[Tool] GD Defiler

Yeah same thing just happened to me. Couldn’t even get the character to show back up from a backup without disabling Steam cloud.

When I try to open a character that got into Ragnarok, I get “Rebirth data version is not 1, this character may be incompatible with this program. Unable to continue. Exception Method: Void()” Furthermore, the characters I can open cannot have their stats or masteries changed. I can change the number of attribute points I have, amount of skill points, gold amount, and waypoints, but not stats.

Help?

First of all - I have scoured the internet looking for a fix and cannot seem to find one. But I am getting an “Error Loading Character” when i click on one of the characters. It also says “Properties block version mismatch!” unknown version 5.

If anyone knows anything or any kind of fix it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Sounds like the tool still needs to be updated to the latest char save format introduced by 1.1.0.0

How would I go about doing that? I have uninstalled and installed both the game and GD Defiler twice now and it still wont work.

You don’t go about that, SoulSeekkor has to update the tool and publish the update. You can only wait for that.

Just released:

0.2.3.4 (3/15/2019)
-Fixed list and totals positioning for TQ/IT lists.
-Updated to handle latest 1.1.0.1 patch.

Let me know if you have any issues! I’ll back track to check posts I’ve missed on this thread ASAP.

Soul

thanks for the upkeep

Unhandled exception if I change a characters name by the way. But good apart from that so far. Thank you for the update.

Many thanks Soulseekkor. :slight_smile:

Hi soulseeker

it doesn’t work for me.

GD says Valid charakter found, but when I try to load it:

---------------------------
GD Defiler Error Loading Character
---------------------------
The following exception occurred while attempting to load the following character file:

Z:\Windows7\Bugmenot\Documents\My Games\Titan Quest - Immortal Throne\SaveData\Main\_Alkos\player.chr

Exception: 

System.Exception: Rebirth data version is not 1, this character may be incompatible with this program.  Unable to continue.

bei GDDefiler.CharFormatH2.Load()
   bei GDDefiler.CharFormatH2..ctor(String sCharacterFile, Boolean bPeakMode)
   bei GDDefiler.modGlobal.LoadCharacter(String sCharacterFile, Boolean bPeakMode)
   bei GDDefiler.frmTQCharacter.frmCharacter_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Exception Description:
Rebirth data version is not 1, this character may be incompatible with this program.  Unable to continue.

Exception Method:

Void Load()

I play Titan Quest Anniversery Edition - Ragnarök.
My Char is currently Epic Egypt.

probably going to need to do this again for when forgotten gods come out…

I’m getting similar errors for all my characters. Thanks for still providing support for this tool!

Error: https://imgur.com/5yjR8nd

This program removed all of my completed quests, journal entries, and bounties… ALL of them, wtf?!? How do I get them back?

I was getting so frustrated trying to purchase Forgotten Gods today when I realized it releases tomorrow, but after spending about 60h on this game, when I only have about 3hr or less to play a day, and only 2-3 days to play it per week, I highly value my time. I had no idea what I was doing going into making my character and was just winging it. I discovered I took the wrong second class and found out <drum roll> there is no way to respec your fucking class! Wow, how incredibly inconvenient, and the fact you need a trainer to do something which should be inherent to the game instead of punishing it’s players unnecessarily… shows lack of foresight on the developers part of what would otherwise be a fantastic game. I know trainers are not without their issues, but since this is my first play through, I just don’t see any reason to continue. I have no desire to restart all these missing quests, entries, bounties, component scrolls I found, etc. None. And I don’t blame your trainer friend, I blame CRATE for making creating such an glaringly obvious and asinine design flaw. So, please let me know if they can be restored, otherwise, this game will just get deleted off of my computer. Thank you for your help.

I had this error and fully uninstalling, shutting down, then restarting/reinstalling seems to have fixed it. Don’t know if it’ll work for you but hey sometimes The IT Crowd is right!

If those got wiped, they’re gone for good. Unfortunately all of that information is stored in separate files that GD Defiler doesn’t back up (though it really should, since this same thing has happened to several of us.) If the game encounters and error with your save, rather than informing you of the error it just wipes everything and starts over.

Yes, if this happens, there is nothing you can get back… you would need to have made a backup of the char before you made your changes in order to recover from this…

On the other hand you could get the quests from any other char someone has available, so it is more a matter of knowing where in the game you are and what factions you are aligned with.

As to preventing this issue, either do not use cloud save, or when you insist on using cloud save, make sure to not change chars while the game is running. Never had it happen with local chars and supposedly not having GD running pretty much prevents this from happening for cloud saves - I’d still make a backup for cloud saves first, just to be safe though…

A mistake I’ll not make again in the future. I was so angry when I made my first post but rethought it and decided I really love every aspect of this game, other than the class problem, so I’ll just start a new character and see if Forgotten Gods ads anything new to the base game.

I didn’t know how this trainer worked and thought it worked off the character in memory so the game at least had to be loaded for the changes to take place. Now I know better.

Hi,

first time user, I love the fact that you can change and correct your chars that easily and make them like gods in the game.
But I have not backed up my .gdc file of my main char and had few legit changes like secondary mastery change and attribute reset on Mar 27 while the game was closed and with the newest version 0.2.3.4
since then, the game freeze with black screen (have to kill process) every 10 mins or so of gameplay.
I’ve noticed your app created a backup: Sky-03272019-220512.gddbak
and I was wondering if this is the base gdc file before the GDD changes (it matches the date) and will it be possible to restore the backup or somehow correct it.
I can also reproduce and send you the crash files if you would like to investigate.

Thanks,
-Sky

Hello,

Been using the tool for a while and it’s always been super helpful, thanks for the hard work.

I have a couple of questions and I’m wondering if it would be possible to do this.

On the skills menu, is there any way to add a skill? as in just like the ones that are known to the character already, is it possible to add one and just type records/skills/playerclass01/fieldcommand1.dbr and it will add it for example?

It seems the GD Defiler works with almost no problems with Grimarillion, right out of the bat with one exception, the titan quest masteries dont show on the Masteries/Devotion tab at all when selected ingame. Not sure if this is something that already has been pointed out but I wonder if it would be possible to fix or add these in the future? The diablo3 ones and the Zenith ones show up with no problem and it’s possible to refund them but for some reason the TitanQuest ones do not.

Thanks for the work, hope somebody could help with this.