The THEME - based build

As promised here What build makes the most blades and similar to this collection of ‘missing builds’ Missing builds workshop

I’d like to start a discussion, collection, infobase for THEME - based builds, as I want to call them.

Now, what the freakin’ heck is a ‘theme-based build’ now?

Well, it’s simple, for example:

1. as in the initial thread: how many and which ‘spinning blade’ (optical effect!) skills can I combine in a build and still make it EG-viable
  2. same with ‘how many spreading skills’?
  3. or, e.g. how do I OPTIMIZE a build, that centeres around e.g. Lucius Bladearm. OR around Skellies. And how many options which are EG-viable are even possible if THEMED?

Many of them might already be done. But I still think, there are more Options to try, fix a theme, and then make it Endgame-viable even if it seems impossible to do so.

I think this is mainly an idea which the real Masters of the game can do, at least a lot better than I can.

This thread is mainly to collect interesting THEME-Ideas and, if there are builds already, link to them or BUILD new ones. Even if it is only theory-crafted at first.

What do you all think of this?

4 Likes

I’d like a Red (Vitality/Chaos) Glow / Lights build:

• Vitality Inquisitor Seal

• red eyes circling the character from Ring of Basti

• Vitality / Chaos Flames of Ignaffar or AAR

• passive or active Doom Bolts

etc everything you can squeeze in there but still with a valid build.

5 Likes

This could be fun, I’d like a ranged-tank theme, quite literally. Like a tank. A panzer. With a big gun. What’s the tankiest, strongest, most firepower-tastic 2H GUN build possible in GD?

2 Likes

what’s the reload time of a panzer? :thinking:
i’m thinking it can’t be an AA spam shooty build then, so maybe something like ABB? what other CD skills do we have that can be applied with a rifle that isn’t primal strike?

1 Like

Am thinking of, mebbe, ranged Warlord using RF?

Purple. Not purple with a chance of blizzards or meteory purple, but something that consists of only purple plus maybe some nondescript colors you barely notice.

1 Like

I have a druid that is built around cold projectiles:

Cold devastation, cold TSS, chillspikes from Seal of the Night, procs from Ring of Anubar, Amatok devotion and The Eastern Oath set - all this stuff generates cold projectiles. Initial idea was cold devastation with almost 100% uptime and this goal is achieved as well.

2 Likes

Here´s my SPREADER:

We´re spreading:

• maximized Bloody Pox
  • Aether Corruption
  • Plague of Consumption
  • Ill Omen (boots)
  • Ill Omen (Skill)
    We got many other item procs like Decimation, Wave of Souls, Eye of Basti and Siphon-Proc and the best is:
    Aether and Elemental get close to 100% converted to our main Damage, Vitality.
    It´s fun, but when it comes to SR70 Nemeses, you need to bring some time with you, to fully enjoy the -slow- death of them.
4 Likes