[Tool] GD Defiler

works for me, thank you and happy new year

Hi, I still have problem with any hero on epic difficult lvl.
Please, help someone I want finish TQ:AE :cry:

How do i use this? I started the app but how do i use it?

Trying to add GD folder in settings gives this error

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at GDDefiler.frmSettings.GamePath_TextChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Text(String value)
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.set_Text(String value)
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.set_Text(String value)
at GDDefiler.frmSettings.GamePath_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.7.3260.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

GDDefiler
Assembly Version: 0.2.3.3
Win32 Version: 0.2.3.3
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/GD%20Defiler/GDDefiler.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 14.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System
Win32 Version: 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Deployment
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

Common
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/GD%20Defiler/Common.DLL

Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging=ā€œtrueā€ />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

[SPOILER]Hm, Iā€™m having issues with the Defiler as well. The previous version worked just fine. A couple days ago I wanted to reset the death count on a char and got an error on saving. Looked up if there was an update, nope. Looked here and saw people having problems and new versions getting released.
So I downloaded the new one, installed and itā€™s not working.

During the installation it automatically installed the framework and at a point hung for several minutes, but finished. Demanded a reboot, which I postponed. After a restart I tried the defiler but it tells me that I need framework 4.7.2.
Then I looked up my installed ones and itā€™s not there. Downloaded the installer and did it. Again, had to postpone the reboot. Today checked again and defiler nags me the sameā€¦

The weird thing is that in my windows framework folder there is no 4.7 folder. The highest version is ā€œv4.0.30319ā€ (I think I read once that 4.7 is part of 4.0). AND I have the correct KB in installed updates, so I should have 4.7. Defiler just doesnā€™t want to work for me -_-

Windows 8.1 btw, which should be supported by the framework.[/spoiler]

UPDATE: it works now! I downloaded the offline installer of framework 4.7.2, installed AND rebooted immediately. This time windows installed it and Defiler starts :smiley:
Dumb windowsā€¦ usually postponing a reboot will still install/update stuff meh

Thanks btw for your great tool. To this day Iā€™m also still using TQDefiler for its amazing features/hacks :smiley:

so i was trying to fix a character today with defiler and i saw something strange, in the rift section,under the ashes of malmouth rifts tab, there was a Act6 section, which contained rifts like these: korvan plateu, temple of something, circle of three (or maybe temple of three?), ā€¦ in other words riftgates from the coming expansion

i tried to recreate the situation but failed, now there are only tabs for vanilla and aom there, anyone has any clue?

i wish i had taken a screenshot or maybe even looked at the names more carefully

Edit: searched a bit and found a screengrab of devstream, and it kinda confirmed what i saw: Circle of the Three, korvaan plateu, temple of ā€¦, korvan summit, and couple of others

anyone else saw that strange section in defiler?

I cannot open a character that has done ragnarok. When will GD Defiler be compatible with ragnarok?

Same here: it opens Iron Throne (AE) / Ragnarok characters just fine, but I canā€™t edit anything apart from gold, health, energy and stats. Iā€™d love to be able to change masteries.

I cannot open a character that has done ragnarok. When will GD Defiler be compatible with ragnarok?

Same here.
Please make it happen

The option to increase the loot drop is not available for Titan Quest - Anniversary Edition. Ehā€¦ thatā€™s the most useful feature the old TQ Defiler had.

None of those sort of options have been included yet.

hey, hope that hasnt been asked yet.
started to play TQA while waiting on GD:FG. So messed around with skilling a bit and wanted to respec skills, attributes, masteries, ā€¦

so skills and masteries are ā€œgreyed outā€, attributes i can changeā€¦ any solution? deactivated cloud and stuffā€¦

Could you please email your player.chr file to [email protected]?

I will take a look at this, Iā€™ll be releasing a new version here soon so this will most likely be fixed with that. :slight_smile:

@Nuggets

Glad you got it working!

@TheWrecker

The character you were trying to fix, you are not able to get that to show up again? It shouldnā€™t be visible unless the character has that expansion available, there is most likely an edge case where that tab isnā€™t hidden which Iā€™ll dig into and make sure it is fixed.

@DarkLance69,@GawainBS,@bugmenot,@mettwurstjesus

I believe it should be fully Ragnarok compatible, but honestly a lot of the old TQ code needs a rewrite to be more like the GD code, Iā€™ll be dedicating more of my time to refine the Titan Quest characters and editing.

P.S. As medea stated, there is no mods functionality currently in the GD Defiler. It is on my back log but it is a much more time consuming endeavor to bring the TQ mods up to date with AE as well as create new ones for GD, I no longer have the tools necessary to create/port them and with Steam the game files change very often which unfortunately breaks them constantly. :frowning:

Soul

New beta test for TQAE on the way soon as well. Theyā€™ve just finished asking for people to apply to become playtesters for it.

Hello Soul,
Quite time ago TQAE updated to have a new portal in Mount Olympus, where we kill that big boy typhon.
However, whenever I used GD defiler to load a character then saved, the portal in that placed is not activated, so I have to do another run to activate it again.
I guess because GD Defiler hasnā€™t update that portal location so plz check it if possible.

Thank you for your hard work, I know making update for Steam version is quite troublesome due to steam files but Iā€™m really appreciated any release you made.

Wish you have a nice day.

I believe it should be fully Ragnarok compatible, but honestly a lot of the old TQ code needs a rewrite to be more like the GD code, Iā€™ll be dedicating more of my time to refine the Titan Quest characters and editing.

Great news. I love you man :smiley:

Oh, canā€™t wait to use it to salvage my Ranger! Thank you!

The mod I am most interested in is locking the time of day in TQ AE edition. Will that one ever work again?

I still cannot use the GD Defiler to open some of my characters, all I get is the rebirth 1 error thing :frowning:

hello soul, since the last patches with crate getting ready for the FG release Defiler has not been working for meā€¦ Meaning it does open my characters but on save it apparently does not save in the newer format ā€œWhatever that isā€ this started about a month ago. I reinstalled several times to check this and same thing. Defiler will open and save, but when i put the character in the directory and open Grim Dawn AOE the characters no longer show up. I also use GD Stash which also used to open the saved files and even it does not see them now? any insite on this would be a great help.

Hi Soul,

some good news?

Thanks for your great work :smiley: