TitanQuest.net Site

That’s a good idea eisprinzessin. Never thought of that as I don’t use tags at all.

It would be great if the forums is recovered. Otherwise i can create a new Titan Quest forum.

Hi, maybe this help you:

http://web.archive.org/web/20100329140146/http://www.titanquest.net/forums/

Im not sure about how much can be saved or ckecked there, but some back up is better than nothing.

Also i don’t know how much time that online back up will stay, its like 2nd time in my life i open that website.

Hello. I’m reading page 4/15 of this topic and i need to go to sleep now… so tomorrow I’ll continue reading, but as i posted previusly, maybe anyone can try to save as much info as possible from:

http://web.archive.org/web/20160314133129/http://www.titanquest.net/

I hope it can help, maybe you know that website back up and im not helping. But maybe… yes :wink:

Unfortunately, Skorpion_King, your second link only has the main forum page archived, nothing else. It either doesn’t have other pages archived or it redirects to cybertar.net again. The first does have actual threads but they date back to 2009-2010 so not sure how relevant they would be now.

Let’s see what Father Squid can come up with grinninglich. If he can get hold of the database from iEntry that would help a lot with rebuilding the website.

Yes, I’m reading now that jiaco talked about that website a month ago XD :frowning:

Sorry not helping with it.

your second link only has the main forum page archived, nothing else.

Not really, some topics (I’m not checking all them) can be read, for example:
http://web.archive.org/web/20151128165844/http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/13110-Hard-bosses-and-how-to-defeat-them
or
http://web.archive.org/web/20150910052102/http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/26681-Bosses-and-Damage-Types

I’m not sure how that page works… but the point is: I do not wait the page redirect me following the links. I copy the url of the topic in the old Titanquest.net forum and i use that url as a new search in the search box in top of the web.archive.org site.

One example:

Here
http://web.archive.org/web/20151216200243/http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/forums/5-Gameplay

I want to check the topic: " Complete Guide of Lesser ARTIFACTS". If i follow that link (just doing click on it) the page is not found:
http://web.archive.org/web/20151216200243/http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/13662-Complete-Guide-of-Lesser-ARTIFACTS?

The guide of artifacts is not loaded, and we get an error message:
“Wayback Machine doesn’t have that page archived.”

BUT, if i copy the piece of the url related to that old forum topic i want to check:
http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/13662-Complete-Guide-of-Lesser-ARTIFACTS

And then i go back to home page of the back up of TQ.net,
https://web.archive.org/web/20120702140406/http://www.titanquest.net/

and in the top of the page search tool, I search that specific url. The result is:
https://web.archive.org/web/20120618052444/http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/13662-Complete-Guide-of-Lesser-ARTIFACTS

P.D. What a mess… I’m doing some photos to explain it better but … some Threads (i talk of them as “topics”, sorry) can be read just with the back up links and others not … in case you get the error message of “Thread not found in the back up”, use the search process i said… i hope it helps… if you understand my english…

Ok, i have the server ready. I can quickly get it up and running in a new domain with a forum software of community’s choice.

I’ve always thought titanquest.net was owned by a Titan Quest community member, a modder, a fan, someone like that. It was very surprising for me to found out a commercial company - an email marketing company owns the site. And more surprising is why they’ve shut it down? There is a tons of work on that site. Tons of labor acumulated for years. What were they doing with titan quest anyway? Ads?

Is FatherSquid in contact with them with email or in person? I hope he succeeds in recovering the db, after that the new site wil be community’s and won’t have a risk of closing randomly.

As far as I know by e-mail. As Father Squid said back on the 1st June:

"Long story short. TQ.net was started by one person, who then sold it to a second individual, who in turn sold it to iEntry. They were the longest owners of the site, providing all hosting, upkeep, etc. (even if it wasn’t always timely).

My gut feeling is that iEntry is undergoing some serious upheaval. I have not gotten many responses despite repeated e-mails, but at this point I would still ask people to be patient (perhaps for a couple of weeks…). I am relatively hopeful that some sort of TQ.net will be resurrected before too long, even if the owner / location isn’t exactly the same. However, this process may take time, but I am still hopeful we will get our forum back."

