Time to make all the rest of 4-piece set to support 3 masteries

You’re generally not too easy to hit with 30% fumble and 20% dodge, so popping a potion during your stun will usually let you come out of it with enough health to hit blade barrier or pneumatic burst. Same goes for life steal, since you’re tankier than you look with all the soldier and nightblade defenses.

Belgo should stay blademaster. It’s the only class that fits the theme.

I’m not against templar on spellscourge but only because I like templar.

I prefer Oathkeeper than inq on Darkblaze. It’s the only set that makes better non inq have better ranged than inq builds. Let’s not involve inquisitor in this set.

I like the mines suggestion on vanquisher now that mine is getting buffed. I wanna see crate make vindictive flame a viable offensive skill tho.

Btw fluff did share a link on that 2h vanquisher. It’s somewhere on my skater thread.

Wouldn’t those sets then feel… bloated?

I mean, you can’t take away any of the stats currently on them to make way for the new ones. That would be a straight up nerf for pet builds and I am against doing that just so that they could have non pet stats.

Hybrids don’t work. Atleast no one in the community seem to be able to make them work. And I don’t want existing sets to be butchered just to have another go at making Hybrids a viable build archetype. Personally I am perfectly fine with hybrids not being viable as the alternative would be too drastic of a change that will take more than changing a few stats on sets to be viable without breaking anything.

The problem with the Kitty is that while it is strong, it does a weird mix of damage and has too much of a cooldown unless you focus heavily on it. Lost Souls Ritualists are going to be terrible since you are lacking all the Occultist support and all that in return for a single pet that will be doing Vitality damage and will be cooldown like half the time. I rather see it remain as it is, but with some buffs to the set or Vitality pets in general instead.

If it comes across as me being against change in general, it is because I kind of am. Personally I prefer changes to have some sort of purpose or reason behind them. And if the reason is simply so that they can be in line with the new sets or just for the sake of change itself, I can’t support that.

This would not require any nerfs to existing aspects of the set because the only current use case is Cabalist. Primal Spirit support is entirely orthogonal as currently both Conjurers and Ritualists are bad with the set.

True, but I rather see the set buffed for its current use rather than the “buff” be support for Primal Spirit.
I am fine with it being a Cabalist set just like Beastcaller’s is for Conjurers.

That probably has no chance of becoming OP so that’d be fine by me as well.

@banana_peel use blood rager + Nadaan’s Reach. Pierce bleed hybrid.

I have other things in mind, no inquisitor support is no go for me, but thanks for the tip.

Btw that set is exactly a type of thing i’d wanna see more of. Powerful 2 and 3 piece bonuses, features two types of dmg, supports 3 masteries.

Inq support? you said a blademaster. 2h pierce blademaster, with those items works incredibly.

If you read earlier comments, i was talking about lack of general tactician support in sets as well as 2H pierce. But even if we theorize on Blademaster - Bloodrager is focused on bleed, for a pierce focus this set is not optimal. It means different devotion path and even different playstyle, i’d say.

I’ll only comment on the Sets I played enough to have a grasp on them:

Allagast Masterpiece
No for SJ added. I think some Sets should stay 2 class only, for the class identity. You’re right about the state of the Set though.

The Blood Knight
I’d see more a Shaman (Grasping Vines) or Oathkeeper (GoE) as an inclusion.

Dagallon’s Destruction
Yes. Oathkeeper seems obvious.

Dark one’s Gift
Yes. Moar for RE.

The Infernal’s Champion
No. johnsmith’s build was good partly because Oathkeeper defence is OP and he had to make suboptimal gear choices to have relevant physical resistance. BWC damage is still underwhelming imo. Inquisitor would be a good choice for 3rd.

Valdun’s Betrayal
Yes for the state of the build. Any elemental to pierce high conversion would enable a lot of possibilities.

The Vanquisher
Yes. I also made a Vanquisher Shieldbreaker with Thermite Mines and Vire’s Might as the 2 main abilities. It was a meme at the release of FG but could be now a reliable build, who knows.

Trust me, it’s god tier. You end up being about equal parts bleed and pierce with no real loss. With the devotion being pierce focused.

While I’m here, is there anything good about the demolitionist side of the Agrivix set? Because that is something I’d like to see utilized.

Both mines and Arcanist should be better in new patch, but so far don’t see much incentive to play Sorc with Agrivix.

I want Agrivix or Vanquishee burn CT Sorceress :stuck_out_tongue:

You know, Grenado doesn’t have a set. This might be the place to finally make it happen.

1 Like

I should like to mention that Agrivix makes Vindictive Flame surprisingly effective in crucible: when aether RR was introduced to Thermite Mines, I toyed with a silly “aetherial bowler” that used it with converted Seekers+Currents, and it cleared Crucible in about 7:30. Not a grand achievement or particularly fun to play, but not obviously worth scrapping either.

Barrelsmith + Rimetongue.

Barrelsmith is a couple of guns and Rimetongue is cold grenado. I mean something closer to base grenado, like fire grenado.

Alternatively aether grenado. Last I checked the grenado builds aren’t great. @Pareto I’d scrap that for fire or aether grenado any day! But show me? I want to see how that same build can hold up in SR.

I scrapped the build, but it looks like a more polished version turned up on the forums recently: [1.1.3.0] Arcane Decree of Agrivix - Aether Caster Defiler ~7:00min crucible (c+)(sr). I don’t remember my own setup exactly, but this one is definitely better.

I take back what I said, grenado will need to find another home. I’m happy with the build you just posted and look forward to making it :slight_smile: , though it’s a shame people can’t make the set do its thing as a sorc. Defiler woot