Things you think you are the only one doing

I always side with Solael’s gang in FG. It is the most straitforward and fast way to play it. I also always side with Outcasts and Barrowholm.

1 Like

Ha! I like doing that, and then being like “At ease, brothers and sisters.”

1 Like

i always go friendly with both both factions (Order/Kymon) and the faction i go friendly with on Vet(usually Kymon) i spend like, idono, a milliion, or something bits buying a lot of all their augments - incl the low lvl augments, not just the lvl 70 armor augs.
^This despite me knowing i will never use them and obviously there are better jewellery especially with the expansion augments - i just “need” that safety backup stock in stash now that i’m hostile with them and can’t buy it again, “just in case” :rofl:

1 Like

I always ask Captain Somer what the Black Legion is, in every playthrough, with Revered reputation, just to hear her “You are joking, right?”. Also, I killed Anasteria only once for achievement, she is a nice crone to talk :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

I don’t think that is a thing. Chances are that something else healed Cally (a random healer mob from outside your field of vision perhaps)

I have fought Callagadra for like an hour before (it was a skeleton pet build :woman_shrugging:) without it ever healing once. I am sure that is more than 1 ingame day.

2 Likes

I’m sort of similar. I always talk to Praetorian Zedlee at Homestead before heading out the gate and have a look at Gogo’s gravestone in Tyran’ts Hold before I click on the shrine there.

2 Likes

It was definitely longer than an hour for me (I’d say near 2) and I assure you that in my running path, there was nothing alive as I cleared it beforehand (the entirety of the desert area around the altar and the first half of the docks). I was only running and attacked only when both Overguard and Ascension were up which is the only time where I could afford to stand next to the boss and get a few attacks in (still had to dodge the wing flaps). Once they expired, it was back to running again for the duration of the cooldown. Sometimes even longer when I also had to wait for a tonic to come up if I got hit by something while running.

And it was as I said originally. Suddenly healed to full from almost dead. It was definitely a reset of some kind, most likely time based. 100% it was not a heal from someone.

2 Likes

I see. Kudos for still going back and killing it :+1:

I never run Port Valbury. It’s the only part of the game I haven’t seen at least once. I go just far enough to get the Devotion Shrine, I’ve never used a skeleton key there and continued with it.
I cannot stand aether ground f/x…So glad there isn’t auto-damage ground stuff for every damage type.
It’s really the only part of the game that annoys me to the point of anxiety, lol.

Some weird things I always do when playing:
-I break every grandfather clock I see/hear.
-I read all the lore notes, because they are interesting and well written, IMO.
-I never rotate the camera, even though I should sometimes.
-I’ll base a new build around a great item an old build finds (I bet a lot of players do this).
-I really don’t like pistols…They seem very underpowered compared to all the other options.

6 Likes

Well no ones mentioned one of mine yet so maybe I am the only one that does it :stuck_out_tongue: Otherwise I think most of my ‘odd’ things are fairly common

I dont use dual classes till I max out every skill I take (even those people only ever take a single point in). and that means I still dont have any dual class chars
I dont do any kinda planning out (ever) except for the minimal of “Im going to try ranged/melee/pet build” and go from there.
I also only do full play throughs, though I still only have a single char in Ult and a couple in Elite so far.
I also always try to be nice when Im running around the place, helping everyone I can and give Direni a second chance even if I know I have to kill him later.

Some interesting things people have thought are strange though, never would have thought of some of them and others I certainly dont think are wierd :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah yes, the dreaded Port Valbury !!
I also used to avoid it like the plague after I battled to finish the whole dungeon the first time.

I have since learned that it is quite a nice and very doable run if you do it at the correct time.
It is also an excellent source for replenishing Aether crystals and clusters.

Anasteria gives you the quest early on in the campaign at Fort Icon.
This is NOT the best time to attempt do this quest.
I always go ahead and finish AOM and FG and then come back for the PV run.

By this time you are usually at the peak of the relative level you are on and PV is not as difficult as you first remembered and even the ground effects are easy to avoid and do not become issues and you definitely will have enough damage to drop those last 3 annoying level bosses.

However, as far as “things I think I am the only one doing”, I do obsess about collecting Leovinus’ Ring at each level for each character from the hidden FG area even though I have like +60 of them already.

1 Like

Same here, this is ridiculous!
100 of most important ones, and 50 minor ones.

I hated Port Valbury so much, that now i have to kill them all.
Its a kind of a revenge. Full of rage.

you are kidding me, i do that too.

Same.

all guns are gone - me

interesting, i like it

seems like quite a few people destroy the clocks, myself included. I just can’t stand that constant ticking, it drives me crazy :rage: IRL too, I banned all analogue clocks from my place :smile:

1 Like

It’s not totally useless, its free ancient heart…

1 Like

Yep me too, irrational hatred of those ticking clocks, they all die (no IRL hate tho). I hate those few that can’t be destroyed :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I think I’m the only one that decided Soldier is a fun class only after 2500+ hours of playing, having almost completely avoided it previously.

1 Like

I dont play any melee builds. Or close to melee castor builds. Or long cd piano castor builds. Basically i play ranged AA and ranged caster AA.

And i have weird fascination with pass through, shotgun, and i go into full stupid mode when i get both of them on one char. When i get both AND some mechanic that abuses both and then it proceed to get nerfed i get real mad.
Probably why i would never post any of my fav builds. Not that they are good, but that someone make use of some part and actually make them good and then my builds end up dead due to collateral damage.

1 Like

It’s not uncommon.But i play only passive builds.Reason being,I am left handed and i play on a controller.I play dawn of masteries.I am not fast enough to spam loads of spells.I am little getting use to it but i am not fluent and in DoM slow hands = dead.

1 Like

I know about GDStash but refuse to use it.

4 Likes