That was a little while ago so hopefully we may hear something from him soon on any progress or lack of. He seems fairly confident that it can be resurrected in some form, it’s just going to take a bit of time to get it sorted/organised.

iEntry have apologised to him for the way the forum was so suddenly closed, but didn’t give any further info. We think they wanted the members database for their business, but then again I’ve never had a single e-mail from them that wasn’t a reply to my original reporting a problem with the TQ.net website. But I’m an individual, not a business.

You are all doing a great job, asking the owners of the old domain, etc, I’m sure (and happy to read the proyect has started) the english TQ community will be working hard again and with a new home full of activity… not as soon as any would like, but someday not too far away. my best wishes for if.

This is because Internet Archive, archives web site pages at certain points in time. This could be different for different pages. Internet Archive, doesn’t archive the whole site. When you search a link with internet archive, it lets you select a day of that archives. I will tell with an example:

In first link “http://web.archive.org/web/20151216200243/http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/forums/5-Gameplay” the page is archived 47 times between April 13, 2010 and February 4, 2016. You selected a day from that 47 archived days. And that is: 2015-12-16 date . However if you click a link from that day’s Internet Archive link(in this case it is 2015-12-16) it will try to take to the archives on the same day. Like this:
"http://web.archive.org/web/20151216200243/http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/13662-Complete-Guide-of-Lesser-ARTIFACTS?" Look to the number in bold. But Lesser artifacts guide isn’t saved on 2016-12-16 day.

So we search the Internet Wayback Machine for not-a-specific day but for all archives for Lesser Artifacts Thread. Look:
“Lesser aritfacts link is saved 3 times between April 16, 2010 and June 18, 2012.”
And your working link is:
“https://web.archive.org/web/20120618052444/http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/threads/13662-Complete-Guide-of-Lesser-ARTIFACTS”

It is the last day of the thread archived. One of the 3 archive day: June 18 2012(2012-06-18). So on that day there is a working link.

I hope it helped :slight_smile:

Violos still hasn’t shown up since the forums went down, hasn’t he? He was working really hard on his TQ->Diablo conversion mod.

Hopefully all the other guys from the TQ forums show up soon.

Grumble grumble grumble… no TQ.net makes it hard to find feedback for character development! Technically, I still have the chat room open over at GlobalGamers.net (you can access it via web-based chat at http://webchat.globalgamers.net/?channels=TitanQuest.Net among other methods), so there’s that too. I’ll have to snag a new link for the Fanpatch though.

Yes, Violos was here on the 25th May. And there’s a thread on his D2I here:

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17398

Been closed since 2015, but the link may still be for the updated version.

He was active on a German TQ fansite I believe (IIRC he had a lot more user feedback and interest there). You might try searching around if you can read German or have got a decent translator browser extension.

Was he continuing the Diablo 2 mod? I thought it was finalized. Was he making the map and everything, like a total conversion? I may have to track him down myself as I wouldn’t want to miss that project.

I think he’s still tweaking it here and there. As it’s not a mod I’m likely to play I haven’t really followed the progress on it.

You did, now i understand how it works, thanks!

Yes, the same fansite I came from. If there’s some translation required, I can certainly help :slight_smile:

Yeah, like Medea said, tweaks here and there, but basically finished, yes. No, it was always intended as a soft mod without changes to the map. But don’t take my word for it, I’m just going by what I can remember from multiplayer sessions playing D2I :slight_smile: He is still around, though, and should see this eventually and give you a proper answer.

Hey fellow Titan killers :slight_smile:
Just writing something to track the post. If anyone has any news, share it with the rest of us (obviously :p). Too bad this happened, I miss the progress of Violos’ work with D2I :eek:

Well, this is sad. To think that so much information people contributed with was lost and cannot be recovered is a little depressing. I hope something can be done but I have my doubts we will ever see the old forum again. I am not that into playing Grim Dawn at the moment but I wanted an account here to keep in contact with some nice people I’ve met over the years.

So it’s nice to see you people, and I also hope you are alright :slight_smile:

  • Laurrrr

Good to see you here Laurrr!