The State of Early Access - Update #01

they are doing it , but takes time. early access right

2 Likes

Still not updated yet though!

1 Like

yeah, the announcement was 2 days ago , just a teaser of what fixes they are going to release.

1 Like

F2 will show all building names but is currently disabled due to issues

1 Like

The biggest issue that I keep getting is buildings not maintaining themselves. This creates a downward loop wherein I have to destroy a building, then replace it as its needed to sustain the town, only to have that gobble up resources because another building starts to get abandoned or condemned.

It would be nice to have a button to direct the occupants fetch the materials that they need to improve the maintenance of a given building.

Further, its not clear who is responsible for this – the builders or the laborers?

Finally, the newest problem I seem to be having is food not making it to to the town - I’ll create dozens of forgers, hunters, plant wheat and have granaries and mills, etc., but the supply chain seems broken somehow - I keep getting told that my food stocks are low. Thus, people are unhappy and then leave. Then, with less people, those facilities set up to produce food and such then lack people, so they become neglected and condemned or abandoned, further driving the problem of food. I seem to spend winters trying to correct problems, and then summers buying very ounce of food I can from traders!

I see that the decorative trees for wood problem will soon be addressed, so no more there.

These issues above have me torn on continuing or not each time I play. This afternoon - I just quit as I was “exhausted” in trying to just keep people alive!!! My town seems like Detroit! Lots of endless roads and places where once I had a thriving area!!! With no way to over come it, its like you almost want to nuke and reset - but that’ll just mean that I never get to more advanced levels of town and environmental play! :frowning:

3 Likes

SigepMan, I have the same problem with my food stock is to low.
6 fish houses, some hunters, smokers and so on.

When i upgrade to tier 2 are people leaving my city.

3 Likes

I say start over, try to keep your smokers and root cellars close to each other, specify who does meat and who does fish (if you’re not doing that already) I got to about 180 population and everything rolling just fine with 3 hunters and 2 fishers + maybe 3 foragers, but then the food comes there after mainly from the barns and fields.

Also, don’t upgrade too soon, until you have stable sources for food. My biggest problem was that I couldn’t maintain the 2 or 3 food types and that caused people to abandon the shelters… which in my opinion is a bit redundant. “Oh my favorite schnitzel or bagel is out… That’s it, we’re moving”
I say f*** it, go make your own settlement then :smiley:

Are hunters even worth having after a certain point? In pacifist mode, hunting deer yields only so much meat that I think having a barn or two is more worth while, since there are no boars.

1 Like

ugh why religious crap?

please release before the weekend ends. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Already said they won’t be releasing it over the weekend. Probably early next week I would guess assuming they don’t hit any last minute problems.

3 Likes

The color scheme of the upgraded plaza doesn’t seem to be perfect. We think the unupgraded Stone Road Plaza is more harmonious. We believe that resident control is low because they cannot immediately deal with later home repairs. If you add the option to immediately abandon all current activity, which can order them to repair any house, it will greatly improve efficiency :wink:

1 Like

oooh hedges as fences please! like the ones around the theatre etc…

also can we please manage what goods go into a wagon shop, and then where they deliver those goods (another wagon shop), and also what they receive so we can manage their routes a bit better

1 Like

Maybe a tier 3 road to match with the upgraded plaza’s? Fancy brick road with ornaments, nice sophisticated patterns etc, increases desirability as well. Like the idea of hedges and maybe iron fences for decoration?

Please be patient, they are working their butts off!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Some bug reports

Patch 0.7.5 waiting room

2 Likes

@FinHermit , I can get my population up to around 360-375, but then it begins to crash. I have multiple kinds of food, multiple kinds of services, an usually a majority of overlap in grocers, an plenty of desirable locations (parks, squares, etc.) and higher-end goods (furniture, glassware, etc.). And it will run fine for maybe 3-4 seasons (with growth stagnate, but sustained). Then, it will cross over a winter into a new year and some 20-30% of the buildings will suddenly be at 33% level of maintenance - all needing either (mostly) boards from the sawmills, or (to a lesser extent), clay. In ALL cases, I have plenty of inventory of both when this happens - but there is no way to direct some one to address it.

Also, (and maybe related to the trading post), at some point, despite plenty of well-managed, timed, and staffed farms, the wheat just seems to disappear!!! This affects the miller, the baker, the brewery, and by extension, pubs!

And before anyone else asks, yes, I realize that many of the production shops require either/and tools and heavy tools, but again, I will have these in all places and extra inventory available!

There ought to be a selection on when you press the magnifying glass showing the the low maintenance, that the pop-up has the option to set the remedy to a priority just like any other build option.

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from The State of Early Access - Update #01:
Suggest :

1. Poor optimization, the game starts to appear when the population reaches 250, and the FPS drops
    (CPU, VGA, MEM are far more than the basic configuration)
  2. Added carriages, warehouses… You can select all new types to cancel (ex : food, building materials, processed products…)
  3. Add multiple selected city walls or buildings, and give priority to construction at the same time.
  4. Resource exhaustion reminder?
  5. Select open space and plant trees in the area?
  6. The range acquisition function also requires range cancellation
1 Like

Folks this is not for ideas and feedback. For those please use the Ideas & Feedback section of the forum.

