Thermite Mine

I’d like mines way better if it worked like that. I could get over slow deployment and weird placement if RR tagged targets with burn - even if it was only two seconds, a little bit of burn duration would give good enough results for kiting dot caster.

I’ve messed with Thermite Mines here and then.

I’ve gotten them to place exactly where you click, but then you can only place one at a time, rather than 3 at once. So it’s not exactly a perfect alternative.

Tbh, I’d like being able to place one at a time. Sounds boring but would be fun doing a build around Thermite mines and just walk around placing them.

But it would suck for RR, placing one at a time is… well okay but having more than 1 is way better.

How about the idea on giving duration to the RR? Or is that a no go?

I’d like mines way better if it worked like that. I could get over slow deployment and weird placement if RR tagged targets with burn - even if it was only two seconds, a little bit of burn duration would give good enough results for kiting dot caster.[/QUOTE]

Not the way stacking RR works, unfortunately.

You could do this in a mod with autocasting, but wouldn’t be able to bind Devotions to Mines anymore.

stacking RR works this way, Auras don’t. Thermite mine skill is effectively a 2m radius aura of censure that is put on when the mine hits the ground.

does this mean Grava could dispel a thermite mine?

Probably, if mines where actively targeted, which they aren’t. They only used to die to aoe effects when they weren’t immortal.

I like this idea. Probably about 2-3 second after leaving mines.

If the one mine would be larger, I would prefer this option.

May not be a perfect alternative but it would be so much better than it is now. Perhaps increased AoE and/or possibly throw speed boost(?) as compensation could mitigate the loss.

Players mainly want mines for heroes or bosses because affecting regular monsters or champions with the short range mines takes longer than it is worth. Right now to guarantee a hero/boss is affected I have to stop what I am doing and target the floor nearby to throw a mine, but this costs time and breaks combat flow. If I stayed targeted it will be down to placement RNG and I often can’t even tell if it worked by the time the fight is over.

I’d rather place/treat it like an RR focused inquisitor seal.

The only way the skill kinda work for me is for tankier ranged weapon builds, where you can draw the enemies to walk through the mines with a little positioning.

If the mechanics can’t be helped I think increasing the debuff duration like above mentioned is a very good idea.

Ideally I’d want something like that. Completely drop the bundle throwing and just make a mine (field?) appear at the target area.

It’s one of the highest level skills Demolitionist has access to, if not the highest depending on the chosen damage type. Having to take the time to jump through hoops to access part the functionality Aura of Censure has for just existing is kinda sad… :undecided:

Is it so difficult to just re-work the skill and make it actually not a pain to use?

There have been so many original ideas on this…

Also you can place 1 mine, buff 30-60 sec duration and the area of effect should be half a screen 10+ meters - problem solved.

Idea:
Cast 1 at a time, decrease summon limit to like 1 or 2 and significantly increase radius to like 5-6 meters.
Maybe add cd.

Maybe make model a bit bigger and put flame torrent on side? It can also be made spin like fire trap in titan quest and as a trade off it would have problems hitting flying enemies. That way mines could cover much bigger area

Alternatively maybe add one more synergy skill(between mines itself and chaos enhancement) that would provide additional mines per summon? I think if you could put 6-7 mines at once in a way similar to inquisitor cold rune it would be easier to use it. Or maybe even make it a trasmuter - you summon 6 mines with one cast but have 5 sec cooldown

My biggest issue with Thermite Mines:

When I use them on a single small target in melee range they just bounce back and hit nothing. If I’m lucky one of the mines is close enough to affect the target, thanks to the recently extended flame radius.
It’s no problem when it’s a large target but for example human sized nems have to be disengaged (which may be deadly when you’re leeching) and lured into the flame jet. Or you gotta throw more mines until you get lucky.

So I try to throw the mines before engaging in melee but when using something like Shadow Strike to engage that’s often not doable. Also they often don’t land where I need them so luring small enemies into the flames is pretty much how they have to be played.

Currently I’m playing a melee Firestrike Saboteur and I somewhat got used to that kind of moving around, but I wouldn’t mind any efforts to make the mines more precise or otherwise more effective.

Probably has been brought up before but here’s my suggestion:

• increase the count to 5 or more mines
  • make them spread in a circle instead of a line
  • reduce the bouncy behavior to a minimum (still gotta look realistic though)

I agree at least give the RR some duration after the initial hit. Right now this is too clunky for kite/caster build

bring back spammable mine detonations

Huh, I didn’t know they only gave a debuff when the enemy stands within it. This post helped me making a difficult decision for my 2h ranged build that I might bring out. I can do Cruci 120 potless and buffless, wonder if I can use the points wasted for thermite mines to increase other types of damage…