Things you think you are the only one doing

I’ll be 100% honest here, I actually find it very weird that Nery feels he needs to even do that. I never do that. If I have to buy any pots at all at any point in the beginning that’s usually a big sign to me that I am doing something really wrong. Very wrong. No offense to Nery but that’s my outlook.

You get so many pots from the ground there’s never a point that I feel I need to buy any… here’s my level 19 character right now…

No pots were bought at any point.

2 Likes

Well i would love to have some kind of macro ingame. Just a basic one. There is plenty of simple ideas which could be helpfull for non-piano players like myself. Because i dont like the emphasis too much on “who is the quickest” in playing piano, but thats just only me.

Thats a good advise there in general. I do it like this myself.

I make builds with levelling guides for beginners who usually want to know how to progress through levels, what skills get at which levels, etc. As a consequence of that I play without any stuff that helps level faster - no mandates, no exp potions, no merits, no sequence breaking, no crucible bootstrapping. No stuff that a beginner isn’t supposed to do or know of. Also no stuff a beginner isn’t supposed to have at given level - basically no twinking. It’s super irrational but it’s to ensure the guide will be smooth for people who follow it.

7 Likes

Wow. Thats harsh.

I would patch out all health potions from traders.

Well, I don’t know that I would go that far. There are complete noobs to the game (or this “type” of game) that need it to be there til they figure out how to not need them. Plus at higher levels you actually CAN eat thru pots like crazy.

The beginning tho… eh, once you know what you’re doing you definitely don’t need to be buying any at that point.

1 Like

Nice, i try to do that in general. And therefore i hate the bounty system.

Thats quite interesting. The game is too easy for you no?

Which one?

I just love the highly mobile melee/caster hybrid playstyle and the available Acid/Poison devotions. Witch Hunter might not be the strongest dual wielding class but for me it is by far the most fun to play while still being highly effective.

Generally speaking I like Acid/Poison damage the most because it works well for everything I want to farm.

1 Like

Thanks, now i get it. Thats very nice from you. I like that.

Wow, both i was really sure that i am a minority there.
Full playthrough is timeconsuming. I thought most wanna rush to Ultimate.

And what i like about Veteran is, besides the slower pace, is the fact that if you are flying through Veteran than your build is at least not bad. I want challenge from start.

1 Like

Nice. I have a cold/blue fetish going on. But not only.

1 Like

Yea it’s hard to say what statistics would be. Personally I would think that most repeat players do wind up as “rushers” but I feel that full playthru types like us aren’t completely rare tho. The “OCD” is real :wink:

Yup. If your build is feeling strong by the end of Veteran and you’re not dying alot or anything like that and bosses and heroes are dropping kinda fast, then it’s a pretty good sign that you’ve been attentive to building your character properly and it will be able to make the transition to Elite with little issue.

2 Likes

In the wee hours of the morning, after the Taken has driven through that nefarious Warden Krieg and that treacherous Darius Cronley, you can find me skulking about their lairs. Sifting through the carnage left in the Taken’s wake, perusing things they’ve been too fleet of foot to pick up and scuttle off with. For it is I, the Crystal Collector, that knows the true value of that sparkling green glint.

/s

Pretty sure I’m the only guy that likes Dryad and the only guy that has set out to make a Cadence build using every weapon in the game.

4 Likes

I buy them in level 3 or 4, to not run dry against bosses. I also tried leveling quickly and until I can get some defense, count on health potions not to die. And in my last 10 characters leveled 1 to 100, I have no more than 2 or 3 deaths combined, so that’s why I left this one at the topic - it’s weird, not wrong. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Well I suppose if you’re mega-rushing bosses at ultra-low levels then I could see it maybe being an issue :wink:

3 Likes

Bleeding.

@Ceno:
Nope, I really like Dryad, too. :blush:

1 Like

Impossible. You can’t make the cunning number really big without Dryad. Big number = good build.

2 Likes
  1. I only play 1 character on every game, and spend all the time with it, not exclusive to grim dawn.

I started to play grim dawn on 20th March and spent +400 hours. I only played my blademaster. I got all required drops for main build with really good rolls, nearly all items for all builds mentioned, tried nearly all pierce builds on the forum for blademaster. And I still strongly about there is a lot more to discover, try and master.

It is not exclusive for Grim Dawn;

I played Diablo only with warrior and finished the game 2-3 times.

I played Diablo 2 + LoD almost exclusively with paladin. (I guess i spend +3000 hours on diablo 2 and Lod, %98 of the time I played with smite paladin, tried different weapons, armors, other %2 goes to frenzy barbie, summoner necro and cobra assassin on single player)

I played WoW TBC and brief Cata only with mage. No alts, no twinks (now hold your dirty minds, I mean low level alt specificaly built for low lvl pvp, not the genre on filthy websites)
Well for TBC it was nearly impossible to make any other char cuz I was raiding with Semi-Hardcore guild with 1 day off and 6 hours of raiding per day. Instead of making an alt I spent spare time for theorycrafting, reading and posting on website called elitist-jerks.

I played vanilla diablo 3 only with WW and HotA barbie respectively. Spent nearly 2000 hours.
On RoS expension I almost exlusively played with Sader. Spent nearly same time with barbie.

And now, I’ve been playing grim dawn only with blademaster and I don’t have any desire to make any other char so far.

1. I always use all avaliable consumables for progressing.

2. I only listen to thrash metal, mostly crossover thrash while doing SR, Crucible and used to listen to same genre while running Grifts on D3

2 Likes