Tinkerer suffix (allow socketing 2 component on 1 equipment) idea from titan quest atlantis?

i’ve seen some comments in the past about making 2handed weapons socketable with 2 components instead of just one.

recently, i’ve seen that titan quest had implemented this idea in equipmentss dropped or bought in atlantis dlc.

what is tinkerer suffix in titan quest atlantis

those equipments have tinkerer suffix, which allow 2 components (such as essence of achilles + venom sac) to be inserted into those equipments. this also provides interesting theories for tinkerer focused builds in titan quest atlantis.

in the future, will grim dawn (or the sequel) also try to experiment with this idea?

maybe instead of tinkerer suffix, grim dawn could have a unique jack-of-all-trade set which is comprised of items with unique tinkerer suffix only provided to them, so that player could experiment with tinkerer builds utilizing this tinkerer set combined with whatever combinations of components, augments, and other equipments they want. i got this idea from torchligh 2’s asphyx set, which give -health regen penalty but also have extra socket slots in each equipments of that set.

or maybe just give the tinkerer suffix to all yellow/green 2h weapons if they roll with that suffix, but also give some penalties to the tinkerer suffix to balance the 2h weapons.

This has been suggested several times over the years, the latest thread I could find here

Crate seem more focused on balancing the weapons themselves than adding to an already overbloated components pool.

I would rather see green 2h weapons have more affixes. For example, no casters use 2h green weapons because they lack CDR, also most legendaries 2h come with +2 skills mastery bonus. 2h green ranged are pretty weak too (both their dmg and modifiers).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.