Tips I Wish I Knew Before Playing

akaik you can play self found tweaked and untweaked meaning that you don’t use items you found with other chars, only the one you are playing at the time.

Ah ha, cheers I understand now. It’s self found with only what that char finds and can carry, blueprints are the only semi shared item as not stored per char, but I still delete the formulas file occasionally when I delete a bunch of old chars and start again fresh.

This could be why I find all my chars stop being fun after a while and start becoming hard work…hence another new char :smiley:

Yep, that’s standard procedure for me. Likewise I’ll drop the personal riftgate at the turn to Archon Barthollem’s tomb before running ahead to tag the Fort Ikon gate and use it to port back. Assuming I feel the need to do the tomb side quest, which thus far I have. Might skip it in Ultimate though since I don’t need the rep or the shrine the third time through.

Re: mats discussion - I’m very much in the shared storage camp. One tab for mats, the other three for twinking. Much better than each character carrying 1-2 bags full of mats and still not having a full rare component when a shrine asks for it…

Hardcore.
Dismantle every legendary you find.
Insert completed components to the random dropped equipment to increase the challenge (can be combined with the previous point in the form of salvaging, because getting rare mats from dismantling legendaries is unethical).
No constelations, since they are unethical powerhouses.
No multiplayer since early access, because player interaction gives too much advantage.
Send at least 84 e-mails to Crate over years asking to remove multiplayer and 3rd party utilities.
Read every dialogue and note (including random drop ones) to fully immerse yourself in the true ethical SSF Hardcore experience.
Every time you go into builds section of the forum and read the word “meta”, “inquisitor”, “mark of torment”, “gladiator 170”, “empowered essence of beronath” and so on, thrust a giant vibrating dildo one to three times to punish yourself accordingly for tainting ethical SSF experience.
Steal at least a dozen credit cards from your parents to pay for 227 copies of GD to show support for Crate and the true hardcore game that they have developed.
Be sad that jajaja left, he was the only one that spoke only truth.

You forgot about JoV too.

Moment of silence for our fallen comrades.

P.S. We should probably sticky this thread.

JoV hasn’t gone. He was active this morning.

jajaja was also active on the 30th April.

They may not be posting, but they’re still here.

None of the threads in the Guides and Tutorials section are stickied because they’re all useful info. Plus there’s barely over a page of them anyway.

Touche, sir. :stuck_out_tongue:

Shouldve done my research!

What drugs are you on and where can I get some?

I read this thread and found the information helpful but still feeling very overwhelmed by the immensity of the game. However, this is a thread I wish I could read for all new games I start.

Background:

Just bought the game and started playing a couple days ago. I only got the Vanilla part of the game so far and just playing through the normal game to enjoy the story before I try to make my character really good.

Currently messing around with the shaman skills and enjoying it. I read that you can respec (which i found) but can I re-do which class i take? I am level 16 now and if I no longer want to be shaman, is it like D3 and I can adjust anything or like D2 where I need to reroll? That part of the thread was not that clear to me.

The attribute points I havent spent any yet since I had no idea what to do with them but the thread helped as well!

You can respec at the Spirit Guide NPC in Devil´s Crossing, all skills including mastery points spend, but not the mastery itself. If you don´t like shaman at all, you will have to start a new character.

Good to know. I Just didnt want to handcuff myself any worse. Do i follow the guide on here or just mess around. bah dont know yet.

This is true if and only if the player has AoM, which RubyRawd does not. Vanilla-only cannot respec mastery points. Which is usually just a temporary problem at most, no big deal.

Thanks for this, really helpful as a new player!

I have to say I still hasn’t get over the fact that attribute points should (usually) be spent almost entirely on Physique… I started playing on January as an Arcanist (eventually Warlock, Arcanist+Occultist) and assumed I should spend a lot of points on Spirit to be able to deal more damage. For Titan Quest old timers it may be obvious why it is that way, but I grew up playing RPGs such as Avernum, in which spellcasters are usually glass canons who are usually better off investing in Intelligence (or Spirit, or whatever name…) and I have to say I think this is much more intuitive for newcomers.

Well, ok, I’ve got the potions at the beginning of the expansion that reset them (on veteran, then elite, then ultimate), but I kinda wasted them (ok that was 100% my fault), so eventually I just used GDeditor to reset the attributes again, this time spending them correctly (I think).

Hey, but don’t get me wrong: I really like the game and stuff, it just annoys me a bit that the attribute system is counter intuitive.

It always was, and always will be. Unless you decouple DA from physique, and both reduce magic damage bonus from spirit AND make it multiplicative, AND make light/caster gear cost way less physique, you won’t see any change. And you could give either elemental or aether/chaos resist to spirit. 0.4-0.5% of spirit total.

45-70 points min in physique, depending on mastery.ű

for me, it was that cc/kiting is mostly useless.

nice guide! :smiley:

Hi there people.

Thanks for the nifty guide elnawawi.

I was wondering, as DA and dodge/deflect is calculated separately.
Is the 60% minimum chance to be hit from the DA tooltips, calculated from the total/final hit chance or just from the DA alone?
There’s a heck of a difference between having:
30% dodge/deflect chance and another “hit check” of 40% chance to be missed (58% chance of avoiding damage in total) and just 40% chance to avoid damage.

Best regards from Zoppy.

It is only a limit on effective DA. Dodge/avoid and fumble are separate mechanics.

What is also worth mentioning is that damage reduction applies before all resists, armor, etc. (i.e. it occurs before damage gets filtered through the ‘order of defense’) <-- As explained by Korsar

This makes it one of the best forms of defense available in the game.

Hence my personal predilection for the alkamos rings and stormtitans.

Thank you for the answer. I found it a little confusing, as it clearly says they will always have at least 60% chance to hit.