[Tool] GD Defiler

As someone who tries to steer clear of “cheating” I gotta ask; is there a consensus on the legitimacy of characters that have had their masteries/stats reset using this? The game was obviously meant to be played without the ability to reset masteries/stats, but I’m wary at the thought of making a new character for every outdated build I’m using. Out of my 16 characters (one for each class) about half of them are older, high level characters which I have no desire to start over for each of them. Of course, I have no problem spending Iron Bits/Tonics of Clarity to reset my skills/devotions. :slight_smile:

I’m having difficulty getting the masteries to reset with skills intact. I’m not running any mods just the normal game. Thoughts?

The players who use this tool really don’t care about this “legitimacy” thing you talk about.

The game was also created/designed with the idea/capability of being modded and for third party tools. The devs have stated this when the game was conceived.

If you don’t like to use the tool, then don’t use it.

For more discussion see the thread: [thread=29771]HEXED: why it bothers you[/thread].

The game is a single player game with some multiplayer options added to it so it won’t matter to most players what anyone else is doing. As ibugsy says if it bothers you don’t use it.

tks for your great work and sharing
just have a question: I’m playing the mod grimarillion now and it’s seem the additionals mysteries can not detected by this tool so no way for me to test build :frowning:
is there anyway to solve that pls ?

If ur testing like 20 builds you might grow tired of it

i tried downloading this mod and it giving me a “application can’t be started”.

why can’t i start it?

Hi Soul, do you have any intend to bring back the old mods of TQdefiler to support TQAE in near future yet?

Soul, not sure if this will be the case when the expansion is released, but I used a couple of existing toons for playtesting and now the Defiler shows them as double - the lower level they were when they entered the game after installing the Expansion and the second is their current level in the game. Davan hasn’t actually entered Act 5, I just converted him from a Demo into a Purifier by adding the Inquisitor mastery.

soul this is the error details:
PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.2.9200.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.36366
System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.36366 built by: FX452RTMLDR
clr.dll : 4.0.30319.36366 built by: FX452RTMLDR
dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.36366 built by: FX452RTMLDR
dfshim.dll : 6.3.9600.16384 (winblue_rtm.130821-1623)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/M2tt%20Back/Desktop/GD%20Defiler.appref-ms%7C
Server : nginx/1.10.3 (Ubuntu)
X-Powered-By : ASP.NET

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\Dave Back\Desktop\GD Defiler.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Activation failed.
+ The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
* The manifest for this application does not have a signature. Signature validation will be ignored.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [7/25/2017 12:52:08 PM] : Activation of C:\Users\dave Back\Desktop\GD Defiler.appref-ms| has started.
* [7/25/2017 12:52:08 PM] : Performing necessary update check as specified by the deployment.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [7/25/2017 12:52:08 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (Activation)
- Activation failed.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.Activate(DefinitionAppId appId, AssemblyManifest appManifest, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
— Inner Exception —
System.IO.FileNotFoundException
- The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.NativeMethods.CorLaunchApplication(UInt32 hostType, String applicationFullName, Int32 manifestPathsCount, String[] manifestPaths, Int32 activationDataCount, String[] activationData, PROCESS_INFORMATION processInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

i cant make head or tails of this and it worked before and suddenly stoped working…:o

F-Secure has suddenly thrown a wobbly about this program just now when I fired my PC up this morning. It’s uninstalled it and won’t let me reinstall, even when I say to. :cry: Yet it’s put an icon for the Defiler on my desktop.

Edit: Now this evening F-Secure seems happy and has let me install the program without a single whinge. So it’s all good again - apart from the double character listing I mentioned earlier.

well that makes sense that anti- virus may interfere with a program like this. i dont think thats the case with my issue…

And now F-Secure has done it again! :furious:

Well re-installed it again last night and so far F-Secure hasn’t whinged. Fingers crossed whatever it was is sorted out now.

Nope, gone again. :frowning: I’ve excluded Soul’s Software and allowed GDDefiler.exe, but the problem keeps happening.

Here’s a list of the files that keep causing the problem. They’re two different ones each time and F-Secure says they have different viruses.

Application:W32/Generic.858d3c4934!Online
Gen:Variant.MSILPerseus.115606
Trojan.GenericKD.5707128

As for the double toons appearing in the Defiler that’s something to do with the expansion at the moment so should sort itself out once the expansion is released. Separate backup files so imported toons can return to the main game if players want.

wow i don’t get why this program just suddenly broke. when mine stopped working it did not update or anything so i’m not sure with mine either.

Well, as far as I know mine hasn’t updated either. But F-Secure has taken against something in the programme. What I don’t understand is that it throws a wobbly when I first fire up my PC in the morning 7-8am, but will let me install the programme without whinging in the evening. If there’s a problem with a file or files then it should be there every time and not just sometimes. And I’ve just installed it again perfectly normally (just before 9pm). It’s just plain weird! :confused:

i use avast so im not sure where to go for that. i also tried reinstalling it and that did not work either so i figure ill just try and contact soul.

Well so far so good. But I now have 2 GDDefiler icons, both of which work to open the programme plus another file of some kind on my desktop. Weird.

The expansion is making copies of your old non-expansion characters when you launch them for the first time, nothing to do with the tool. :wink: