Theorycrafting Dump

lol

ikr?

Personally I like the Tree of Life setup a little more.

You can go a Fire/Elemental route with the new Mythical Justicar set.

I came up with a build around the Arcanor but ultimately didn’t like it. The damage just wasn’t there. Keep in mind that the Elemental Devastation isn’t Devastation; it’s one wave of a few projectiles, all of which don’t do much damage, rather than several waves of several projectiles as an area suppressant. This makes it much worse at proccing low-cooldown devotions and just generally gives it less usability.

The actual damage from Elemental Forcewave with Arcanor sucked, too. I’m not a huge fan of the weapon anymore, as I was when I first saw the thing. I hope it gets pretty substantially buffed in the near future.

Interesting ideas. Some thoughts I had for a Vitality Decay caster were to use Conduit of Eldritch Whispers with the prefix “100% Acid Damage converted to Vitality Damage to Dreeg’s Evil Eye” to turn the usual big source of Poison into Vitality Decay instead.

I haven’t tried it as of yet but I think the granted skill from Seal of the Void would substitute for Shadow Strike for applying Vitality Decay via weapon damage.

As for crazy theorycrafting, here’s a hybrid pet Cabalist I’ve been kicking around/am now levelling to see how things go: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25Wqj0Z

[spoiler]Since there’s so many Skelemancer threads flying around, I thought i’de try and do something with the Blight Fiend and the transmuter, though, I don’t think it’s worth picking up Unstable Anomaly until Mythical Circlet of the Great Serpent becomes available so I currently just have it as a permanent pet.

The initial idea I had was to build up Blight Burst as high as I could so the Fiends would be running in and bursting for big amounts of Acid/Vitality/Poison both when Blight Burst procs, on death and when Tainted Eruption goes off. Since Blight Burst and Virulent Death are spells, I wasn’t as concerned with stacking with flat damage as it shouldn’t effect those.

There’s not as many items supporting Acid/Poison pets as I hoped so I filled some of the other item slots in with things like Viperfang Grips/Vestments of the Great Guardian to try and build up my OA and make it into a Hybrid by supporting the Fiend’s Poison with my own via transmuted DEE, applying Poison from my weapon with Burning Void and obviously, resist reduction from various sources including a fair amount from my weapon and offhand.[/spoiler]

Dangit Ceno…

Your “You Can’t Hit Me!” and “The Affix-less Doom Bolter” have me rolling new toons presently. Not a complaint from me, mind you but my wife was already at the edge of her patience due to xpac release. :smiley:

Very intriguing.

Do you have any idea how much the Fevered Rage counteracts the damage reduction you are getting via OA reduction? How bad does losing Fevered Rage hamper the overall DPS quality of life?

I don’t really know for sure.

My guess is that Fevered Rage would probably put most enemies around the 70-75% hit range, meaning no damage reduction. It is the primary source of enemy DA reduction the build has (other than Vulnerability), though, so it should improve outgoing damage quite a bit.

I wouldn’t use Fevered Rage inside Crucible or against Mog/Ravager (definitely not Ravager), but it should be safe to use even against most Nemeses and MQ.

Is there any way to make Primal Strike a reasonable thing as a primary attack? Esp. now that Brute Force works for ranged two handers and those juicy inquisitor ranged procs are a thing?

I’ve come up with a couple. Mostly Burn Related (using Cindercores). I haven’t held onto them though, as they didn’t look too special and I don’t like the functionality of Grenado to begin with. With everything flying around in endgame, you basically need to be in melee range with Grenado/Canister Bomb to get them to hit, which is not safe in conjunction with the items that support the skills.

Sounds like a perfect build to try with your next multiplayer hardcore character :smiley:

Primal Strike is not a normal attack replacer, so it cannot proc stuff like feral hunger on the brute force line or the ranged procs on inquisitor. You’ll have to use savagery or leave out the procs.

In my attempts to come up with something original, I made this weird thing, not even sure it would work.
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNnMja8Z (didn’t set augments/comps)
It’s supposed to be some kind of elemental retal tank, does it have any chance of working?

Not with 7k HP.

For the Octavius build, wouldn’t it make sense to go for Oleron instead of Conviction ? It gives Internal trauma, which the build uses, and +% OA which would be stronger than + flat OA. So the difference would be mostly in phys resistance. Or am I missing something ?

That’s my point. Savagery already felt ahead of it before. Now Inquisitor/Shaman make Savagery look even better with all the procs.

No Maelstrom? Disappointing

Good Stuff

Ceno took Conviction because not only it gives OA, but physical resistance as well. If you can find another sources of reflected damage reduction, you can freely take Oleron.
Actually, my Octavius build utilizes exactly that.

Is reflection really as bad? I mean the aura is very easy to spot even in a crowd.

Not missing anything. Just Phys Resistance. That said, a 12/12 Oleron’s really only equates to about 40 more OA and more damage, as well as some generally more skillpoint options (though the build isn’t really hurting for skillpoints).

Depends on what you’re looking for. I myself prefer not instantly exploding on reflect. :slight_smile:

Well if you choose to ignore Reflect while it’s up then you’re not killing things, so in that regard you’re gimping your own clearspeeds.

It’s really that bad. As Ceno says, you can easily blow up on it, considering your high Trauma damage.
I have 55% RDR and 41% Physical Resist, so I feel fine.

Depends on how many points you pump into Oleron, really. Mine has 15, so it sits well with me to choose it instead of Conviction.

Ok, thanks for the answer. Didn’t think that reflect could be that bad ^^

I might make a test character of the markovian commando tonight to give it a go in gladiator. Has anyone tried it yet? I’ve been a sucker for the old markovian witch blade face tanking everything and I haven’t found anything remotely satisfying.