Other discussions should take place in General Discussion, not here.

4 Likes

@Patrickzero133 , (and @Zantai, wink wink!)

• As to Chickens, I think, just like apiaries for the bees, you could place a single square chicken coop in places.

• Better yet, given the time period, why not just have lower-levels of home grades automatically create limited eggs (and even milk from a goat), only needing such items as the house grade increases to beyond a large house. In this way, there could be a new industry for eggs, pigs, and/or goats (milk) that would be needed to provide such goods to a higher class of residence.
  • Why not make a separate industry built on sheep** -

• Small stables, larger stables, pasture land, shepherds, etc.? Pork, chicken, and eggs could come from the smaller homes, but wool and lamb meat could come from the sheep farms.
  • Horses and oxen - you see the horses pull carts, but you don’t know where they come from (the wainwright certainly doesn’t provide them!

• The horses could be a side product of the barn (you could choose full cows, full horses, full oxen, or some kind of balance between the two.

• But unlike the cows, the horses would require a fenced in pasture (more industry development). And the birth-rate for horses would be x1 per year (vs. the x2 for a herd of cows). On that note, the Oxen would be just like cows (not need a fenced-in pasture).

• However, Oxen would come first (level I), then cows (Level II), and finally, horses at Level III. This would mean that the barns would need to be moved from level II down to level I, but they only provide the Oxen).

• The overall industry expansion (chickens, sheep, horses, oxen, and more (farriers, etc.) would be something like this:

• Chickens (and eggs) are automatically provided at lower homes. Upon the the creation of the first "Manor House", the option to build a separate chicken coop structure with a single worker becomes available - its slightly undesirable, but not like a compost pile or soap factory.**

• Sheep stables are available at Level I with a single shepherd (which creates 1) wool, 2) lamb meat, and 3) hides for leather); at Level II, a larger sheep Farm with x2 shepherds (and larger herd sizes) with an efficiency bonus in production (birth rates could go up) - but needs more grain and pasture sizes). ,

• Once the first sheep stable is build, a new production facility is offered – a spinner, which can take wool to make yarn.

• Likewise, the existing tannery facility can create leather from the carcasses (at any level of sheep facility)

• Once a Sheep Stable is upgraded to the Level II Sheep Farm, the spinner facilities can be upgraded to a textile building (which can create yarn but also fabrics).

• Just like existing barns, sheep facilities can create meat, tallow, fats, oils, etc for use in bakeries, soap manufacturing, and other existing facilities.

• Oxen or horses could be used to pull the supply wagons in town to move goods (oxen first, then horses), but on the farms, the initial labor is manpower.

• The blacksmith

• Moved to level II for initial construction (along with both coal mines or the charcoal plant) from level III,

• It would make initial goods (not just overly simplified “tools”) - things like hinges, nails, kitchen wear (e.g. pots), etc.), and finally general “tools” (such as hammers, shovels, scythes, etc.).

• At level II, the blacksmith could be upgraded to provide more detailed items like plows, heavy machinery, and specialized “tools” (like for ***armorers and watchmakers (another industry for upper class goods)).

• Farms, at level II, farms could be upgraded to plows and oxen to increase production* (and lower manpower labor requirements) of agriculture. But, like many of the other production facilities, they would require replacement parts (for the plows).

• Barns and Farriers at Level III,

• Once horses are available (that is, at a Level III barn and once they are procured from a trader), they would need a farrier** to produce horseshoes and nails (although the level III blacksmith could make them too).

• There would need to be a set ratio of horses to farriers before another farrier was needed. A Farrier shop could be a 2x1 or 2x2 sized stand-alone building that housed the farrier and his tradecraft requirements. Since even in medieval times, farriers performed blacksmithing, the farrier shop would also require water, iron, coal, and “specialized tools” (those created by the level III blacksmith shop).

• As an option a barn could have another “level III” upgrade (to create an “in-house” farrier shop) which would could perform all the same functions.

• To be clear, a barn would have to upgrade to level III to first be able to have horses, but then, after the first horse is acquired (ostensibly from a trader just like cows), then that barn could then have an optional upgrade to add the “farrier addition”.

• Like wise, the stand-alone farrier shop would require at least one horse somewhere in the town.

• The reason for the two options would be that horses could be used a manor homes for carriages, in town for various functions like traders and other merchants to use, or even on a farm for select jobs.

• Thus, the separate farrier building(s) could be made closer to those areas with those demands (and not have an undesirable effect since they would be going to where the horses were are - house calls).

• The farrier at the barns would be for those horses there at the barn only, and without, the horse herd would degrade slightly.

• Finally, Pub ==> Tavern ==> Inn… there should be a growth of:

• A pub which only serves drinks);

• A tavern, where traders and travelers (maybe even pilgrims) could get a drink and then food, and;

• An Inn is the final upgrade to, where travelers and customers can even store their horses.

• Note: at level III, there could be a similar “extra” upgrade to the Inn to have an in-house farrier.

Thus, the whole beasts of burden industry can be layered with other industry growths as well.

3 Likes