TitanQuest.net Site

Who actually runs the site? When was the last time anyone spoke to the person? Were they active on the forums?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I was in touch with them by e-mail recently due to not receiving e-mail notifications of new posts in subscribed threads and not being able to attach screenshots to posts. It’s been erratic for these on and off for a while now, but seemed to have been fixed. They have also run a couple of test posts on the website recently I noticed.

I found this thread via google when I googled “cybertar.ientry.com
TitanQuest.net is still redirecting to a cybertar.ientry.com, which is a weird “Hello World” Welcome to Wordpress page.
It sounds like you guys did some research. Do you know if this is a temporary problem, or if the site is gone???
Thanks. Hope someone here might have an update.

Trying to visit it I keep getting internal server error, anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Merged threads - please see above. :wink:

Not yet kranky. I just sent them another e-mail and I expect Father Squid is trying to contact them too.

Don’t know how soon we may hear anything back - website says “we’re working for you 24/7/365” but a directory listing says for their office hours that they’re closed at the moment. So whether anyone is there over the weekend I don’t know.

Ooops my bad didn’t see this thread

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Well it seems they are taking this seriously. Just saw this up on Monster the other day.

Seeking Website Repairman/Assistant Director for Crisis and Weather Management
Cybartar- Lexington, Kentucky

Our creative, synergistic, cross-promotional, high-energy, verbose, disruptive, borborygmus, brand-focused company is looking for someone to join our dynamic web repair team. Due to recent performance and halitosis issues we have had to… relieve Jim of his position.
Cybartar is a small-time organization which helps heros to ensure their quests are gaining more experience and functioning well. We give them website tools to save gold and manage their stash more efficiently, doing this all from a one story building that definitely does not have anything underground beneath it.

If you have experience in the website repair industry and want to help us grow, reach out to us today.

Tasks/ Responsibilities:

Build and Repair Websites
Water the plants
Work with clients to nail down their website strategy
Wiggle the vending machine when my chips get stuck
Facilitate client/project management
Only go down to the basement to deliver Jim his ration of bread and water and untie his binds while he eats
Manage Company Social Media
Remove any rogue Satyrs from the premises and restrooms
Provide quality customer support & service
Stay out of the basement
Basic administrative duties to assist the team
Maintain high-alert for any combative squirrels

Qualifications:

Super Smart
Must have own screwdriver and wrench. (We assume this is what you use to fix a website. We tried a hammer but the screens kept cracking.)
Proven experience with Photoshop & Illustrator
Must have an extreme disinterest in exploring underground
Good eye for design - layout/colors/typography/photography
5+ years experience gondoliering
Experience creating engaging social media posts on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Google+

Happy, Friendly, Energetic, Explosive, Dynamic, Creative
Professional and engaging appearance
Positive attitude not afraid to get out of your comfort zone.
Positive attitude that [i]is [/i]afraid to get out of your ground floor zone.
Detail oriented, able to handle multiple tasks
Fear of cellars a big plus
Proficient in meme production
Proficient in mime reduction
Good on the phone (Especially when dealing with inquisitive Brits)
Entrepreneurial spirit

Salary not included.

We prefer digitally connected candidates with a completed linkedin profile.

Local candidates only

Well I hope they find their guy soon!

Thanks for your reply! I checked again, and I still get redirected to a weird wordpress blog setup page. Other people here say they get an internal server error message. Strange.
In any event, it isn’t working. Hoping we don’t have to wait through the weekend, and also hoping this isn’t permanent. Thanks!

Thanks for the update. I wonder what poor Jim did! It’s a funny posting in any event.
Did you see when this was created? I’m wondering it the job is to fix this problem, or if it’s just coincidence…

kranky, given the reference in the ad to “Brits” I would guess it’s only been up since yesterday. I called them on the 19th May and I’m a Brit. It was afternoon in Kentucky, evening where I am, so I doubt they got an ad out before that.

Still, they do seem to know the website (reference the squirrels - an in-forum joke thread on TQ.net).

The first question to ask though is who the hell are they?

Second, what do they have to do with iEntry? I did try checking the other day to see if iEntry had been sold or closed, but there’s nothing coming up when I google to suggest that. So what’s going on between the two? jicao’s post of a few days ago giving iEntry’s details shows that they’re based on the 2nd floor so definitely not a one storey building as in Cybertar’s ad.

Third question, are they really serious - assuming it’s a genuine job advert I can’t see anyone bothering if there’s no salary. Yet why go to the expense (I assume there is one) of posting it on Monster if it wasn’t a serious attempt to find someone? mountainblade which Monster site were you looking at? Because if I try Monster.com and cybertar under search by company name it doesn’t find anything.

4th - if iEntry has been sold or at least sold on the website then why didn’t they inform Father Squid so he could let the TQ.net community know?

If I try and access the forum directly I get the internal error message directing me to contact cybertar, but if I try and access the TQ.net home page then I go to cybertar’s website.

Well, if you call them again give them the link to this thread. Maybe they’ll be inclined to make an appearance and clear the air.

;p

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

the one where i just make stuff up :smiley:

sorry to get your hopes up, i had assumed the part where they have a former employee tied up in their basement would give it away as not being a serious job advert

Yeah, I suddenly thought it might be your bad sense of humour after I’d posted.

What ads are you guys talking about, and what are you seeing when you try to go to TitanQuest.net?

When I try to go to TitanQuest.net I get redirected to http://cybertar.ientry.com

I don’t see any ads, just a starter wordpress type page…

Is this happening to you, or are you guys ending up somewhere else?

Forget the ad thing, that was just mountainblade trying to be funny - and failig miserably.

Small update… no official answer from iEntry… but I have spoken to a few people and hope to speak to a few more with regards to the site. Hopefully it is not dead yet. Will update with more when and if I have something concrete to update with.

@medea… Can you send me a pm please?

Another update. iEntry contacted me this morning. Official word from their Director of Operations is that the Titan Quest forum is closed with no further plans to re-open.

If I have further news, I will post follow-ups here.

NO! Why? :cry:

Be sure to ask about database dumps. The data can be extracted and put to use if they will let us have access to it.