This game has 0 balance. OMG is it unbalanced!

Everything else aside, I have to agree with OP on this one. If it wasn’t for the community, I wouldn’t have even known that there are 3 different kinds of RR…

Grim dawn doesn’t provide much information interms of mechanics and stuff. Hell, I only knew of different pets having different stats and stuff because of the wiki and now GT’s Pet db.

1 Like

Oh I’m not saying that GD doesn’t have its complexities but you certainly don’t need tons of guides and videos to do well.

I will give this much on that front tho: I would like to see Crate implement an in-game version of the game guide.

1 Like

Yeah, I think this is what need to be covered in GD2 if any.

Also, I would like to have a bestiary for all the enemy we have met. It’s fun to read the history and lore behind each of them

2 Likes

Agreed. I’ve secretly wanted that as well for a long time.

Well, the good news is… they’re still working on the game. As long as that’s happening there’s still hope for the little things.

1 Like

Oh please…no Bestiary like Witcher…

Just kidding…would be awesome! Like reading it so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I don’t know if I agree about 2H Ranged being all crap. I’m by no means a great player, but I followed x1x2’s
guide for his Runic Bolts Tactician, it has been very strong in campaign excellent against Nemeses, and very good in Crucible for me as someone that barely touches Crucible. It’s very satisfying standing ground against Kuba, for instance, not having to kite at all.

Is it too late for me to jump into the hot topic?

@Snazzblaster: Why not, mate? :stuck_out_tongue:

@Ganishka: Look man. We all want to help here. This game, as you’ve noted, is hard as heck. But I would suggest turning that critical gaze of your unto yourself first, before you start playing the blame game.

Maybe there’s something wrong with your build, maybe there isn’t. But it’s always a good place to start IMO.

op, maybe you should post your build that you think feels weak. then maybe the builders here can give you some useful suggestions to improve your experience.

afaik, internal trauma is one of the strongest damage in the game. coupled with physical damage, which is also very good at clearing most contents in game, will make any builds that utilize those two damage reach end game ascendancy easily.

1 Like

I missed too.:laughing:

Its actually pretty weak

I don’t :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So called “experts” on this game trying to give me advices while they aren’t even agreeing with each other…

Been like that for the whole topic.

I don’t need advices when my melee commando cleared his way to ultimate almost twice as fast than my 2H Ranged focused Grenado in 2017. What advices did you want to give back then? That if you started out back then you should have stayed away from ranged? lol thanks I wish I knew it.

The fact of the matter is without knowledge Tanky builds used to be much faster/easier to play. That is all. So you either use a guide or prepare to suffer with 2H Ranged. No counter argument.

I would appreciate it if you weren’t so snide and condescending.

But brushing past that…just because a damage type is weaker than others in general, doesn’t mean it can’t be powerful.

For example, acid damage is in a bad spot, but are there top tier builds for it? You betcha. Namely, ya1’s famous vileblade acid dervish.

Moving on to physical damage…

@ceno:

But that doesn’t mean that ALL physical damage builds are piss poor. E.g. Warborn Warlords are strong as hell.

When I called physical damage weak, I was looking at it solely in a vacuum.

EDIT: @ganishka - last, but certainly not least, it just seems that you aren’t interested in an actual, productive conversation. Seems to me that you’re merely looking for inconsistencies in the discussion here to nitpick at them. Kinda like an opportunistic predator.

I figured out this much earlier but i gave him the benefit of the doubt and tried to genuinely help him. Then of course he’s just interested in his little extremely narrow view of balance and just came to complain and flat out ignore arguments that clearly refute most of what he says.

2 Likes

Probably in the beginning when you have no idea what you’re doing, sure.

But in the long run, and armed with proper game mechanics, you’ll be able to power level a DPS build without the use of a guide.

So the only thing stopping you here, @ganishka, is your own ignorance born from your innate pride/stubborness.

Tanky builds would always be easier to play, than glass cannons. If not - there would be no point in making build tankier, leading to arcade “oneshot meta” imbalance (like in PoE). And no, tanky builds are NOT faster than “glass cannons” (assuming both built properly).

I agree, ranged attack builds are generally weaker than melee or casters. But that’s solely because ranged weapons, their gear and skills, are weak. Look, there are caster skills, that have no less range than ranged weapons & skill. AAR, for example. It has long range, yet it can be made into facetanking build, dealing high DPS at the same time.
And, BTW, if you dont use a guide, there are good chaces you will suffer for a while anyways, even with “strong” skill.

What’s even worse is that he, from what i’m gathering, used Mythical Adversary as an actual 2H Ranged weapon and not the caster weapon that it truly is. It has no attack speed, it just fails on a very basic level for 2H Ranged. And it’s clearly meant for caster builds.

So thinking 2H Ranged sucks because you used a weapon for the playstyle it’s not made for is ridiculous.

1 Like

What can you do.

@ganishka - You want to do a commando? Go valdun’s. It won’t be optimal because you have 0 pierce RR from your innate mastry combination, but it’d be a heck a lot stronger than what you have.

maybe i’m just reminiscing the past when octavian warlord are being lauded as op due to huge internal trauma damage. physical damage are still pretty strong imo due to its accessibility and jack of all trades nature (there’s no enemies that is totally immune to physical damage). not to mention that builds prioritizing physical damage are generally pretty tanky (at least for most part of the game). still, builders can offer more specific input to current state of physical damage. i’m just a softcore casual ultimate player.

2hranged commando seems to the build you want to improve. if you focus on grenado, imo that means you are playing a caster build. not 2h ranged auto attack build. for me 2h auto attack builds rely a lot on attack speed to make them relevant. 2h builds imo needs more tuning and specific gears to enhance their survivability and dps, due to lacking second weapon/shield/utility slots.

1 Like