The State of Early Access - Update #01

Will 0.7.5 work with existing saves?

1 Like

How do you get on an island without a bridge, don’t tell me walking on ice?

The massive megarock looks nice but please don’t put it in the middle of my town. Just let the stone come from the fields, when the farmers do some maintenance.

A new map looks nice, do we also get a mixed one? The difficulty will be an option where you can start.

My favorite map seeds are the ones with natural protection (mountains and lakes give protection to you’re town, but difficult to find.)

The deep mines are nice, but if you get infinite gold, is the game not broken then?

How many new decorations are coming? I’m hoping on some water ornament.

Thanks, for the hard work!

Edit: Is it possible to get a deep water mine (I don’t know how to call this.)
I hope this mechanism would make it possible to flood lower areas in Arid highlands, it is off course dangerous, without dike. And then it might be possible to use ships over their.

The last question: can we raise land in the future? The flattening tool lowers the land always, and this is sometimes a bit annoying.

Edit 2: Just some suggestion, might we be able to find something in the future, for example a consumable ancient statue, that you can find in ruins?

Archaeology - artifacts- museums could be a cool production chain

2 Likes

I signed up here because this update reads amazing – all welcome additions!

Glad to see barns and cows addressed (biggest problem is cows going rogue and getting stuck in a gate - this results in no meat/ no milk).

Relocating the graveyard is cool, but I hope we don’t have to keep building graveyards until the map is filled up… ; )

Spiritual buildings – tricky. I get you want to keep it vague. On the other hand my village seems incomplete without a church. Faith in general adds just another layer of immersion. The progress small chapel > modest church > giant cathedral is what games usually do. Not very original but it works very well to visualize the progress you’ve made. Building a cathedral gives you a cool late game objective, too.

But of course, mechanically speaking just plopping down a building that satisfies a faith need isn’t very interesting. It’s just a duplicate of the desirability system on a smaller scale. So something more clever would be cool. But it’s a fine line before you’re getting into a sort of tacky fantasy realm where you get a better harvest because you prayed to mother earth.

New decorations – yes please! You’ve done such a great job with them so far. I especially like that there’s multiple versions of most of them and the grey stone ones can be upgraded to red bricks (please keep doing this!). The teaser image looks amazing. It would be awesome to have small bushes, too (1x1 and 2x2) - I’m thinking decorative for in the village and natural for “in the wild”.

but they’re right, so I don’t know what your issue is

I really love the decorations. That is nice.

I don’t know if you need to know but your town showcase has the same link for the town on the island by littlenold and steamynoodles town, they both lead to steamynoodles post. It’s easy to find both with the showcase filter on the post though.

1 Like

This post is fantastic and addresses absolutely everything I can think of. Well done!

1 Like

Sounds great, but please make it more difficult later game, not easier. Also, bridges and more terrain modification?

2 Likes

Provide the option of having infinite resources as an option before the start of the game. I think part of the appeal is the slow burn, unforeseen resource constraint nature of the medieval world. That is why there’s a trading post.

So it forces the starter town to prioritize on creating certain goods to trade for others they do not have.

I rather see Devs create a more wholesome trading system between neighboring towns for example that brings in goods your town may not naturally contain.

Also better explanations on how carthouses work. While I see they transport raw materials from far flung places. They do not do the same for food in far flung places. So then how do I harvest herbs etc. and get them transported to my main city.

2 Likes

+1 Bridges

2 Likes

Great changes on resource management! Hoping we also get the ability to establish transport routes for our resources (moved with wagons), enabling small, fit for purpose, villages around the map.

1 Like

Well I’m hoping they do deep mines for everything BUT gold but thats just me or make deep mines only placeable on certain areas or have alot slower resource draw rate… Otherwise whats the point of the trading post

1 Like

Make it to where each tombstone provides us with info on who was buried there, what year they died, how old they were. That would be a nice immersive touch. Also, separate out human and animal aggression in pacifist mode.

5 Likes

Wow this is amazing and coming so soon as in a couple days or a weekish?!

RIP to the feedback list ive been generating for feedback since almost half of it is on this list :slight_smile:

My biggest question is compatibility with previous saves, did I miss it in the notes or was this mentioned? I have all of my 30+ hours in one town so far and would love to continue playing it as im over 500 citizens with large gold reserves but am eagerly waiting the resource/trading issues mentioned here so I can have a larger standing army for the massive 110+ invading armies that constantly attack me and focus on more building and expansion.

are you not getting hit by large invading armies demanding 30,000 gold every 5 years like me? :slight_smile: hardest thing for me about late game is resource constraints and inconsistent trade routes for basic goods like sand, stone, or sometimes iron

1 Like

For the issue of not getting goods to trader in time, I highly recommend you rearrange your town. Every building can be moved at essentially no cost and as your cities grows it’ll sometimes be easier to rearrange the layout for reasons like goods transportation, more efficient industry, and desirability. For example I’ve moved all my storage except granaries into the central part of my city and the trade depot is also right down the road so there’s only a few steps for the loaders to bring the goods to the trader. I put granaries just inside the city walls next to the mills and breweries so it’s inbetween the farms and the pubs but next to the industrial buildings that need them which are far enough to not cause desirability issues.

Haha well glad what’s on the horizon has you excited.

I just want to make it clear that this feature/bug fix list is a preview of early access in general. Many things are coming in v0.7.5, but some things on this list are still in development/testing and coming later. Everything here are things we consider must-haves for the game though and intend to implement.

5 Likes

Just here to say thanks for the update!

I really like these improvements, keep being such amazing devs!

Love the game so far. Keep up the great work! :slight_smile:

These people love their work, I can tell you that.

Happy to support this project !
:raised_hands:

Thank you.