Tips I Wish I Knew Before Playing

For me the situation is a character at level 75 (out of 85 possible - no AoM yet), devotion procs capped, low player motivation due to doing the same things with the same build twice already. Switching to a completely different set of active skills should make those last ten levels (2.5 Acts) more interesting. And more likely to happen…

Nemesis - at this point, about to clear Cronley’s Hideout, I need 3600 Aetherial, 6400 Chthonian, 15000 Cronley, 16000 Kymon, and 8200 Undead. I don’t have a good sense of how quickly one earns enemy rep, but that looks like Aetherial might unlock naturally, Chthonians should be somewhat close, and the rest will require moderate to enormous amounts of grinding.

Do all nemeses have the same loot pool? Maybe unlocking Valdaran is good enough… :undecided:

Started new thread re Demotivation as we’re getting way off topic for this one.

I think the triple playthrough is a great way to unintentionally grind rep.

Besides, if it’s that boring, feel free to skip act 1 entirely by building the bridge and heading straight to cronley. That’s what I do.

That is very much on topic for this thread! :smiley: I had no idea that was possible. Surely at some point you have to backtrack and get the main quest line caught up with your explorations? Or can you start a playthrough and beeline straight to killing Log, with John Bourbon still standing outside Devil’s Crossing insisting that you need to clear out Burial Cave?

No, idea. But after meeting up with Ulgrim in Burrwitch Outskirts yet again with a new toon it got me wondering what happens to the main questline if you don’t find him? Do you get stuck or does he pop up somewhere else?

I know it used to happen to some people playing TQIT when they missed one of the connecting NPCs. If they missed him it could screw up the game entirely.

I was once thinking of the same thing. Does anybody know what happens if I miss Ulgrim? If I do the 1st act?

Pretty much. :stuck_out_tongue: The only time you need to complete Act 1 is if you want to play AoM - Creed will tell you to go back and help out Devil’s Crossing after killing Log. If you don’t care about playing the expansion though, you can simply move straight onto the next difficulty even if you didn’t bother doing a single thing for DC. :smiley:

He just pops up on the way to Homestead as usual. I think he gives slightly different dialogue but that’s about it. :slight_smile:

I’ve tried breaking the game’s intended progression in a bunch of ways and it seems like there’s always new dialogue or NPCs in place to stop that from happening. :smiley:

Yeah, it pretty much allows you to by pass AoM in the normal/elite playthroughs.

What I do is get a buddy to level me to ~50 in glad crucy, spend all my tributes on devotions, snag the easy devo shrines in normal and elite, then skip right to log.

I don’t typically bother with side quests and use dungeons to farm most of my reputation points.

The downside is that it’s extremely boring grinding for DC’s rep. But I still feel this is more efficient.

That’s very useful, really. I was actually annoyed a few times trying to find Ulgrim in A1, so next time I just do whatever and hope he’ll pop up somewher else, that’s it. Like maybe Deadman’s Gulch, if that was the name of the place.

Also want to remind newbies to use the bounty table. What is VERY efficient is to look at the bounties at the start of each run, and to see which of them aligns with the main objective you’re going for.

For example, if I’m off to kill Cronley, I’d take a bounty which rewards me for killing his ascended goons.

To save a lot of time in inventory management I keep all my materials and components on my character. It takes up space on your character but autocombine and autosort save hours in the long run instead of moving them into the off screen storage.

Me, on the contrary, once in a while I put all mats into the transfer stash so that other chars can use them… Doing it once per session is not a waste of time, plus the stash also has the autocombine button. And, makes levelling next chars more fun. Besides, clicking quickly on the mats to move them doesn’t take so much time at all.

Most of my new chars inherit gear that is preloaded with components. Transferring common items between chars goes without saying.

You’re most likely going to start chucking your mats into common storage in about a coupla hundred hours. I can almost garauntee it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not everyone, some play pure self found and don’t even use the stash :stuck_out_tongue:

Edited my original reply to more accurately, and correctly, reflect my sentiment. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nope, I outgrew the common storage of mats about 1000 hours ago. Closer to stop picking up mats at all stage. Mats come in fast and go out slow.

But is it ethical self found?

I sort of “discovered” yesterday sth that will make me GD life easier - when I went into the Undercity I first emerged for the Broken Hills Riftgate before going on to kill Kirlian, saved me some useless wandering.
I wish I knew that earlier, but of course it’s not some hidden knowledge, I just never thought of doing that before.

How do you mean? I’m confused :undecided: