[Tool] Android Companion app for Grim Dawn

I have written a simple Android app to help with organizing and planning devotion paths. It’s named Companion for Grim Dawn and is now available on the Google Play Store. It may be hard to find in search, since it’s still so new, but it can be found here:

Feel free to leave a review or reach out to me with any ideas. I don’t have a ton of free time but will do my best to maintain it and keep it useful.

7 Likes

I hate Google play zoning because it doesn’t like my small island, can you put it on aptoid or get a direct hosting, such as Google drive for the APK, I want to try this ! Thanks for this tool

Oh shoot, I had it set to only the US since it doesn’t have any translations. I guess even another language could still use it well enough. I’ll update it to allow for all countries right now, will update you when it’s available!

1 Like

Play Store tells me it is incompatible with my device although my mobile phone has Android 6.0. Is it for tablets only? Or is it a region issue, too?

Minimum Android version should be 5.0 and tablet/phone should both work. If you are out of the US though that would probably be the issue. I updated it to be available in all countries. Looks like it will take a few minutes to become available, I’ll reply here when it is.

It says that the country availability update went through, let me know if it’s still an issue.

That did the trick.

1 Like

Not sure I should even comment now!, but neat!

6 Likes

Lol I wasn’t sure what I needed to put as a disclaimer so I tried to cover everything :laughing: Thanks!

Very cool. I’ll give it a look later as I’ve always felt we’ve needed a decent mobile app for Grim Dawn stuff.

1 Like

I live in Australia no Companion for Grim Dawn found in Play Store.

It probably won’t show up in searches for a while but the link in the post should take you to the listing!

Thanks got it.

1 Like

Shows up in search

Btw, are you new?

1 Like

Yes I can install it ! Thanks !

Yes! I’ve lurked here since I got the game (about a month ago) but this gave me a reason to make an account.

2 Likes

V1.2 update just went live adding full text search, auto-save so you don’t lose where you were at, ability to see a summary of where you’re at and how you got there with the option to copy it externally, validation to prevent using over 50 points at a time to get unrealistic results, and a bug fix where things were resetting when you rotate your screen.

1 Like

V1.2.1 update because I didn’t realize the point cap was 55, not 50 :sweat_smile:

V1.3 is live, with a small UI update and the ability to star devotions. Starring devotions will add add their requirements right below your current affinities, so that you can set goals and easily see what you need to get. You can also filter by starred devotions, allowing you to make a sort of custom filter if that’s all you want to use it for.

Also, thanks everyone for trying out the app! Already over 100 downloads after only 2 days. You guys gave me motivation to keep updating it.

V1.4 is up, this was one I got a lot of requests for and am happy with.

Now devotions that you don’t meet the requirements for will give the option to add them if there’s anything that can be added temporarily to get you to it and then still be self-sufficient after removing. So like without any affinity, you can add anvil and you’ll get a dialog that prompts you saying that you could add crossroads first, then add anvil, then remove crossroads. It’s really nice when you don’t want to dig through everything just to meet a requirement.

And also added an option to disable the validations because sometimes you just want to put things a certain way without worrying how you got there.

Cheers!