The State of Early Access - Update #01

lovely ! literally can´t wait to see those things ingame your doing an Amazing Job.

yes, really want a infinite resources or sort of sandbox mode to create the beautiful and peaceful villages or towns, dont want to spend a lot of time on resource management

having an option that make less micro-management and micro-manipulation, focusing on enjoyable management process will be fantastic

2 Likes

These are all great things but Id also like to see the ability to select what resources I can track in the top right of the screen. The HUD along the top has plenty of room to allow 2-3 customizable slots to track resources you want to monitor closely like iron ingots or heavy tools. Id also like to see the ability for your military force to patrol areas, set up a patrol route. Finally, at least for this post Id like the ability to click on a work camp or mine and then be able to click through all like mines to check and see the status of each location as opposed to hunting down where I paced them. I have WAY more ideas for this game that Im sure you already have i the works but from a avid Banished/ANNO/Sim City/Satisfactory and so on game player this is my initial report.

Hey guys,
Amazing progress - already very hooked up on the game!
The detail in all buildings and dynamics is amazing. However, within the UI it’s sometimes hard to distinguish them. I often use the f2/f3/f4 buttons to see what’s going on. It would be great if names/types of the buildings would also pop up, so it would be easier to find that specific building.
Same goes for the building menu. Right now all the buildings are merely shown by icons. Hard to tell which on is the shoemaker and which one is the pottery (e.g.).
Looking forward to the update!

I think the point is the only challenge would be creating enough cheese, healing tonic and beer to be able to trade for iron, coal and sand. Instead of it becoming a purely trading game late late game it’ll help immersion. Maybe a mine shift will provide, 5000 iron instead of 500, maybe it’ll collapse and kill 8 workers perhaps a gold mine doing well would attract an army of hundreds.
I’ve got faith in Create to create something great. Early access baby! Loving it

1 Like

I made two games, in standard and pacifist terms, there is an option to have a settlement without micromanagement problems, but already reaching a large population, it becomes difficult, years without food and others with more than 15

sounds like a good update! I’ve been binging this game, super fun so far but I agree the stone can become a issue since traders can go many years without bringing any for sale and some map seeds are pretty barren

I have no issues with stone/wood. Not really sure why people are complaining about this so much. This makes things more challenging and I like it the way it is. I hope the devs don’t make the game too easy.

Currently, I’d love to be able to select all walls and prioritize them, not 1 by 1. And the game not lagging at higher pop. These are maybe the only two things that annoy me in the game.

2 Likes

Thanks, guys, lovely to see the level of work you’ve been putting in so quickly since EA release! I’ve been enjoying the game and am really looking forward to seeing it grow. Take care!

It really depends on which map you choose… Lakes and Plains seem to have lower tree/rocks on either or and Arid Highlands and the Valleys map have higher trees/rocks depending on the map… and random is just… random… Sometimes you get a map with lots and some very little

I’m a bit worried to see nothing adressed on IA pathing / house choosing / priorities in build. As well as a more clear system (how much carry does a basket increase, how much people consume, how many days for food to rot and so on).

I fear that those bit won’t be adressed at all.

2 Likes

Hello, when can we expect to see the 0.7.5 update? :slight_smile:

See the OP

Loving this game! 24 hrs in and counting. Very excited for the upcoming updates!

I was hoping to get it before the weekend, but I’ve got the feeling we will be catching bugs this weekend.

The most important thing for me, is that in the difficult map, their is a problem with the fish forming a mountain of icons and two out of three herbs aren’t picked up (their aren’t more herbs on the map, I need them.) And willow never found it, and I haven’t seen the level 2 traders sell it.

I really like this game, even if their are more bugs than rats in the game. I’m almost 120 hours in, and off course I love even if it cost me a bit of sleep.

2 Likes

hello. developer.
I am a user who enjoys games in Korea.
It’s a lot of fun, but what I learned after 200 hours was that building walls on the road was difficult.
And there were problems with wood, stone, etc. that were not easily available, but I am very satisfied with this 0.7.5 update.
thank you Looking forward to future updates. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is causing another problem for me. Because the items are being stored in the trading post, and the workers in the trading post aren’t taking things OUT to a storage location… my workers have to run all the way to the trading post to get stock instead of just going to the warehouse next to them.

1 Like

Great Job Devs with this game. Me and my wife thoroughly enjoy this game. We are both excited for future updates and fixes to the game.
We do like some micromanaging of games but would like more tools to do so, for example:

1. Icon for workers actually working
  2. Those that are idle
  3. An option to reallocate a specific worker to other tasks.

One of things I found useful that I stumbled on was when building an addition settlement farther away from the main settlement was the option to select a person that lives closer to the work place. If you are able to add the ability to do this regardless of distance from the Town Center I think this would help with many things such as people starving before they get to their house from work. And maybe adding an alternate Town Center building used to mark and build in other locations on the map instead of just one gigantic town.

Last thing that I can think of that comes to mind is exploring. We both have experienced our soldiers leaving the barracks to go explore and sometimes just standing in the forest with the “Wandering, unable to work.” message when you select them or view their status in the barracks.

Overall great game so far. Excited to see what future changes and additions may be added.

1 Like

I love devs that listen to the feedback of their community. Great patch, really addressing all the problems at their core. Good job, keep up the good work