This game should have a tag BDSM on steam

Hey,

This game want to hurt me, and seems to enjoy it…

EVERY class i tried, everytime i loot some good blue, it’s for another mastery, another total spec. This game wants me to suffer, it’s the only explanation… :smiley:

You should try Diablo 2 sometime. You’ll rate it as BDSM+++++ no doubt!

2 Likes

I played it for way too many years :smiley: But this one is more sneaky.

In D2, when you looted a shako, you could put it on lots of different build, here i’m not sure the 2H axe fire damage will help my pet conjurer :smiley:

Hah! There wasn´t even a shared stash in D2 if I´m not wrong.
All the times I hosted a game, dropped the weapon, and rejoined in a hasty haste with the avatar of my demand, hoping the session won’t close xD.
Brave new TQ / caravan driver / GD !

2 Likes

Well, there is only one solution for this problem you know.

Make more characters for that gear :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

No, i can’t.

I don’t know if it’s something wrong in my brain or something but i CAN’T have more than 1 char till i finished eveything in game. If i do more than 1 at a time, i’ll stay at the char selection screen for hours trying to decide which one to play and finish by not playing at all.

I’m weird but it is how it is :smiley:

Nah nothing wrong with you, I understand! I’m actually like that in other games, too. Normally I like focusing on only one character at a time.

Grim Dawn is special- it’s literally the first game where I have like 10000 characters and I’ve played all of them a lot. It is designed that way, to encourage you to make more characters, so that’s why the “not smart” loot system might make you feel like “OMG, why am I getting all this random crap.” :smiley:

Man I love this game.

Also keep that gear anyway, you never know if you might want to make another toon after you’ve finished everything you want to on your first one!

2 Likes

Yeah, but to loot Shako you’d need to play on Hell and farm Andy / Meph for a coupla hours, and you’ll be level 70+ by that point most probably!

So basically loot in D2 and GD is a bit different. In D2 drop chances are lower and chances of you getting something for your CURRENT build is also low. In GD loot drops from all over, but there’s a lot more of unique items, which in return also means that getting THAT item for THAT build is lower. But! Unlike D2, GD’s items are designed in such a way that multiple builds can make use of it - be it different mastery combos and/or damage types. Sometimes you can get shit on a stick for a long time, but after that you can be getting one item after another that would fit you, and you’ll be like “OH MY” every 10 minutes.

4 Likes

Yeah i understand you.

But for now, i loot like 25 blue, and everytime i say OH MY !! but it was not for my build :smiley:

Maybe one day, i’ll have something great for my little pet. It’s only lvl 20+ though so i’m not worried, the thread was just a little joke to the game

i thought the thread title had something to do with the bloodsworn cults and chthonians, because they’re the master of bdsm+ in grimverse.

rng is better at bdsm than them though.

3 Likes

Seriously, please tell me i’m not crazy.

This game have multiple layers of RNG right?

You literally don’t loot what you need, it’s just magical, it’s the word…

I did a callidor (fire) arcanist till level 30ish, 90% of the item i loot was +% cold damage.
I did a shaman primal strike (lightning) till level 20ish, 90% of the item i loot was +% vitality damage
I did an occultist bloody pox/sigil (vitality) till level 20 ish, 90% of the item i loot was +% lightning damage
Now i have a trozan (cold) arcanist lvl 25, 90% of the items i loot are +% fire damage…

Any way to disable this devil code in some .ini file or something?

At that point, there is not even lube, let’s go full dry

You just need to go to church more often. :wink:

1 Like

Fair amount of RNG involved, yes. But there’s certain MI’s that support different skills; these items have a greater chance to roll at least common affixes that support said damage type. So say for Primal Strike, there is Korvan Storm Halberd. It usually drops Charged of Alacrity, or something with lightning damage.

1 Like

You don’t need %damage on most of your gear at low level - you fill in the gaps with devotion, components with appropriate damage etc.

On weapons you can get it if you farm MIs for your build.

I’m leveling RoH atm, here at 26 you can see very few items with % damage.
Infiltrator, Level 26 (GD 1.1.9.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

2 Likes

I understand you all and i will go read the RNGesus bible lol.

But about the 2 other comment, why give me majority of item with damage that i don’t use?

I just start act 2, i had 7 green in the 1st pack with the little champion. ALL of the green item was +fire damage… i should had made a screenshot to prove i’m not crazy

Cause game hates you. Just wait till you start farming MI’s for specific affixes.

1 Like

This game simply doesn’t have smart loot - but if you want you can get items with your damage type a bit later. % Cold / Frostborn Faction items, MIs also have higher probablity for affixes with damage types native to them.

2 Likes

That’s a really helpful answer, thank you.

Now i know that i’m not crazy

1 Like

Nope not crazy. But try to keep your sanity for the lower levels at least, it’s not too bad.

And there are lots of purple builds for endgame, so you don’t even have to torture yourself with MI farming.

Because you are newbie and you still dont comprehend the loot pool system. Beside blue, there’re plenty of MIs that easily to target farming for the special ones which suit your char.
For example:
If you want CT Arcanist, Kyzogg is the monster you have to do farming to get his fire CT offhand that supports your build
A lightning shaman for reckless, so this axe from Animated Statues is the one you need to farm.
And so on…
I feel your complain, but you still need to learn a lot, things go well if you have the knowledge.

2 Likes