The State of Early Access - Update #01

I was so focused on gettin rocks and keeping enough wood, then food would get low. I went over 30yrs with no cows because I missed traders with cows. That was my first run, and it’s still semi-sustainable, but work camps are sooooo far from village center just for a few rocks. I’m going to start another run with the Idyllic map and hope more resources helps a lot. I’m most excited for the idea of a Quarry and Deep Mine, that should help a lot. Maybe a similar idea for wood, a Lumberyard could be outlined and have a few workers on it, possibly fertilized for faster growth.

This game really eases the mind, or mine at least… Thanks a lot for making it, and can’t wait to see what else you add to it! :heart:

1 Like

I just wanted to say thank you for this update, and for all the attention you are providing this game! In a time where most developers treat gamers like an open wallet, and not as a customer or partner, your approach is so refreshing. I’ve spent hours in this game already, and many sleepless nights.

I’m really excited about some of the town decorations, and may I suggest another? A fair area would be cool for travelling performances or local bards? Forgive me if the theatre already does this, but I’m not there yet.

1 Like

That’s right, the beauty of this game is its realism !! We want a real challenge pls… :slight_smile:

1 Like

So is this update ready. I checked to see the changes and havent seen anything yet. I even tried starting a new map but nothing.

Museums didn’t come really this early tho??

i just figured this game took place in some part of Cairn. i think it would be fun to see a holy building that links to grim dawn =)

1 Like

about the spiritual buildings topic, what about using the deities from the grim dawn universe? maybe connect GD universe with the FF universe in some way? just an idea, amazing game even in this early state.

1 Like

They did!!

Hello.
I am Japanese, so my English may be poor.

I am against easy resource infinity.
I enjoy building roads, building second settlements and developing them while being scared of beasts in search of mineral deposits.
However, I am fed up with the current situation where we finally have to solve everything through trade.

・Returns from Looters
・Expedition system
・Visit informants (pay them to create new veins on the map).
I would like to see a solution to this problem, such as

1 Like

If we can build bridge that will be awesome :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Love your work, Excited about the planned and future updates, Top of my wishlist of features to be added;

Being able to cycle though buildings of the same type, - once a e.g Fishermans hut is selected being able to go though all other fishermans huts to check on them.

another overlay to show simplified real estate footprints, and roads. It’s easy to get lost in the (beautiful) details but its tricky to see if there is space for a road between buildings or not.

names for buildings, so we can see ‘cooper’ , ‘sawmill’ and smelter easily, maybe what are their inputs and outputs too.

Finally to be able to zoom out more… also in slightly more too.

2 Likes

Bring the gods from Grim Dawn to FF, can we expand the livestock options some where down the road. As far as infinite resources goes make that a selectable option for the map should make hardcore and causal players happy, like a toggle if you want it its there if not no biggie you want to suffer when you run out of stone 5 minutes in to the game you can do that too. Thanks for the amazing early access game and I for one cannot wait to see what else you guys add to the game

when is the patch hitting ?

there is no date mentioned.

I’m not certain if the option is there already, have not found it. But since I’m quite a pacifist style player and I still would like some realism. I would LOVE the option to not have raiders come in and steal stuff, but bears and wolves still be around. That would be the perfect middleground for me.

2 Likes

They said in the next few days. But it seems like it won’t be here for the weekend :frowning:

well damn, I stopped playing
i wana start again but the fixes need to be there

Regarding deep mines, I believe I can simply create depth levels, each depth generates a number and types of rocks and has a chance of collapsing, each rock would have its own mining difficulty. This makes the resource “infinite”, but generates an initial mechanic that can be expanded or better explored later.

1 Like

Thought you read the opening post. :wink: