat production (cows can’t be slaughtered, fish is stuck at the shore (area can’t be accessed) and the lodge can’t find the deer in front of their nose.)

The 60% spoil rate mainly from the farms.

I have just bought the game to continue to help support the development as I truly love the direction the game is heading. I must say I really appreciate how informative you guys are being with the updates and the up-and-coming changes, a lot better than some other Early Access games I’ve sunk my money and time into.

The one thing I have noticed in all the YouTube video’s I’ve watched of people playing your game is, the homes cannot be rotated in an 8x direction, only a 4x direction (if you get what I mean). It would really mean a lot to my OCD/designer brain if that could be implemented. But if not, I get it and still love the game~

Thank you so much for all you’ve done, the graphics are unbelievably gorgeous and the ingenuity behind everything is unbelievable!

1 Like

I would have to agree with a few others who commented to not just put in endless resources. If you’re going to have a special game mode or map(s) for that, that’s fine, but please not in regular game modes. I don’t want a game that’s ridiculously easy.

Churches. I think the reason most people want them is because churches and religion (any type) was common back in this time period. Having churches adds to game immersion. I understand why game developers shy away from this these days. Heaven forbid we offend someone by adding something of religion or the game not reflecting every religion known to man. Everyone is a snowflake this day and age. But I also like to see churches added and would love to see a valuable game mechanic to go with them. Two would be to add desirability and happiness to the land area around them. Also, make it when someone dies, a priest has to go out and collect the dead body and bring it to the graveyard.

Something I’d like to see changed is, enough with all the running around. People should be walking. The only time people should run is if being chased by animals and raiders or when putting out a fire. Otherwise, they should be walking. If goods need to be transferred around faster, that’s what horse drawn carts should be for, so make them go a little faster.

Another thing I’d like to see adjusted, slow the seasons down a little bit. Add another 20 seconds to each movement/position of the season meter. You can’t just slow the game speed down to .05% because all that does is just put the entire game in slow motion. Adjusting game speed should change the duration of the seasons/year, instead it just speeds the entire game up or down. If that’s how it’s intended to work, then have in the games Settings a slider to determine how long seasons/year should last. Example: if it currently takes 15 real life minutes for a year to pass at normal game speed, let me have the ability to change it so it it’s 25 real minutes at regular game speed for a game year to pass. This gives more time to gather resources, build buildings, ready fields, etc before winter comes.

Thanks, keep up the great work, it’s an amazing game this far.

1 Like

Game troubleshooting requirements

1. Over time, the upgrade of roads using stone has been permanently stopped.

2. Raw material → processing → use, not keeping up with demand
    Glassware is always in short supply.

3. Late repair of buildings.
    Material requirements for repair are too high.

4. Food shortage. Agriculture is essential.
    Hunting and gathering are insufficient to meet demand.
    It feels like more loss than planting tiles with fruit trees.

5. Livestock problem of livestock raised on farms Even if there is feed in winter, he does not eat, so his stamina is low.

6. There are no bridges in the river and the NPC turns and walks.
    They were executed by animals.RIP

7. Asymmetrical roads and stone walls do not match.

8. The stone wall was accidentally erected at an angle when turning the surface.

9. Lack of stones and wood.

10. NPCs are less likely to use temporary huts.

11. The warehouse is also loaded with unwanted materials.

If you want resources to be infinite, then why have resources to have to collect at all? You should just be able to start a map with infinite resources in your inventory and just build everything to your hearts content. Might as well just start the map with infinite resources rather than wasting time collecting them.

I love your comments on the churches. Absolutely agree! Churches were actually a massive staple in the olden days; they were where you would go for sanctuary in an invasion/raid, when there was a massive outbreak of some kind of disease people would flock to the church for help, the churches usually helped to bring in medicinal supplies, usually they helped send people to the “other side” at time of death. It doesn’t matter what religion you’re from, Norse Mythology even speaks of this being done to some degree as well; so churches in ancient times were actually massively useful for one thing or another.

I say get them added in, if people don’t like them, then they don’t have to use them and instead can plop down some kind of totem or ritual site, whatever… but churches are massively important for the suggested “time period” the game takes place in, in my opinion.

1 Like

A player can’t “decide what suits them” in this game without the buildings. If I want to play the game pretending it’s medieval times with churches, I need churches in the game to place. If I don’t want religion or churches in my town, I simply don’t build them.

Churches can add cool game play mechanics if built, but they have no negative effects on your town if they are not built. This way, they can be in the game for those of us who do want them but aren’t necessary for those who don’t. It should be that simple.

What you are describing is not what quarries and deep mines mean for the gameplay. It seems like they are going to be expensive structures which require workforce and gold to supply. Just because the reservoir isn’t limited doesn’t mean you have a creative mode. Right now you essentially got infinite resources as well through trading, it is just much more tedious. For players who prefere beauty building over the pure survival mechanics these structures are extreme quality of life improvements.

The “choice” people would have to add “fairy tail” religion to the game would be for people like you to simply not build a church in your town, but it’s still in the game and can be built for those who want it. This let’s “everyone” play the game how they want. Not putting anything in the game only caters to you and leaves out everyone else. That’s not fair. If you don’t like it, simply ignore the building in the build menu and don’t use it.

Agree, but those easy game play mechanics should be in a separate game mode. As I mentioned above, if resources are to be unlimited and all you want to do is just build a pretty civilian, then why not just have all resources set as unlimited in your inventory? You can just build whatever you want from the very start. Why bother wasting time collecting resources in the first place? Also, you start the map at tier 3.

The game needs a “sandbox” mode where you can see the entire map, can start building anywhere on the map, no need to collect resources, just build pretty.

The issue with buildings not maintaining themselves is probably due to a lack of free laborers/builders. My entire town had that small bar above, showing only 33% left of building durability. I shut down a couple of buildings (blacksmith, foundry, etc. with 10 laborers in them) and the building started to be repaired. To add to that, when the building gets abandoned, I just go for the “move” building option, except I don’t move it :slight_smile: and by doing that I don’t use resources to build it again.
As for low food stacks, I managed my town of almost 200 citizens (can’t go over that, it seems my Pc can’t handle it) with three root cellars and two storage houses. Again, I think this is connected with how many free laborers you have in your town. They are the ones picking up food and bringing it to storage.
And did you know you can move blueberry bushes?? You can replant them near your forager shack!

so when update?

Sorry, I still don’t get your point when you can turn out literally hundreds of candles and pottery in the year between trader visits and mining is really, really slow but I only really tried trading once and stopped before upgrading the trade centre because I’m on pacifist and there was no point in having 20k on top of which I am not very good at economics so I’m not going to argue.