The State of Early Access - Update #04

I feel like goats should only be milk. I don’t see what a lesser cow brings to the table in terms of balance.

I’m really looking forward to playing 0.9 on Steam Deck. Keep up the good work!

i think chickens wont drop meat! they will drop only eggs and goats if like cows theyw ill drop meat and meanwhile milk too

and the orchard variety sounds so great and more like the items that already exist like mushrooms and herbs

you should post this in the suggestions sections not here to make sure they are seen from the devs

Yeah I agree probably chickens should drop eggs only.

I’ve already posted all of them many times in suggestions, a few months ago. I hope they read them. :smiley:

We are looking forward to exploring water spaces, boats, bridges, etc.

1 Like

Not in the foreseeable future.

"As for docks/bridges, water gameplay is actually a lot more complicated than you’d think in our setup. It’s something we’ve experimented with during development but ultimately decided to shelf for the time-being.

It’s a mechanic we will likely revisit, but it may have to be some kind of water-themed DLC as the tech and features necessary would be a major undertaking that’s not likely to fit the timeframe for the base game."

I need to turn the houses and some or most buildings diagonal on the grid
(8 positions total)

I long to build a city patterned like a medieval London or Paris
Diagonal roads and building placement is a must in cities of this time period
I appreciate how some buildings already have corners but I really want that extra twist

6 Likes

Thanks @KREUZRITTER Yes it is not the religion that is the issue for me it is the Sorcery. The stuff with relics magically increasing meat crop production etc seems to me like it belongs in a different game. I don’t have a problem with religion boosting morale, military fervour etc religion can do that…
Anyway I don’t want to give this game up. Will try to see if it is playable without using the relics, I have no problem with building the shrines and Temples to keep the villagers happy. Although that is a shame as I imagined them as rebel Vilains fleeing from the feudal and religious system.

I’m takin this all much too seriously arn’t I :grimacing:

2 Likes

Hahha yeah maybe a bit, but having passion for something is different to just complaing/talking bad about it.

So be it, let them be the Rebel Villains! :wink:

1 Like

I understand what you mean, if there seems to be magic involved that is a bit immersion breaking for me too. (Supernatural elements in general change the “story” and feel of the game and that’s not something I can “turn off” by not using a game element.)

Also I would very much prefer some kind of church (and later a cathedral) type building because that’s what I expect in a european medieval setting. And yeah I get how this isn’t supposed to be specifically a european medieval setting – but that’s still what it looks like, and it’s really beautiful.
Hopefully if Crate won’t include it, someone can mod a church-looking temple into the game.

Mechanically I’m not quite convinced just by the description of how exploration works: Walk there and click to “explore”. But I’d have to see in-game to judge.
What I do like about the spirituality system is that there’s a real game mechanic behind it. And hopefully there’s an upkeep cost (candles?) for the temple to balance the bonus you get.

In general: Great update, very happy to hear about the addition of new animals!

2 Likes

I know it’s been said but… minimap? everything else sounds awesome!

Zantai said in the dev stream that they will probably add a mini-map at some point.

3 Likes

Aye, he also said to me in a stream: “No horses before 1.0”… not that I’m complaining! Gee up!

I should have asked about dragons… :wink:

Cheers thanks! :grinning:

Please no Dragons :grin:

4 Likes

Thanks for your work. You already have a great game and these latest additions are interesting
I’m not necessarily sold on the relics as it moves the game away from “rationality” but I’ll see how they work before declaring - they might well add an interesting extra dimension to things, which had been lacking from the “spirituality” side of things
Other upcoming achievements look great

The issue now is that two issues flagged by myself & others previously become a bit more pressing:
(1) Inclusion of bridges (even if full-blown water transport mechanics are let to one side due to complexity which I believe you alluded to earlier). I’ve had a few great maps where I have an isthmus of land with just a narrow channel of water to the other side where there are resources aplenty. Yet villagers need to walk a long way round (often a very, very long way round)
(2) The real bugbear is now the 1,000 person limit. Especially with these additional buildings & features to enjoy (and coupled with my playstyle) I’m currently hitting the 1,000 villager limit during Level 3 or early into Level 4. So, please, please, please, please at least give us the option of upping the population limit. This is why, much as I enjoy the game (a lot!), I only now play occasionally: it’s simply disheartening to get to 1,000 and then things essentially “stop” without various buildings yet in use.

As said many times already, any water based stuff in the game, including bridges, is going to have to wait until some time after full release of the game. It requires some reworking of Crate’s set up so whether it’s going to be possible or not we just have to wait and see.

As for the population limit that will be removed either in v0.9.0 or the patch after.

1 Like

How can I get 0.9.0 version?

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Go down to the Public Play Test Discussion section and see the FAQ there for the code. Then right click on the game in your Steam library, go down to Properties and over to Betas. Choose the Playtest branch and enter the code for it so Steam will download it for you.

It would be nice if you could set the working area, prior to the completion of the construction of a building. Also, if you can set the target soil type for each individual crop, so that the farmers automatically do it that would be great. A greater selection of the available resources. The last few maps i have played, have been 90% iron and barely anything else. A notification for idle foragers and some type of system for knowing which work area belongs to which hunter or forager.

1 Like