*tinfoil head on* Outcast Secret possibly bugged?!

So either I have UNREAL bad RNG or the item is actually bugged atm, bugged as in drop chance is next to zero or it just doesnt drop at all atm.
Now you may wonder: “Why would this person say that?”
The answer is simple:
I have been farming for the Outcast’s Secret helmet the entire weekend!
I’ve been droping tons of blue outcast hoods (aprox 2 1/2 stash tabs just full with them!)
Now you should understand why this post.
Not even sure if Gameplay Discussions is the right forum area to this in but I guess it is cuz I’m not sure if its a bug or not.
Has anyone else been farming for it and experienced something different?
Also I’m playing vanilla, so NON modded Grim Dawn.
Owning all DLCs.

Cheers, Mergo! :slight_smile:

Newsflash: Anasteria helmet has been nerfed to irrelevance. For Agrivix CT spam, Maw of Despair has always been better defensively. Now it’s also better offensively.

Unless you’re bent on making a niche Devastation focused build, Anasteria helmet is really not worth the grind.

And yeah, drop rate is crazy. This is for hardcore farmers.

Same can be said of a lot of the legendary monster mis. I finally found a decree of malmouth after killing the trio probably well over a thousand times (I use them as an early test on my builds before taking them into crucible) Granted that is terrible luck, but still goes to show it is possible

Yeah, I’ve been farming the Deathstalker literally forever but am yet to see the relic :frowning:

I’ve only ever seen annie’s hood drop once in crucible

According to people Annie’s helm can drop in Crucible, haven’t see it. But probably legendary MI’s have very low chance to drop even outside of main campaign :thinking:

It’s just funny cuz according to grimtools the blue outcast hood has a 9% chance to drop while the purple has a 6% chance… yet I had 3 tabs full with blue hoods and not a single purple. #FeelsOkMan

Also I’m indeed working on a niche build… so yeah… more “happy” farming I guess…

L75 version dropped for me the week before AoM released… only time I’ve ever seen it.

I’ve seen 4 MQCs and 2 decrees since then.

Yes. A LOT

No. The drop rate is abysmally low.

Exactly the same here. It seems more like 90% chance for the Outcast Hood and 0.6% chance for the Outcast Secret to drop. Ok that’s a bit hyberbolic but 9% and 6%? No way this can be right.

edit: just did 30 consecutive runs. This is what Anasteria dropped (not including random items from the hero loot bubble)

Summary
  1. nothing
  2. nothing
  3. Outcast’s Hood
  4. nothing
  5. Tainted Brain Matter
  6. nothing
  7. nothing
  8. Tainted Brain Matter
  9. Tainted Brain Matter
  10. nothing
  11. Tainted Brain Matter
  12. nothing
  13. nothing
  14. nothing
  15. nothing
  16. nothing
  17. nothing
  18. nothing
  19. Tainted Brain Matter
  20. nothing
  21. nothing
  22. nothing
  23. nothing
  24. nothing
  25. nothing
  26. nothing
  27. Tainted Brain Matter
  28. nothing
  29. nothing
  30. nothing

Tainted Brain Matter drop rate of 20% is exactly on point, but usually I get more Hoods during such a grind session. I’ve done a lot of these Outcast grinds, once I even got 4 Hoods in a row. I know this proves nothing but this is more or less my experience since day 1. When I read on GT that Hood and Secret drop rates are only 3% apart, I couldn’t believe it. I still don’t…

Yeah I also dont believe the droprates listed there.
And I heavily agree with the 0,6% instead of 6%.
Had another guy I know through trading help me farm for it after we talked a bit just how insanely rare this helm seems to be.
I got it now (he droped it after countless runs too…) but still…
If anything I think the droprate of that helm is pure BS and needs to be adjusted IMO.