The State of Early Access - Update #01

No, Farthest Frontier isn’t in the GD universe.

How complicated is it that apart from cows you also raise chickens? that would allow the cows to be left for a higher protein tier.

2 Likes

was hoping for a date.

Crate are unlikely to give one until you suddenly see the patch notes appear. That’ll happen when the patch goes live.

3 Likes

Quality of life suggestion:

When continuing a game / loading a save state, have the game start paused.

Heightened value at present given long load times some are reporting but overall this would be a helpful feature.

Loving the game so far. Very impressed with your versatility with this coming after Grim Dawn. I still enjoy playing Grim Dawn and this looks to be a game with some longevity to it as well.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. It’s a wonderfull game. And I played basically every citysim that has come out since sim2/ttd.

Just a few pointers/suggestions:
It’s lovely to have a game without religion! Keep it out of here please. The serenity of nature is all we need.
There’s so many games where either it’s a must have to keep your folks happy. And then often so badly executed. (some CIV games had horrible religion systems.)
Let there be a choice if you do intend to add fairy tales superstition.

Forest replanting systems are usually solved with a forester. But another way to solve this could be to assign a 1 worker at a work camp to this specific function. Or as you said, 2 workers in a work camp should keep a steady stream of trees. Pretty solid imo.

Looking forward to the reduced hitchig/lagging when playing!

love this update on progress, so glad to see suggestions listened to and excited for the future of the game!! x

2 Likes

Already been discussed multiple times that it will take a lot of effort to bring anything water related in right now. So don’t expect it soon.

1 Like

You have to remember this is week two of EA. Many of these features will come, but right now the game is being fleshed out and is a WIP. If you’re already fed up, you have a long way to wait for these things to be improved I’m afraid.

1 Like

I must admit the bridge request is getting a bit old, with the number of times they’ve said not yet.

Good morning.
I use google to translate: I hope in an understandable way …

Thank you!
I really appreciate the idea of having an additional option such as the “super relax” mode: a sort of sandbox mode with infinite resources - but to be managed perhaps with costs and human wear and tear (collapses in mines, training of supervisory staff, etc.) to create beautiful and peaceful villages or towns, with the sole objective of spending my free time relaxing by playing a nice game with excellent and accurate graphics.
But then, if I want to face some challenge, I start another game in one of the other modes already present.
Very well done. Very good.

P.S.
The idea of some kind of spiritual accompaniment also amuses me. Even if I’m agnostic. :wink:
Ah! …
Of course, I also appreciate the fixing of all the bugs mentioned and the development in all the other directions indicated … :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Strange way to look at it bc there alread is religion in the game (shrine/altar). Also nature religion: still religion. :smirk:

You’re right about the CIV 6 religion system. It’s silly and the mechanic is basically just a re-skin of the military system. I prefer a simple system over that unnecessary and boring bloat. It still adds immersion, even if the mechanic isn’t new or innovative.

Is there or will there be a option to see how many buildings there are.

Something like this,

Houses ( 10 )
Water well ( 6 )
Hunting cabin ( 18 )
Gold mine ( 0 )
Lookout Tower ( 25 )

2 Likes

This dev update is a preview of features and fixes we are working on for v0.7.5 and beyond.

It is not an all-encompassing list of everything we plan to fix or introduce to the game. If you have feedback, it’s still best to post it in the Ideas and Feedback section. Bug reports naturally go in Bug Reporting.

2 Likes

Will you release Farthest Frontier on GOG.COM?
I buy all my games there.

Anyone else keeps loading the game to find out if patch 0.7.5 went live yet? Or am I the only weirdo.

says up coming days so I am hoping too. I kinda have this feeling that I dont wana play until the fix is up. which sucks.

I wanna start a new play through, but on the new patch. So I’m just chillin, waiting.

exactly what i wana do too.

1 Like

me too, why?Is the game stopped updating, there is no expectation of replay