The State of Early Access - Update #01

6 was said on a dev stream a little while ago, but Crate being a small company they tend to move people around as needed so I’d guess it was mainly those 6, but others might also have contributed in some way from time to time as needed.

About sustainable forestry. Maybe, it can be done just like in Banished. To have 2 guys, for example, go around the designated area and plant new trees, and two guys chop them down. So there would be no need to relocate the working camp

1 Like

I hope some optimization on travel time for workers and better transfer system

4 Likes

Excellent list of improvements, really excited for an Early Access journey for the first time in a long time. Keep up the great work!

you could … the compost yard :slight_smile:

Six guys only?? Ok, let us pay for that first update, to give them the boost :smiley:

Well, there are only 15 people at Crate. For Grim Dawn 9 people mainly worked on that, though again they moved people around as needed. They also have a horror survival game and an RTS game under development so they’re a pretty busy group of people.

2 Likes

It all sounds great but I’m begging that you fix key binding to allow camera rotation to keyboards. I can’t use a detachable mouse so the game is kind of unplayable.

1 Like

Thanks for the info about the current progress and how our feedback leads to changes in the game. I’m having a lot of fun developing my town.
I’m a little torn on moving graveyards. I understand it can be frustrating to be stuck with it in an unfavorable spot, but it’s a graveyard afterall. I think part of the challenge of the game is to accept things how they are (e.g. not enough of x ressource in a given region, unpathable terrain here and there) and finding a way to live with it. So even though I’ve clicked on my graveyard a couple times because it’s not exactly in the perfect spot, I’ve always accepted that there is no movement button - it’s a graveyard afterall.
I would suggest a different solution to the graveyard problem: after x years (100 is too high, 10 is too low) unlock an upgrade option for graveyards to convert them into graveyard-parks. I’m not sure if it’s the same all around the world, but all the graveyards I know are usually pretty large parks where you can (respectfully) spend your time walking and enjoy the silence in comparision to other parks where children/people play loudly and dogs are barking. So converting older graveyards to parks that provide desirability (wouldn’t want to call it entertainment) could be an option aswell to turn the grey spot in the middle of the village into something more desirable and also something closer to reality then moving a graveyard around.
Keep up the great work, the game is really beautiful. :smiley:

2 Likes

all sound great, I just wish for one more particular feature that to make the camera movement more flexible so we can see the horizon line behind the village. I think with the game great graphice that will be awsome. and ability to customise the med-mouse key because it’s hard to click.
thanks again for that great game and best wishes

Game is grate but would be nice to see window with global inventory shown as icons and some display of total units when pointing cursor on item in building detail window. Ability to request inventory transfer and schedule regular ongoing transfer also would be nice.

Those are my wishes.

Congrats to the Devs team for this wonderful game and their fast replies to bug reports and players feedbacks ! This update looks amazing and will certainly bring a lot of QoL improvements !

Here’s my take on the upcoming update (and a few wishes as well) :

Trading Post

Looking forward to the notifications (this will be tremendously helpful) and the request system. Adding to that, I do think adding up to 2 traders slots at Tier 2 will help speed up transferring items and gold for transactions with merchants coming in. Might be because my town’s storage layout isn’t well optimized, but I feel that it’s currently taking quite some time to transfer goods and gold to the trading post.

Resources

More resources is always good, and that’s a welcome addition. Personally, I haven’t felt any lack of resources so far (but I’ve only played on Lowland Lakes, Medium difficulty, with a very good and generous seed). But I definitely felt that wood was becoming harder to get the more your town grows, and heavy industries start kicking in.

Spiritual Buildings

Absolutely agree with this, I love the vague settings/references the game offers and would want that to remain as is. Nonetheless, I’d definitely like more variety with shrines (see decorations topic for more details) rather than spiritual buildings (namely churches). I’ve seen some suggestions about town’s festivals/fairs, that would make for a really immersive mechanic : think of hay festival, harvest festival or plowing festival. Those could be regular festivals marking each year, providing entertainment to our villagers. We could even imagine a special building that would produce decorations, outfits, even meals, specifically for those festivals.

Production and Storage Management

Really looking forward to those improvements, as it still is a part of the game that confuses me (I’ve probably not experienced/tested it enough yet). And, given what’s planned, this will probably solve my first point on the speed of transferring goods to the trading post.

Just throwing the idea, in case this is not part of the upcoming changes : I’d like to be able to assign Wagon Shops to certain logistics flows, in order to optimize some productions. Workers & Resources : Soviet Republic does it really well, I feel there could be a way Farthest Frontier implement this as well.

Decorations

More decorations and variety is very welcome. The game has already a gorgeous and amazing style, I’d just love to have different versions of a particular statue, so that I can build several of them in the town and they’d all look different, just like manors having at least 3 different versions.

Again, thank you Devs for your hard work, best of luck for the game’s development, I’m having a lot of fun with it !

hiii, wonderful update, do you know what release date?

1 Like

Opening post

3 Likes

I hadn t realized, thanks, it s the anxiety of playing everything I read in post haha (my english is bad)

Excellent update, Thank You. And good to see that we are helping/ the issues are being picked up on. Great stuff.

Do we know when version 0.75 will be live? I wanna start a new play through, but would like to do it on the new patch.

See the OP

1 Like

Just picked up the game after watching Twitch Streamers playing the game.
Enjoyable but I have to remind myself to play slowly, so as to not get too my settlement to large and cannot meet the needs of my settlers.

I have read the update #01 and look forward to the implements.
I feel a religious life is a bit missing, as it was an important part of life back then. Maybe some people wanted religion in their new settlement, maybe others left their old life because they did not like the religious rules placed on them. And wanted freedom.
Perhaps it could be a thing implemented in the game where settlers want or do not want it, as we as a player have to decide the fate of our new settlement.

I would like to see my settlers wearing various clothing, after being bought from the different traders, as they might have different styles of dressing.

I would find it most enjoyable after defeating a raider attack, killing a few raiders and driving the rest into flight, to be able to take their weapons and armour for my own use or for trading. Waste not want not.

But I definitely need a tutorial how to work the fields. This would help me tremendously. Just found the Guide to the game, maybe I should read more before posting things.

2 Likes

I guess I’m gonna be waiting then. Hoping for it to be live this weekend!