[Tool] GD Defiler

Hi Zendrak! I recognize the name… I think the patching/editing you’re referring to is the mods by screen? The mods were originally created by other coders, and some myself yes…but using those byte codes I added their mods into TQ Defiler, no other programmers have worked on TQ Defiler itself. That said, all of those existing mods at some point for TQ should make it into GD Defiler, and hopefully new ones for Grim Dawn will be created by people to also be included in the GD Defiler for others to enjoy. :slight_smile:

I’m definitely not the expert at creating mods like some of the others like Bman and Raven, but I’ll do my best to recreate some of them if I can for GD!

Soul

I loved your work in TQ, thanks!

Glad to see it will be back here. I spent way too much time making the silliest builds I could imagine with Defiler. Best of luck developing this!

B17 and Act 2 are out! :smiley:

Does this mean GD: Defiler Beta is almost available?

If so how do I get in!??!!??!! :wink:

When can we expect GD Defiler?

Soon™

:wink: :rolleyes:

thank you soulsekkor for making this mod back on titan quest there were 2 mods we couldnt play without tq defiler and tq vault … again many thanks soul :smiley:

Soul posted this on his page today:

I’m hoping to make my finishing touches and have it up this weekend for people to try out, the release of Act 2 caught me by surprise by being on the same day the new Diablo 3 patch came out. :frowning: I have Titanfall but haven’t tried it yet!

Soul

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

Absolutely love this little app for TQ lol! It’s so good can’t wait to see it in action on Grim Dawn!

can’t wait to try this out myself, this and TQ vault, awesome mods, but anyway keep the awesome work and can’t wait for the test release.

Just letting everyone know I’m getting close to putting this up, it’ll be this week or weekend at latest…I’m in the process of moving my domain names around and need to see how it’ll mess up (or not mess up) things before I put this up, I don’t want to put it up for testing just to have people not able to access it because everything is down. On that note don’t be alarmed if my website or forums disappear for a few days. :slight_smile:

Soul

Great news, SoulSeekkor!

can’t wait, and thanks for the heads up!

Super excited about this, Soul! Please let it be known in this thread when it is available as I want to get it as soon as I can!

Thanks for all your hard work!

Syn

Hello all! It looks like everything is good to go, so alas here is the download link for the GD Defiler:

http://www.soulseekkor.com/apps/gddefiler/publicpublish/publish.htm

This time around is a little different than TQ Defiler, at least for testing…this is a publish that is installed via this page and will automatically check for updates and install them when it starts up (at least until I get my patcher going). This will expire at pre-determined dates as well so ensure that people don’t use outdated builds.

Also, this will NOT modify Grim Dawn characters, it will let you make the changes as normal but the menu to Save/Save As have been disabled for now. You CAN however modify and save Titan Quest and Immortal Throne characters.

The purpose of this is currently to make sure that all Grim Dawn and/or Titan Quest characters load properly and everything looks right to you guys. It’ll appear much more stripped down than TQ Defiler right now, and it’s set up very differently…because it’s being written from scratch. Please feel free to leave lots of feedback or comments/suggestions!

Soul

Thank you ever so much for your time and work with this.

Installed perfectly and displays all my chars and info correctly as far as I can see. Looking forward to trying with saving enabled :smiley:

Cheers again

Edit for info… Win 8.1 x64

Thank you for the info! Glad to hear it’s all good on Windows 8.1. :slight_smile: There are a number of Grim Dawn file formats actually, and I know one person that has a character from a build that I wasn’t around for (and don’t have a file for)…I’ll be adding that format in soon so if you see characters missing from the list and “Error: Unknown file format” listed in the log at the bottom of the screen, that’s why. :slight_smile:

Soul

Thank you so much for the Defiler, Soul! I will look into it when I have some free time today. I hope the initial responses are positive and constructive - helping you progress with the development. I very much look forward to the full implementation of the program!

Keep up the excellent work, mate!

Syn

Installed correctly. McKafee didn’t like it, but I told it to install it anyways. :wink: It’s not a code issue, just didn’t like where I was downloading it from.

Fired it up. Went through the avaliable features, and seems to work well. opens seperate tabs for each character you click on. Look forward to more options. Awesome job!!

Thanks for the report cldfrze! :slight_smile: Suppose I’m not surprised that AV wouldn’t like installing software off the web, good to know that happens though so I can take that into account down the road. :wink: And thank you for the kind words!

Just put up a new build, this adds support for the one file format that I didn’t have a sample of, from Build 13 I believe. Also, a character file that doesn’t load no longer prevents subsequent characters from loading for that game type.

Soul