This game has 0 balance. OMG is it unbalanced!

Lol. Did @Ganishka change the OP

EDIT: There was definitely something about him being unable to make a grenado commando work, but it’s gone. :confused:

Look mate, all i was going to suggest was you post some examples of your underperforming GT’s so we can objectively assess if there indeed is a problem with the game, or if there is a problem with your theorycrafting

These guys…

When will you guys admit that some builds used to be much faster / easier to level than others? “oh it’s badly built”. Yeah ok. That’s why for my first two or three runs to ultimate, cadence/blitz + forcewave tremor was much faster than 2H Ranged Commando? Yeah yeah, badly built. That’s why after a while I checked on this website in the build compendium and I couldn’t find a single strong 2H Ranged build?

give me 10 minutes. Let me post a video of my self-found ritualist levelling without lokarr’s set, and using faction bought gear

First, Grenado Commando with Mythical Adversary is only 2H Ranged in name - it’s a caster build. Not a traditional 2H Ranged. If you are actually use it as an actual 2H Ranged, that actually explains a lot.

Second, how about you send a GT link instead of claiming stuff without evidence? It would help a lot actually in discovering the real root of the problem.

Third, 2H Ranged builds not being posted on a forum that is a fraction of the fanbase is evidence of nothing. And for your information, two very strong 2H Ranged builds exist right now that are posted on the forum. There, go play them if you go by with what is posted on a forum.

And about leveling characters - vitality caster leveling is so much faster than 2H FW Soldier builds is not even funny.

The feedback the devs want is from people posting builds that they think are struggling. That’s how they improve things. Saying stuff like “2H ranged sucks” or “Soldier is broken” is not actual feedback because the devs can’t do anything with this. You have to point out specific examples.

1 Like

I am talking about 2017, when I started. At that time no, I didn’t know this weapon was for caster.

That’s basically one of the point I made: without guides/ video guides, you will not be able to play this overly complex game.

Now in 2019 I just came back and the only 2H ranged char I have is a vindicator, and it still disappoints me.

So to play ranged you only have one viable duo class which is the purifier? No Tac/ Vindi and so on?

Why not buffing the sets/ weapon sets of said classes then?

1 Like
  1. Video is uploading in youtube. In the time I was away, I more-or -less gained one full level.

2. This game has always been advertised as a hardcore ARPG. If you don’t want to take the time to learn the mechanics, who else can you blame your ignorance on? And I’m not disparaging your or anyone else’s decision to play this game casually, I’m disparaging your unrealistic expectations that the difficulty of the game be catered to your own personal whims and fancies when you KNEW this was a hardcore ARPG.

3. Secondly, there are PLENTY of viable ranged sets. I’ve made a few myself. They are by no means top tier, but they are EXCELLENT. Darkblaze pyro, pierce-runebolt infiltrator, harbinger deceiver, etc etc.

My first two builds were a complete disaster. The game has a rather big learning curve.

You can play the game just fine without guides, but it does lack transparency in some of its mechanics. But in a way, that’s one of the fun things about the game. Learning basically each day is a fun prospect.

Sometimes i wish i could unlearn everything i learned from the game and start over. Just to have the same experience as i did while playing my first few builds.

My 2H ranged Vindicator with Primal Strike is doing perfectly and it’s actually pretty strong.

If you mention specific examples along with the builds that are struggling with them, i’m sure the devs can do something. Valdun and Desolator got much better recently due to community feedback.

@Ganishka:

Tsk, tsk. Such a peculiar word that - viable. And used without any care whatsoever. Just about everything can be made viable in GD.

So, all this time and I’ve been doing it wrong. I haven’t been paying any attention to people’s guides or videos at all.

1 Like

As shown in the video - demonstrably false

Everything else aside, I have to agree with OP on this one. If it wasn’t for the community, I wouldn’t have even known that there are 3 different kinds of RR…

Grim dawn doesn’t provide much information interms of mechanics and stuff. Hell, I only knew of different pets having different stats and stuff because of the wiki and now GT’s Pet db.

1 Like

Oh I’m not saying that GD doesn’t have its complexities but you certainly don’t need tons of guides and videos to do well.

I will give this much on that front tho: I would like to see Crate implement an in-game version of the game guide.

1 Like

Yeah, I think this is what need to be covered in GD2 if any.

Also, I would like to have a bestiary for all the enemy we have met. It’s fun to read the history and lore behind each of them

2 Likes

Agreed. I’ve secretly wanted that as well for a long time.

Well, the good news is… they’re still working on the game. As long as that’s happening there’s still hope for the little things.

1 Like

Oh please…no Bestiary like Witcher…

Just kidding…would be awesome! Like reading it so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I don’t know if I agree about 2H Ranged being all crap. I’m by no means a great player, but I followed x1x2’s
guide for his Runic Bolts Tactician, it has been very strong in campaign excellent against Nemeses, and very good in Crucible for me as someone that barely touches Crucible. It’s very satisfying standing ground against Kuba, for instance, not having to kite at all.

Is it too late for me to jump into the hot topic?

@Snazzblaster: Why not, mate? :stuck_out_tongue:

@Ganishka: Look man. We all want to help here. This game, as you’ve noted, is hard as heck. But I would suggest turning that critical gaze of your unto yourself first, before you start playing the blame game.

Maybe there’s something wrong with your build, maybe there isn’t. But it’s always a good place to start IMO.

op, maybe you should post your build that you think feels weak. then maybe the builders here can give you some useful suggestions to improve your experience.

afaik, internal trauma is one of the strongest damage in the game. coupled with physical damage, which is also very good at clearing most contents in game, will make any builds that utilize those two damage reach end game ascendancy easily.

1 Like

I missed too.:laughing: