The State of Early Access - Update #01

if you don’t like the infinite resources, don’t build deep mines. but stop trying to force everyone to play it your way.

or the devs could make it a setting to disable them for your game

7 Likes

No one is forcing anyone to do anything, infinite resources at maximum efficiency should just be an easy mode thing. Certainly not a standard for a resource management colony sim

6 Likes

I think you should chill a bit. You’re harassing the other players here just because they care about the survival gameplay of the survival-colony builder they bought.
The devs have already shown there want to give additional options for the players who want an easier time with the resources, no need to panic.

4 Likes

Great Work Guys!

1 Like

very nice, im so happy to read this, great work. about spiritual buildings, for example if somebody die, his family receive “sad debuff” like irl… , mb 10-20% less production etc, and for remove this debuff u have to build spiritual buidling, just for remove debuff. Can be builded on lvl 1+upgrades , its same like when ur villager sick he visit doctor, same here when ur villager sad he go to church, also 2 and 3 lvl mb give buff for next "N time + production, post like if u think its good idea XD

1 Like

You have a weird definition of harassment. I’m responding to a bunch of people who seem to think that “infinite resources ruin the game! don’t do it!”

one dude was literally talking about how we should have to micromanage it, which is completely against the point.

Basically how they come across to me is “That makes it too easy! i don’t like it! don’t do it” when they could easily just not use those structures if they don’t like them. Or they could be disabled at high difficulty settings, etc.

3 Likes

I really like the idea of having more buffs and debuffs for individual production at some point. Chronic injuries, illnesses, more moods etc… maybe production on the harder jobs goes down in old age so you have to make sure colonists aren’t getting too old for their jobs. More things along the same lines as the educated versus uneducated colonist mechanic that is already in the game. That would be very cool!

Thats good news! :nerd_face:

1 Like

Hi, big fan here !
Im glad to read about improvements about ressources and minerals. What about having chickens, goats and or others ? Would it be possible to build a bridge and also boats / fishing boats. What about a coastal map also. Another point is the angle of the camera, sometimes it would be awesome to tilt it up/down to see the horizon of my city. Another point would be indigenous tribes attacks. The capacity to build/dig water erigation to fill a creek for watering my farms and wells. Thank you and you did a very good job with this game.

6 Likes

I guess for a first big update, this is pretty good.
All of your points could be potentially addressed further down the line.

Thank you and good luck!

Sounds like a really nice update overall.

Seems like a good angle, I like the idea of having decoration buildings that also serve another purpose.

5 Likes

It should be an option you tick before starting the map, surely this is possible.

Edit: Ach, the reply went somewhere it wasn’t supposed… About the infinite resources this one…

2 Likes

Early access is the perfect place to actively work on the game while fixing bugs and implementing new ideas. Thanks for listening to the community!

A few suggestions:

• Assigning or unassigning specific workers to specific jobs and housing (maybe for a cost). Kristina lives at the farthest point in town, but has to trudge all the way to the bakery daily. Maybe the ability to move people closer to their jobs would help efficiency or change their job to one closer to where they live.

• More clarity on how gold is earned, specifically from luxuries. It’s a nice bonus, but how does it compute?

• The ability to assign more workers to single worker locations - nightsoil collector, for one (maybe smoker too). The composter normally goes on the outskirts of town, but the buildings farthest away tend to get left behind in the waste removal.

• An equipment screen would be a nice improvement. Maybe the ability to give the hunter a hauberk, or upgrade a soldier’s crude weapon or bow proactively.

• More clarity on the Healer’s House. I had it closed, but it still accepted patients there. When it is on, is there a percentage chance of healing? +% healing chance or healing speed for medicinal roots and herbs? This mechanic could be expanded on, for sure.

• Wagons. How much capacity do they have? Can it be increased with upgrades? Can we assign them to certain locations or materials. It would almost be better to use them like trade routes and set the items they bring and collect (if wanted). It’s almost a waste of a trip if they aren’t bringing food or herbs to the temporary housing while collecting from the labor camp next door.

Thanks for the opportunity to provide feedback on the game. It’s a good one, and will only get better over time.

10 Likes

Fantastic, keep up the good work!

I don’t understand how to manage resources & long travel time in the late game. The resources are in the world but not where I really need them, buidings take years to build or upgrade, no resources to trade, the trader leaves before I get the goods available into my trading post.
I see you will update that storage issue - thank you.
Why not using cartwrights for transport between the warehouses? I’m seeing them going onto a long journey with just some pieces of smoked meat…
Long travel time: any idea how to manage this? Building hunter and gatherer + lv2 temporary house (sorry I couldnt find the english name :D) but no one moves to there and both hunter and gatherer have maximum travel time.
Locating some raw resources like iron or coal is pretty hard between those 100 other signs only needed for the gatherer.
Would be glad if you could add a small additional filter at F4 to switch off the signs of animals, sand, clay, berries or coal/iron/gold …

and the farming is not really exciting as you have to change seeds every 6 years to prevent a plant disese or any other problem causing 50% or more of the yield. I understand that 3 years wheat only is not the way to go. but if you should change the seeds that often it would help to add a few more years to that table to schedule it better.

Finally - a big thank you anyway for that beautiful working game at that early access state :slight_smile: I hope you keep up the good work!!
BR
Steve

If it’s just “plop this down and you get free stuff” I would agree.

Ideally, however, there is going to be a constant upkeep to keep the trickle of resources going (like basic tools and planks to dig out and support the ever-growing mineshafts), something that makes it a more stable alternative to importing what you need from the trading post, rather than being free of it altogether.

2 Likes

dev’s why not set a switch that quarries can be set to off in detailed difficulty settings for the guys who want a real challenge?

2 Likes

Another possible change thats minor but no less annoying… The guard towers… The guards seem to require a weapon but has honestly anything seen them ACTUALLY melee? I guess it could happen if say the guard is on the way back to the tower from getting resources or something but at this point guard towers would really only require a bow and arrows cause they are never really outside their tower and once the tower is destroyed they lose the “guard” job anyway and no longer defend the town… It’ll save everyone that annoying sword icon over all the towers because the guards don’t have melee weapons they never use anyway… Especially in early game when you can’t forge weapons and you gotta better things to buy then even crude weapons the traveling merchants sell

2 Likes

Great news, I’m excited to see the game evolve!