This game should have a tag BDSM on steam

Ohhhhh but i disagree :smiley:

The game have a smartloot, but an evil one…

1 Like

Also have a look at this Trozan Warlock by @Monceaux , all gear is target farmable / buyable and most have Cold / Frostburn on it Warlock, Level 100 (GD 1.1.7.2) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator ([1.1.9.2][Guide] Trozan's Ice Shards - A cold Warlock Beginner Guide)

2 Likes

I understand that, tqFan and Nery were really helpful on the subject.

That was not my point though, i just wanted to know, why 90% of green item i loot are specificly a damage that i don’t use.

I bet you that if i restart the game and play let say a fire demolitionist, every green i’ll loot it’ll be +cold damage :smiley:

Sell the bitches and buy some MI gear that has the damage type your looking for.

1 Like

What are those MI you talk about?

I think that I answered that way up in the thread near the beginning, no?

There is no general smart loot, aside from items being more likely to roll affixes of their own damage types, in order to encourage you to make more characters. It is never going to be “one character” oriented.

Of course, I realize that doesn’t help those like you who have restart-itis lol.

3 Likes

Rougelike dungeons have vendors, they all sell various weaponry.

1 Like

Techically you could filter items by their damage and live in your imaginary land where all items are suited to you I think but I wouldn’t recommend that as $$$ can be useful and % damage is not be-all and end-all outside of Crucible.

3 Likes

Yes you had already respond that, but i never imagine that would be at that point. If i needed to store every good item for every damage type i loot, i’ll need a 100000000000000 square stash :smiley:

You don’t need to store level 20 items for next char.

2 Likes

That’s why people have made mods for that :smiley: Item Assistant and GD Stash. But yes also you don’t need to stash low-level items generally.

3 Likes

So that settled, the game hates me, noted.

1 Like

First you need to level to 100 because low level items don’t need to be kept.

2 Likes

That’s why GD divides 2 seperate loot pools: one totally random (to encourage you create new chars) and one predictable (the MIs). Once you get used to it, you can always farm to build a budget char that gears fully support your dmg type.

2 Likes

That settled, i just added the tag BDSM on steam, could made some new people buy it :smiley:

3 Likes

ngl, seeing a mention then the thread’s title got me curious

2 Likes

this reminds me of soldier’s wands or pierce maces that sprung up from time to time in shops. derpy roll affixes that made me laugh. there’s also someone in the forum that nag about alkamos ring farming frustration in the past. not to mention the times when some loots have the exact name & rolls stats with some items i already had.

1 Like