[Tool] GD save file editor

This should be fixed with the latest version now. =)

1 Like

Hi, can this editor set attribute points to the desired amount?

Hi there,

You can show your attribute points like this:

> show attr

attribute-points

Set the attribute points, and show it again

> set attr 100
<... omitted ...>

> show attr

attribute-points

Lastly, you’ll want to make sure to write out a copy of the character with:

> write
or
> w

The show and set command will both try its best to do string matching on the field name that you put in. So, the above show attr command actually means the same as show attribute-points for the editor internally. Actually, it looks like show att will resolve to the same field as well.

Hope that helps!

Thank you.

Can this editor also set the stat points for cunning, spirit, health, etc?

Howdy,

try:

> show cunning
> show spirit
> show health

You can use the set command on the same fields to whatever value you want.

In general, the editor tries to let you change the value of whatever can be examined via the show command. You can dig around the character file with show. When you find something you want to change, you can probably do something with it using set.

Hoooooowdy everyone!

A new feature has been added to the editor! Have you ever been browsing grimtools.com and think, “Hey, that’s a cool build! It’d be nice if I can try it out real quick”?

Well, @WyreZ thought so. He’s got a shiny new tool you can use with gd-edit to quickly import a grimtools character into GD. You’ll be running a fancy new build, complete with all the right equipment, skills, and devotions in no time flat!

Here’s how:

The editor will prompt you to name the character and set it’s level. It will then create the character from a template and move it to the local save directory.

You should be ready to launch the game and try the character out!
Yeah, it’s still a few steps, but it’s CONSIDERABLY fewer than having to build the character manually.

If you run into any problems with the editor, do let me know! Things are uh… minimally tested as usual. x)

If you run into problems with the web tool… or need help with more detailed instructions on how to use it… Go here.

9 Likes

Very nice tool you have here @Odie!

I tried dropping a .json file from @wyrez’s Get Grim Dawn to create a character, but it’s throwing up an error when I do that. I just installed the latest 32-bit and 64-bit java. I can start the program and it lists my characters without any problem. Here’s the error that comes up:

2 Likes

I have the same error right now. Maybe I need toot set up the program properly :thinking:
I get the error even when just launching the program:

PS Thanks a lot for the tool! This is going to be incredible for build makers and min-maxers.

2 Likes

Oops! Looks like I might have used the “wrong” version of java to compile the program. Can you grab the new version (same link as usual) and try again?

3 Likes

Works now, thanks for a quick fix!

[edit] I see the relic completion bonus is wrong but it’s no biggie

1 Like

Thank you so much for your incredible work on this!! :smiley:

1 Like

Alrighty! Looking into this with WyreZ. We may or may not be able to set the completion bonus properly. We’ll see!

3 Likes

Hey! Good news!

A new version has been released! When creating a character using the getgrimdawn tool, the editor will now attach the right completion bonus!

Big thanks to @WyreZ for doing a bunch of work to make this possible!

3 Likes

Thank you for your hard work Odie! Amazing service to the community :smiley:

Everyone, buy Odie a beer or another delicious beverage of his choosing.

2 Likes

Hi, my save files duplicated in editor

@YiSValkirye

Hi there,

Did this just start happening with the new version?

Just wondering if I broke something recently?

sorry, i used only this version, i can check old version if you have link.

Hi there,

I might have identified why this happens? Here’s a version with a fix. Please let me know if this works for you. =)

thank you, i resolved problem. It’s windows 11 bug with documents folder duplicate in system. I losed all my saves, but resolved :slight_smile:

thanks works great so far.
since i created a template from a char that has completed ultimate to play all sorts of builds in SR, i was able to reset all stats to 0, except nemesis kills. did i miss it or is it missing?
not that important, just everything else is there and ocd ocd ocd. OCD!

OCD